“THE BEST bagel you'll ever have, period.”

Empire Bagel Factory
Ranked #27 of 119 Restaurants in Marco Island
Price range: US$1 - US$9
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Delicatessen
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Marco Island, Florida
“THE BEST bagel you'll ever have, period.”
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

Been coming here for over 15 years; bar none the most wonderful bagels I've ever eaten. I usually tear into them in the car before I'm even home. Soft, great texture, with glossy exteriors. Over a dozen types to choose from, plus great to-go homemade cream cheese. My fav is the lox cream cheese. Owners are efficient and friendly, but no nonsense. Best breakfast on the island without a doubt. Quick so you get to the beach early instead of whiling your morning away in a fussy restaurant. Best $1 you'll spend on Marco.

• Visited April 2014

New Jersey
“service is slow but bagel is good”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

There was not many in the establishment when I arrived and the menu is small, what you would expect from a bagel place - different cream cheeses, eggs, ham, etc. I ordered ham, egg, cheese on a spinach bagel - $5. The eggs are scrambled and fluffed with milk and the spinach bagel nicely toasted. I believe they added butter, but I'm not certain so if you're watching make sure to ask. It was delicious however. I would order here again. They have a couple of indoor and outdoor seats, not a large place but sufficient. It's right next door to Nene's and Doreen's Cup of Joe so if either place are crowded and you're looking for a quick breakfast, you can stop by here which is what I ended up doing since Doreen's had a 35 minute wait.

I'll post a bagel picture when I can so you can see for yourself. Good bagel but slow service.

• Visited March 2014
“A must”
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Every time here I stop for a dozen and grab a bagel egg sandwich the first morning in town!! Great place and great bagels!!

Marco Island, Florida
“Poppy seed bagel is triumphant”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I love the poppy seed bagels at the Empire bagel factory. They are so generously applied. The scallion cream cheese is always fresh. We eat their bagels at least twice a week. The bagels are not boiled, old style NYC. However they are made right at the shop early in the morning. I guess they use the steam method.

Visited March 2014
Yarmouth, Maine
“we love the cinnamon & sugar bagels”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

The cinnamon sugar bagels are to die for and the kids wanted them every day we were on Marco. Even brought some home in ziplock bags to toast with butter and remind us of vacation.

• Visited March 2014