“Best Mexican Food on the Island”
Review of Margarita's

Margarita's
Ranked #67 of 125 Restaurants in Marco Island
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Great food, great service. So much food, I couldn't even finish. The margaritas were fantastic.....easily the best Mexican food on the island.

1  Thank Deain M

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Love Margarita's! Food is always fresh & they do not use lard in their cooking. Great for those who eat vegetarian. I've been there many times and have not had a meal I didn't like.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

My wife and I ate here during a vacation on Marco Island. The place came highly recommended from the front desk staff at the Marco Island Hilton. Simply put, the food was generally good, and the service was poor. But that's usually the case in "family owned" Mexican places like this. Service was slow to take drink orders, slow to bring drinks, slow with the chips/salsa, slow to bring food, slow to bring the check, etc. We've eaten Mexican all over the country (and out of the country, too) and this seems to be the recurring theme.

The place seemed to be clean, had the usual Mexican knick knacks on the walls, and the usual Mexican music playing in the background. Nothing special here.

Doubt we'll spend our money here in the future.

1  Thank KSUBaker
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I usually stick to the positively reviewed places, but I was in the mood for Mexican, so I took a chance. I struck out. Service was poor, although the waitress was extremely nice. We sat for almost ten minutes without anyone coming to the table and they weren't busy. I think they were understaffed. The food took an unreasonably long time to come out. The waitress apologized profusely. She was very nice, as I think she knew it was a horribly long wait. The food was middle of the road. Not bad, but not great. Had it been great, I'd forgive the service. Prices were higher than I'd like, but on par for Marco. I gave them two stars for poor service and mediocre food. I'd recommend you avoid it.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

The food was good but slow service. The place was practically empty which worried me a bit. We had a satisfactory meal but nothing to write home about.