“Not Bad at All!”
Review of Siesta Motel

Siesta Motel
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

I read many reviews before booking here but I couldn't ignore the low price and I'm glad I ignore the reviews. We got the 3 bedroom place with a kitchen, living room and washer/dryer. Everything was outdated but in good working condition. The kids loved the big space and so did we. I don't understand what people expect from a Motel but you get what you paid for. If you are looking something along the line of the Hilton then go there. We came here on vacation and loved our stay. If you just are looking for a place to rest and sleep then this is the place. Keep in mind that there is an airport near by, we heard it once during the day but we didn't hear it at night, and it's next to the one major road, all motels there are next to the same road. Use google maps and see it for yourself. After paying 3x more last year for 1 room and 1 bath room for 2 adults and 3 kids on a Hotel we were very happy with this place. The manager was great and friendly. He stands by his Motels policy so don't go by any booking agents policies. We will definitely be using them again.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Luis D

Reviewed 14 June 2014

nice hotel check in man not to friendly. we parked our car and we had had loud knock on the door by afternoon lady that we were parked wrong. wife said she would let me know and she said move it now. besides that pretty nice hotel I would still stay there again. very comfortable bed, very nice ac. very clean.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Brian I
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Aware of the no refund policy, I checked out early from the Siesta Motel with 3 nights still remaining on my reservation, fully expecting to take the loss. Frank CALLED ME to ask if all was well and informed me that if he could rent the room, I would get a refund. Thanks Frank. According to subsequent emails he rented it at least 1 night, but no credit has appeared nor is he answering email. YOU CALLED ME! Why tell me I’d get a refund if you had no intention of issuing one. BOZO! Now I see I'm not the only sucker.
As far as the property goes - The rooms are dated and worn but clean. The "garden" area and outdoor furniture could use a MAJOR cleaning.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank stamphistory
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I wish I had read the previous posts about this thieving establishment! I also had my deposit money denied by a con artist who goes by the so called name Frank. I called in plenty of time to receive my deposit back and was told I would get it back by Frank. Days went by and nothing showed up on my bank account. l left many voice messages with no call back. I have reported this crook to the Marathon Chamber of Commerce, made a fraud report to my credit card company, contacted the Marathon Police dept. and have contacted my attorney. To all that he has done this to, rest assured he will no longer get away with future fraud. This scumbag has taken advantage of too many innocent travelers. He even had the balls to accuse me of threatening him. What a low life!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Ed S
Reviewed 6 May 2014

**** “Buyer Beware” ****

My husband and I made reservations to stay with family at the Siesta Motel for 4 days in April. We subsequently had an illness and as a result, a death in the immediate family and were unable to keep our reservations.

We made a special trip from Fort Lauderdale to Marathon to meet with Frank and explain our situation. Frank said he would work with us about the reservation and that he would refund most if not all of our deposit. I called Frank one week after the reservation and asked about our refund. He said “I am very busy right now but I keep extensive notes which I will review and call you later”.
After a couple of days when I did not hear from Frank, I called again. One of Frank’s staff answered the phone and said Frank was not in today and she would give Frank the message that I called. I called again a couple days later and Frank said he had already issued a refund a week prior. But as of this posting we have yet to receive a refund on our credit card.

Frank has proven himself to be an unscrupulous liar and I would caution anyone about doing business with this man. And again, BUYER BEWARE

Room Tip: "Buyer Beware"
Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Robin P
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We cancelled our stay (the room was nothing like the pictured room, tiny, tiny, tiny).Frank said that if he rented the room that we would get a credit back on our Visa. During the week no vacancy was posted on the motel and when we left at the end of the week Frank said that the room had been rented all but one day and that we would get the credit on our card.
He kept making excuses that the bank didn't do the credit and now doesn't return my calls.
This is a rip off character out of a novel.
Don't trust him, don't go there period.
Cheap thief is how I would characterize him.
Blight on the Keys.
Bill Green

Room Tip: don't go there period
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank bill g
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Clean, but that's about all. The manager was often unavailable and quite rude to us when we asked for assistance. The maid pounded on our door 20 min. before check out and told us we had to leave by 11:00. We were getting ready as she spoke. She sat outside waiting for us to leave. As soon as we left she and the manager ran into our room. There was no pool on site and were told about another pool we could go to which was small and crowded.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank portwinelinda
varzil13, Owner at Siesta Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Thank you for the nice comment on our cleanliness - My housekeeper gets compliments every day about how clean our rooms are. We do not pound on the guest doors but we do give a courtesy knock about 15 minutes before checkout and we do this because many guests sleep late. Many hotels/motels do this and I do not t believe it is a problem. Also, when guests leave my housekeeper does go in the room to start cleaning - no surprise there.

The majority of our reviews mention how helpful I am when they have questions or when they are checking in - I was shocked to hear I was rude especially when I go out of my way many times to help guests enjoy their stay in the Keys.

Our office is open from 7am to 6pm every single day and i am there. When the office is closed there is a phone on the office door that rings directly to my cell phone if the guests need anything. My housekeeper lives on site and I live right next door 30 seconds away - I don't know how much more available we could be.

All of our advertising CLEARLY states that our guests have free access to the 2 largest, most beautiful resort pools here in town. Neither of these pools are small and as for being crowded i highly doubt it as most people go to our gorgeous local beaches and pools are an afterthought.

It never ceases to amaze me that when some people are visiting one of the most beautiful tropical areas of the country - they will do their utmost to find something to complain about and make themselves miserable.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marathon Shores
Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort
Kingsail Resort Motel
Kingsail Resort Motel
#13 of 16 in Marathon

Been to Siesta Motel? Share your experiences!