Marriott's Crystal Shores
US$332
US$382
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Marco Island Lakeside Inn(Marco Island)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$159
  • Beachfront
The Boat House Motel(Marco Island)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsvacation clubtom bradyocean fronttwo bedroom villamarriott hotelacross the streetdaily activitiesloss preventionon site restaurantunder constructionhuge balconywrap around balconytime sharefull kitchenliving areadining tablenew tower
Reviewed 3 September 2011

This is an excellent property in every way. The condo units are beautifully done with high end kitchen, plenty of seating, gulf views. There were 7 of us (6 adults and one baby) in a two bedroom unit. It was tight, but it can be done ! Balcony views are beautiful - the condo has at least two gulf view balconies. Two pools, cabanas, steps from the beach. Employees are helpful and friendly. Excellent Vacation !

Room Tip: Small property, book early, gulf front or gulf side views. 2 and 3 bedroom units.
1  Thank Andy2323
Reviewed 30 August 2011

The Crystal Shores was a very nice place to stay, though built rather oddly. From the parking lot, you walk to a building; now you're under a covered walkway. But to get to the elevators, you have to go back out into the open, across the pool area, and into the breezeway. Really a nuisance when you're loading and unloading... and a royal pain when it's raining. We arrived right at 4:00 which is check-in time. Our unit was not available until 4:30, so we had to cool our heels. Good thing we hadn't stopped at the grocery store for our perishables on the way in! Once we got into the unit, it was very nice; well kept up... the outside furniture on our balcony was the nicest I've ever seen at a resort timeshare. The master shower was amazing... but there was no jacuzzi tub, which was a surprise. The walkway to the beach is very nice, and a really cool thing: when you rent the beach chairs & umbrella from the vendor on the beach, you can charge them to your room, so you don't have to take cash to the beach.

Reviewed 26 August 2011

Our family of 12 grandparents & parents & children all split two -2 room suites.
Which truth be told is the size of a comfortable condo in most big cities.

Positives:
1) Rooms were modern & tasteful decor
2) 2 pools were at most kid depth & better suited to wading for adults
3) Plenty of chairs for everyone
4) Cabanas were great for family
5) Beach easily accessible
6) Staff is super nice
7) Fully stocked kitchen (except food of course)
8) Wifi works everywhere (except beach of course)

Negatives:
1) Charge for everything like beach chairs & umbrella
2) Cabanas are expensive
3) Collier road is full of lights
4) Pillows are too soft (neck gets kinked up in AM)

Summary:

Great time & going in we knew about the extra charges. We ate mostly off campus since there are a bunch of good restaurants around.
Going to Naples was fa 45 min trip since Collier is full of lights & the freeways in SW FL are a ways from where you usually are located.
But overall, I would recommend this place for the great rooms, family pools, cabanas, big kitchen, local restaurants & friendly staff.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2011

As frequent visitors to Marco Island we had always wanted to stay at Crystal Shores but for some reason or the other we never did. This time around we made our reservation and were very excited to finally stay at this hotel. We decided to arrive around 1 PM in order to enjoy the beach and have lunch at the resort. Much to our surprise the room wasn’t ready at 1 PM. The front desk clerk very “matter-of-factly” informed us that the room wasn’t ready and that check in was at 4 PM, he also informed us that if we “got lucky” we might be able to check in earlier than 4 PM. We truly felt we weren’t going to have to wait for more than an hour so we decided to just wait by the pool. We laid down on the poolside recliners and tried to close our eyes for a bit. We immediately started to hear the “click-clanking” of the luggage carts. At first I just though an uncouth guest was taking a short cut to the hotel and decided to take his luggage through the pool area…but much to my dismay I soon realized that the pool deck was the way to the guest rooms. I spent the next three hours being disturbed by countless luggage carts making a racket. So finally 4 PM arrived and we walk over to the front desk building (the front desk is in a modular building a.k.a trailer with some cement stucco plastered to the exterior walls) eagerly expecting our room. When we arrived at the front desk we were one of three families waiting for the four o’clock check in hour. The front desk attendant, walks to the office behind the front desk and informs a guy (who I assume was a manager) that these guests wanted to know if the rooms were ready and the manager responds…”oh my God I cant believe the day has flown by…its already 4” He gets on the radio and starts asking the housekeeping department if the rooms are ready and the response over the radio was a very loud “NO”. The manager walks up to the front desk and informs us as a group that it shouldn’t be much longer. (keep in mind we are in no way related or even know the other families) I wont bore you with any further details but 4:30 PM comes and goes. At 4:45 I AGAIN checked to see if the room was ready. Unbelievably the room was not even ready at 4:45 PM!!! (the two other families were still waiting as well). The purpose of my three-day getaway was to rest and relax and trying to check into Crystal Shores was very stressful. Crystal Shores is an aesthetically pleasing facility with a vapid front desk staff. I do not recommend Crystal Shores. (* After I got home I called Marriott Corporate to complain and I was informed that check in at Crystal Shores is at 4 PM and that check out is at 10 AM. It seems that my check-in was “technically” only delayed by 45 minutes. Marriott offered to send me a voucher for a free night in any Marriott hotel. I thanked the agent for her offer but refused the voucher. My call was simply informative in nature not a request for a handout. As a small business owner I travel extensively and when possible I stay at Marriott, I have to assume the problems I encountered at Crystal Shores was an exception rather than the norm. I continue to be a fan of the Marriott brand and I hope this management “issue” at Crystal Shores is handled accordingly.)

5  Thank AlexRosell
Reviewed 21 August 2011

As a Marriott Vacation Club owner this is not what I expected.
The room is excellent!!!
The facility is poorly designed and has limited features compaired to other Vacation Clubs.
Go to West Palm Beach!!!