“Great View, good eats!”

CJ's on the Bay
Ranked #20 of 121 Restaurants in Marco Island
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: CJ's on the Bay is the gem everyone is talking about on Marco Island. Featuring spectacular waterfront dinning overlooking beautiful Smokehouse Bay, CJ's is an ideal spot to relax and enjoy the ambiance of beautiful Southwest Florida.
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Terrific view of bay while enjoying some good eats. Nice adjacent bar has a great happy hour scene too.
Don't miss this spot in Marco to get a feel of waterside dining with friendly service.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,740)

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I found this place by accident and came back three nights in a row. that could mean that i have little imagination or it could be that i really wanted to be here. I think it could be both. I did not venture into the restaurant proper where the restrooms are located so I could not tell you anything about its decor or service. I relegated my time strictly to the outside area at the tables by the outside circular bar. I took a seat at a table overlooking the boats and the bay for two nights watching the sun fade away drinking a bottle of white. the third night, there was live music and i sat closer to the entertainment with another bottle of white listening to the musicians cover of the eagles, jummy buffett and others.

my server on two of the nights was steve miller and he couldn't have my experience better. he was friendly, knowledgeable and attentive. on my first night there, he suggested i try the philly cheesesteak, saying it was phenomenal. Sure, i drive to philly regularly, so i know my cheesesteaks. he brought me out a platter with the steak smothered in yellow american (really?) and I thought, "how bad could this really be? i've already had 3/4 of the bottle of white. I won't even remember this abomination by sunlight." Well, it was one of the best cheesesteaks, i have ever had and i ordered it on successive nights. this wasn't the alcohol talking either, i spent the next day on the beach just counting the hours until i could sink my teeth into another cheesesteak sandwich.

the views from the bar and bar tables as the sun set was magical, purely the stuff seen in movies. the place, at least outdoors, was low key. no rush and i just wish i could put the vibe of cj's in a pill and pop one whenever I am overstressed at work.

I do have one complaint. they use a marble wine cooler to keep the wine cool and it really doesn't do the job. they would be better served with an ice bucket or a plastic ice bag. florida does get hot sometimes in the summer and a dry marble bucket that is cooled in a freezer gets warm pretty quick as does the bottle it is intended to keep cold.

otherwise, i am now counting the days until i can go back to marco island and chill at my new favorite florida haunt, cj's. a word to management, don't lose steve, he's a blast.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We had a great dinner overlooking the bay at sunset. Stayed afterwards for the band and danced for a while! Great restaurant!

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

What a marvelous place right on the water. The cocktails are fun and refreshing. The food was spectacular! I had the lionfish which was so tender I didn't even need any of their homemade tarter sauce. My mother had a fabulous veggie wrap where she added avocado. Everything was fresh and beautifully presented. Oh and oh and oh I can't forget to talk about Marco our server! He truly was amazing! So attentive and friendly he even offered to take mine and my mother's picture. I work in the food industry myself and there is nothing more irritating then stopping what you are doing to take a picture. He actually offered for us to get up and go by the water!! Marco went above and beyond in his job. He was funny, friendly, and gave remarkable service! Thank you!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We really enjoyed our lunch at CJ's. The weather was a bit overcast but we sat outside, anyway. They had a separate menu for the top eight food allergen that let you know which menu items were safe. This was such a great touch and we really appreciated it. For an appetizer, we tried the unique fried lobster fingers and they were good. I ordered the salmon wrapped in spinach in a pastry and it was delicious. We also had a fish sandwich which was good. Our service was excellent! Once it started pouring rain we were moved inside and the great service continued. The entire staff was very friendly and we would most definitely eat here again!