“Worth every penny, great guide too”

Off the Hook Adventures
Ranked #15 of 87 Tours in Marco Island
More attraction details
Owner description: Off The Hook Adventures offers Marco Island and Naples area private sailing, shelling, and sightseeing boat tours. Our sailing catamarans are custom designed for the shallow calm waters around Marco Island. Enjoy a narrated tour by a licensed captain. Stop on uninhabited islands for sea shells and look for dolphin, manatee and wildlife. Enjoy free refreshments and complimentary shell bags.
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This was our second trip out in Corey's catamaran, and we couldn't have been more pleased. We did the short excursion a couple of years ago, and we were so impressed then that we booked a private 1/2 day excursion this time. Corey is a great tour guide and kept all of us interested (including my 10 year old). We saw dolpihins, a bull shark, manatees, pelicans, and other birds, as well as the dome house on Cape Romano. In addition, Corey had lots of facts and tidbits about the islands. We stopped at quite a few islands and had a lot of fun shelling. He provided drinks and some snacks, and it was just a perfect day on the water sailing and exploring around Marco Island. There is a reason this excursion is rated so highly!! You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank SunandSand_St_Louis

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Great trip....kids loved the catamaran. Corey is awesome and very accommodating. Saw some matinees, dolphins, pelicans. Also did some great shelling and found numerous sand dollars. Probably the best thing about the trip was how Corey genuinely cares about nature. While on our trip, while we were docking, he saw a pelican with a hook embedded in its leg with a long stringer hanging from it. He had seen the bird before and was set on rescuing it. With the help of two others who took the trip with us, he convinced the bird to get close to him, grabbed him, and took the hook out and set the bird free. One of the best things is this is not full of people, the max on his catamaran is six people.

1  Thank wheninrome4
Reviewed 25 May 2014

My fiancé and I booked a catamaran cruise with Captain Cory for our honeymoon. All we really wanted was to sail around the beautiful islands and see some wildlife and that is exactly what we got! We saw tons of dolphins (which swam right under the boat!) and a whole pod of manatees we got really close to as well. We always went to two different islands where we were able to collect sand dollars and the most beautiful conks. We then set sail for the ocean where we spotted two sea turtles! I am a huge fan of sea turtles so this made my day! I would definitely recommend taking a sail with Captain Cory, it was the highlight of our trip! I wouldn't change a thing!

1  Thank Whitney H
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We had a wonderful time aboard the catamaran with Captain Corey. He was a cool, laid-back, accommodating captain with a plethora of local knowledge. He was incredibly well equipped offering us snacks and beverages along the way as well as shelling bags to store our found treasures. With him at the helm we were able to catch tons of great snaps of herds of manatees, pods of dolphins, and his two pelican buddies Stitch and Pedra. We also spotted several sea turtles and a bunch of other local wildlife. Definitely worth the money, an incredibly fun and unique experience.

1  Thank NickZivs
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We had a wonderful adventure today with Captain Corey! My husband, 2 sons (ages 3 and almost 6) and I were thrilled at the chance to see manatees, dolphins, pelicans, and bald eagles. We even caught a glimpse of a sting ray and possible shark. Just riding the sailboat alone was a treat with the beautiful ocean and weather and relaxed atmosphere. The shelling was also excellent. We were able to book last-minute and it's so easy to do online (major plus). I love that Corey was so laid back and flexible, yet professional (he texts with updates on the time); and my boys were so comfortable with him (chatting up a storm). Nothing felt rushed or commercial or like they were cranking out customers. I appreciated the ease/truth of the website, Corey's knowledge of the animal life and shells, and a true family fun adventure. I would highly recommend this trip, even with young kids. Very much worth it! Thanks, Captain Corey...we had a blast!