“SST3-1901 - South Seas Tower - An Enjoyable...”
View Kitchen
Pool
Boardwalk to Beach
Walk to Beach
Building
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Denny W
Strongsville, Ohio
“SST3-1901 - South Seas Tower - An Enjoyable 2-Weeks”
Reviewed 21 February 2014 for a stay in February 2014

Thanks to the outstanding customer service of both Marco Island Rental Properties, Inc. (MIRP) and Century 21, First Southern Trust, my wife and I had a wonderful 2-week stay at South Seas Tower, Building, 3, Suite 1901 on Marco Island, Florida.

In mid-January, we booked another apartment in this building from Marco Island Rental Properties. A week before our planned arrival, the apartment was flooded-out by the apartment above. Maria Schilke of MIRP told me she would do her best to get us booked into a comparable apartment overlooking the Gulf of Mexico for the exact dates we planned. She sought the help of Pat Radlovacki of Century 21. Although the owner of Suite 1901 was out-of-town, Pat and her manager tracked the owner down and secured the apartment for us.

The apartment was very clean and all the amenities we expected were in place and working properly. The furniture was a little worn, but very comfortable. The view of the Gulf and a beautiful lagoon (with its own beach) was stellar. We had the choice of walking the lagoon's beach or the Gulf's beach (which was an 8-minute walk from our building).

Over the past 30-years, we have stayed at a number of other Marco Island condos overlooking the Gulf. Suite 1901 was one of the better apartments we have rented for 2-weeks. Every time we return, we find new things to do and new places to dine. Over 90% of the days had high temperatures of 75 to 85 degrees and the rain occurred at night.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view of the Gulf, the balcony, the pool, and the convenient covered parking garage
Liked least: Some of the furniture needed refinishing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Sergio S
Kleinburg, Canada
“Save your money!”
Reviewed 30 March 2013 for a stay in February 2013
person found this review helpful

First off, I do want to say that the condo building was in great shape, the pool area was well maintained, the grounds were beautifully kept and the beach is one of the nicest I have ever seen. That being said, this particular unit in the building was absolutely disgusting. In fact, we had booked the room for 11 nights but ended up leaving after 5 and fortunately had a friend we could stay with in Naples.

As soon as we walked into the unit we thought something was amiss. It was old, dated and filthy. The sheets had stains on them and my wife and I spent the first night at a Walmart's buying new sheets, pillows towels and cleaning supplies. The sink looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years and the dishes were put away dirty. We ended up using one dish each and washing it by hand after each use. The bathroom was filthy and although there are two in the unit, neither was fit enough to use.

We met another occupant in the building who took us through her unit and it was immaculate, so I know the shape of this unit is not a reflection on any others in the building. Century 21 should be ashamed to be the people responsible for renting this unit. They should decline to do so as it gives them a bad name.

The bottom line is if this is the only unit left in Florida, go to California. I would never stay here again and would never use Century 21 for fear that they could put me in a similar type of unit. By the way, it wasnt cheap. I paid almost $4,000 for this garbage.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: When I left.
Liked least: The condo.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
30 Mar 2013
Sorry for the problems you experienced. You booked from the website and I assumed you reviewed many condos. The owner uses his condo all the time and we do not rent it often. I will let the owner I will also recommend that he upgrades TV's and linens. We have also removed it from the web for availablity until brought up to our standard. We have had 2 other guest over the holiday rent and enjoyed their stay.

Travellers are raving about these Marco Island hotels

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing