“Great Experience”

Capt. Ron's Awesome Everglades Adventures
Ranked #2 of 86 Tours in Marco Island
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Capt Ron's does only one thing, Waverunner Adventures. Our reviews speak for themselves. After managing Marco Island's largest Watersports company for 23yrs and dealing with hotel guests from the Marriott, Hilton, Marco Beach Ocean Resort, and Marriott Crystal Shores for nearly 30yrs, we believe we know the "secret" to meeting and keeping new customers. NO "nickle & dime", NO hidden or extra fees, everything is INCLUDED. Our philosophy is simple; ALWAYS do the right thing, and stick to ONE thing and do it WELL! We'll treat you like family & friends and always have a 100% money back guarantee if you are not satisfied for ANY reason. Try us out and see why SO MANY are SKIPPING the Waverunner tours offered at exclusive beachfront hotels for Capt Ron's Awesome Everglades Adventures!
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Wow, that was fun! Avi (pronounced "Ah-Vee") is a courteous, friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and safety conscious guide that gave us a great tour. He knew the areas where the dolphins hung out and really got us close to them. He knew a lot about their habits and what they happened to be doing at the time. Avi also knows a lot about the Everglades in general and shares very interesting information throughout the tour. We saw and learned about the birds we saw, including the beautiful Spoonbill. It was low tide, so he had us stop at a secluded beach so we could go shelling. Even on the beach, Avi pointed out several things that we may not have noticed, like a sea sponge, sea "olives" and a clam bed where they were "pooping" sand into little piles. Even though he's been doing these tours for years, he seemed to be genuinely happy to show us stuff.

While we stopped here and there to observe the dolphins, there were several times where we were going full blast from one place to the next, so if you're nervous about speed, you may want to consider that. Our wave runner maxed out at 43 mph, which seems pretty fast on the water. Since I don't ride them very often, it took me a little while to get comfortable, but I was loving it once I got a feel for it. My wife and I shared a wave runner but the two other couples each had their own. They are large so two can easily fit, and my wife was happy to just hold on and enjoy the view.

Perhaps one of the coolest things is that Avi gave us a CD of all the pics he took during the tour. He really made an effort to get good shots of us with the dolphins. While he was burning the CDs in his pickup, he had us gather around so he could show us some of the best shots and even shared some photo editing tips to make them look even better.

Hey Avi, we'll be back in early January so our 19 & 21 year old kids can enjoy your tour, too!

6  Thank Tom R
There are newer reviews for Capt. Ron's Awesome Everglades Adventures

Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

While in Marco Island my husband looked this place up because of the outstanding reviews. I love dolphins so we decided to do the 3 hr tour our last full day there. We called to RSVP and they were full but after hearing it was our last day in Marco Island they fit us in a spot for the tour which I was so grateful for. They send you an email conformation which said to meet at the place promptly at 9am...which we were a bit confused about because the tour didnt start until 11am. But got up and were there by 9am. By 915am we decided to call them because nobody had showed up yet. Come to find out the 9am was a typo and we didnt need to be there until 11am. Because of the mix-up they gave us the whole tour free!! Talk about amazing costumer service!! We never even asked for that.
The tour was amazing!!! Avi, the tour guide is the funnest, most knowlegeable guide ive ever encountered. He made the tour so much fun! We saw so many dolphins! Got amazing pictures!! Learned so much about dolphins from Avi! Went out on a sand dune in the middle of the ocean and found beautiful shells and sand dollars!! The best part of vacation by far!! Will definetly go again!!!

4  Thank angiezehr
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Great trip out last weekend with Avi. Saw a bunch of dolphins and a few manatee. My wife and I rode tandem. We are in our mid 30's. I would go again for sure. Would probably bring a hat next time. It gets hot out there and there is zero shade, obviously.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

I let my Nervous Nellie wife navigate the Wave Runner, and after her typical 8 questions during the orientation session, it took only the next 30 minutes before she was screaming, "I feel the need.......for speed" (my cue to hold on). We had several manatee and many dolphin sightings, and several dolphins would join us for parts of the journey. In addition to our own pictures, our guide (Avi) took many sensational photos of his own and shared them with all of us on a DVD at the end of the trip. Avi's ecological, historical, navigational, and general knowledge was impressive! Our 20-minute stop and tour of one of the 1,000 islands not inhabited by humans was extremely informative, fun, and a welcome respite. If we return to the area, we want to do several other activities, but we will do Captain Ron's Wave Runner tour every time.

4  Thank Kurt S
Reviewed 4 November 2013

My wife and I had an absolute blast. Avi is very knowledgable and hospitable. He made sure we had an excellent experience. Within the first 10 minutes of the tour we were riding with Dolphins! They were very playful and we got some exceptional pictures. The ride through the Islands is just magical!! I will absolutely do this trip again!!
We told another couple that was staying at our resort about the trip and when they got back they found us to thank us for talking them into going. Just Awesome!!!

4  Thank JChap493