“Very restful”
other travellers have booked this property
Living Room Living Room
Egret on the Boat Dock
Dolphin in the Marco River
Marco Island Aerial View
Entrance door
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

CincyTC1
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Disappointing vacation experience!”
Reviewed 23 April 2018 for a stay in March 2018

First off I held off writing this review because I thought with some time my review might be a little more positive. Guess I was wrong.
To start when I called the owner on March 1st to say I would be arriving in several hours about 7:00 p.m. he seemed to be caught off guard and asked me to give him a little time to get the home clean. Not what I wanted to hear since he had been paid in full.
Upon arriving I found a generally unclean home- I spent several hours of my own time cleaning the home and being upset the entire time.
Rudolf came over the next morning to tell me that the garbage disposal wasn’t working but that he would take care if it. Never happened.
So a little about the house. In general the house is surrounded by larger nicer homes including Rudolf’ss home two doors away which isn’t necessarily an issue if it

If it weren’t for the condition of the home and furnishings. I view the home as a tear down because it seems to me that Rudolf is collecting monies without putting any love back into the house. Examples would be that for the kitchen to have old outdoor lawn furniture as the basis for his kitchen table and chairs is ridiculous. Add to the fact that the pots and pans were old and not of high quaility. The toaster oven was filthy, dated and the care just wasn’t what I would have expected having paid over $6,000.00 for our stay.

The furnishings in the main bedroom were not of quality as they were very dated. The bed, bed sheets, and pillows were obviously used for years and just wasn’t of a quality that one would expect. There was dirt all over and especially under the bed was just disgusting and very disappointing as there had been no attempt to clean the home upon arrival or if it was cleaned they need to fire their cleaning crew. I suspect they would have to fire themselves.

The house has potential and if were properly maintained and cared for it would have been a passable experience.

While there on my first Sunday a worker came to make some structural repairs to some corrosion affected would beams on the exterior of the house. I noted in October when I stopped in to view the house after the hurricane to make sure the house was still standing that these same beams were in disrepair at that time. So when the worker left that Sunday he left the damaged beams and saw dust in the front of the house so we had to help clean up so we didn’t track sawdust into the house ourselves.

Keep in mind that after the hurricane I reached out to Rudolf several times to make sure the hurricane hadn’t negatively affected our stay but was told by Rudolf that everything was fine. Not so because numerous times during my stay I would be awakened early in the morning by roofing crews in the neighborhood tearing off tile roofs including Rudolf’s own roof. By the way the crews would throw away the tiles off the roof into dumpsters which is a very loud process.

By the way, several times Rudolf asked me how my stay was going and I felt it best not to confront him about mfeelings in part because I felt that Rudolf really only cared about receiving my cash as his lack of actions showed me he was really only concerned about the money.

My suggestion would be for Rudolf to either sell the home to a developer and let them raze the home and build a new home or make a commitment to fix up this rental by making an investment to go over the home from top to bottom and get rid of the cheap dated cabinets, furnishings and most of all hire a professional cleaning service to properly clean the home as it’s not clean.

I finally had enough and left about 4-5 days early as staying there in my opinion wasn’t really what I call a good experience and left me mad at myself for buying into an obvious poor decision on my part. A decision I regret but won’t make again.

Upon closing as I exited the garage for the last time I ended up picking up a fastener from either in the garage or just outside and had to have a tire patched. Not surprised as the work crew ended up storing all their tools in the garage when they were there as one deteriorated wood beam was in front of the garage so I’m sure the fastener which I have and was found was no doubt from their non job site cleaning techniques.

I realize this is a very negative review and will impact others on whether they decide to rent this property. Maybe this will have a positive outcome and the owners will look in the mirror and make the necessary changes.

It’s unfortunate that I didn’t stay at say a Hampton Inn, one that offers a 100% money back guarantee because I’m pretty sure my funds won’t be coming back to me anytime soon. Oh well, at least Rudolph and his wife have enough of my money to buy some gas for their large boat in back of their house.

Future renters, buyer beware!

I would also like to say that I have rented homes all over Europe for the last twenty plus years and have always been happy and left many good reviews for those owners so leaving a poor review like this one doesn’t make me
happy. Quite the contrary, it’s sad really.

25 Apr 2018
My wife and I are totally flabbergasted at this review.
In my several conversations with the renters, to see if everything was ok, they were satisfied, even as seeing the repairman doing his work for only two days on the outside of the house. Also we can't control construction(roof repair) noises in our area. Incidentally the renter told us that they needed to leave earlier for business reason back home.
I can only refer future guests to many reviews by prior guests who had nothing but positive experiences in our house.
Rudi & Dorothy Landwaard
Simsbury, Connecticut
Reviewed 1 March 2018 for a stay in February 2018

5 Mar 2018
We strive to provide our guests a clean and properly maintained vacation home.
wayneag20...
“Great Location, Great Value”
Reviewed 4 February 2018 for a stay in January 2018

