“Good boats,fair and reasonable service.”
Review of Cedar Bay Yacht Club - CLOSED

Cedar Bay Yacht Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Cedar Bay Yacht Club is one of Southwest Florida's top destinations for boating, fishing and water sport enthusiasts. A brief 20-minute ride to the open waters of the Gulf of Mexico, CBYC is the largest fully covered marina in Marco Island with 350 indoor dry-storage boat slips, a Mercury Certified Service Department with Yamaha Certified Technicians, and a large fleet of rental boats.
Reviewed 22 January 2013

I have rented deck boats on 3 occasions from cedar bay.The man who does the rentals is a character, but nice and fair.We had to change days once, due to inclement weather, no prob.We had to start late the next time, no prob.We rented over christmas day and he let us have the boat all day even though the place was officially closed.the boats were fine, the directions correct and the prices reasonable; I will go back.

1  Thank windward102
CJflash, Manager at Cedar Bay Yacht Club, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Now owned by W.R. Marine corporation. DBA Walker's Hideaway Marina as of May 2013.

Reviewed 16 November 2012

I would like to express my severe disappointment with Cedar bay boat rentals. My friends and I rented a boat. Before going out in the water, we were told where to stay (as far as channels and deep water.) We were also told if anything should happen, like boat breaking down or getting stuck, that Cedar bay would gladly be available to help us.

We had a wonderful day, obeyed all the channel markers but on our way back ran aground and got stuck. we called cedar bay, the lady said she all we could do is wait for sea tow or wait for the tide (6-8 hours.) we called sea tow, , the gentleman was very nice and actually called cedar bay for us to let them know we were within the channel and didn't do anything wrong. but still, cedar bay wouldn't help (they wouldn't come out nor would they help with the sea tow bill.)

to make a long story short, we had to use sea tow, it was 490$ dollars to get towed. the guy that orginally rented us the boat was very rude when we got back to the marina. I am a local here on Marco and could not believe how insulting he was (verbally) to three women. and that he was screwing a local over.

apparently cedar bay is the only boat rental company on the island that does not have a contract with sea tow. Dont' rent from them. there are tons of other rental companies that are much better and friendlier.

5  Thank travelbean32

Reviewed 29 October 2012

Very helpful and patient with land-lubbers - such as me. A great day out for the family and watch out for the dolphins swimming alongside the boat

Reviewed 31 August 2012

I store my boat there. People are very knowledgeable. Service department is always there to help. They clean your boat and let you know of any problems.

1  Thank Perry G