This house is located just a couple of blocks from theTiger Tail Beach entrance. Once there it is just a short walk to a beach on the lagoon. A further 10 minute walk gets you to the Gulf. The walk to the Gulf is on hard packed sand, so it is not difficult. There are beach chairs in the garage for your use. We had everything we needed for our 4 week stay and the house was perfect for our family. The pool area is screened in and is large enough for 2 different eating areas, one shaded and one in the open. We had some cooler days during our stay, but could still eat outside because of the table in the open. The pool is large enough to enjoy without feeling cramped. The location is fantastic. It is on the island waterway, so you have a water view pland it is in the middle of Marco, so you can get anywhere without having to go ffrom one end of the island to the other. You are less than 5 minutes from all the restaurants listed on Trip Adviser. Also, going to Naples is shorter than if you stay all the way at the other end. It is in an area of well maintained more expensive houses, and the price of the rental is a great value. I would recommend this house very highly.

5 Feb 2018
"We very much appreciate this feedback, thank you very much..
Endeimgel...
Willich, Germany
“Recommendation!”
Reviewed 10 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017

House is located nicely in walking distance to the Beach, so no parking is needed to be paid at the Beach which saves you 8 Dollars per day.. nevertheless it should be said that the way from House or parking place at Tigertail to the beach is quite long. There are two options..one is to walk via a small lake and get bitten by lots of Moskitos or you walk around the lake and walk around 20 mins with no wind and shade till you reach the beach. At 90 + degrees this can be an exhausting walk...
It's definitely recommended to bring some good umbrella or anything else that provides shade to the beach, there is no shade at all...The beach itself is absolutely fabulous and worth the walk.

House was in good shape even though it looked a bit outdated compared to the other houses in the neighborhood. The BBQ has seen better times but it is working which is the most important thing. The Moskito nets around the pool should be fixed as it was fixed with tape partially and got lose during a storm. Everything else was in good shape and we felt home there. Beach stuff like umbrella towels etc all there...Airco works great.
Pool was as well very nice.
The house even has a small safe which is quite handy.
The kitchen was ok had a nice big fridge and oven that were recently renewed. Cabinets itself were a bit older but still ok. All tools and utensils were there.
Everything was clean!
All in all we would come again!

Definitely a recommendation as the area as well as the location is very nice.

17 Aug 2017
We appreciate this feedback, we are continuously maintain and update our rental house. During the summer months we suggest that our guests us insect repellent.
bassfishe...
Kent
“Lovely property, ideally located for the beautiful Tigertail beach.”
Reviewed 2 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016

The owners, Rudi and Dorothy, made us v welcome and provided lots of useful information prior to our trip and helped make the booking particularly easy. The property is deceptively spacious and benefits from a wide rear terrace, lovely pool and probably best waterway views all netted in to stop the bugs from being a nuisance. The bbq was a real benefit, the best meals we had were probably home cooked prime rib steak, local bought seafood and salads. Restaurants all had v similar menus but in particular the Snook INN on a Friday night was worth a visit, the Capri on Isles of Capri had best grouper whilst Stans on a Sunday afternoon is a must. The property is situated at best part of Marco, only a few minutes walk to beach and 5 minutes drive to shops, also convenient to visit Sanibel and the outlets. A really lovely place, we fully intend to stay again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: conveniance for beach and lovely rear terrace
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
People with disabilities Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
3 Jun 2016
We strive to make our villa comfortable so that our guests have a super holiday.
Robert A
Preston, United Kingdom
“A Home away from Home”
Reviewed 4 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015
person found this review helpful

This was our first visit to Marco Island and won't be our last. It has a delightful, well-manicured appearance and has all the facilities that a discerning vacationer might require.

At first sight this lovely home appears dwarfed by the adjacent properties, but inside it is deceptively spacious with a large comfortable living area. The master bedroom has a walk-in closet and en-suite bathroom, and there is a further bathroom next to the second bedroom. There is a separate laundry room and a fully equipped kitchen. The house is tastefully furnished and is immaculately clean.

Outside is the large lanai and swimming pool with excellent views across the dock and canal. There is some interesting bird life to be seen, with both ospreys and bald eagles nesting close by. The house is just a short walk to Tigertail Beach and the nearest shopping facilities are about a mile away. The whole area has an air of tranquillity about it.

The owners, Rudolph and Dorothy, live just two doors away, so there is the comfort of knowing that if anything requires attention it will be dealt with speedily. They are a lovely couple!

We have no hesitation in recommending this house to prospective guests.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 65+
7 Jan 2016
"Thank you for this fantastic review, our motto is to please the guests and provide a beautiful, fully equipped house."
Paulus090...
“Superbly maintained, beautifully appointed villa”
Reviewed 28 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

This is our second visit to Mr and Mrs Landwaard's lovely villa and it was every bit as enjoyable as our first visit in 2013. The villa is wonderfully peaceful yet is in easy walking distance from Tigertail Beach and is equipped with everything we could possibly need. We had a really relaxing two weeks and can't wait for our next visit.

NB: a car is essential.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The pool and lanai area for relaxation
Liked least: Having to leave at the end of our holiday
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing