“Loved it! right on the beach!”

Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Marco Island
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Family of four stayed here end of March. It's right on the lovely beach and beach chairs are complimentary! Unbrellas are a fee however. They allowed us to check in a bit early. There is a fridge in the room and a coffee maker. The room was pretty big- two beds and pull out sofa. We had a view of the tennis courts which was fine. There are a couple of restaurants in the hotel- we ate across the street in a shopping area (Irish pub). We rented a tennis court- they will rent you a racquet and ball$ as well as the court. They charge for internet, but it s free in the lobby and most of the first floor. Publix grocery store down the road to stock up on cold drinks and snacks! Pool was nice, but drives me crazy when people put a towel on the chair to save it for the entire day. Other resorts have security remove towels from unattended chairs but didn't see that happening here. Special pool/beach towels are issued. Very nice classy place.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank roadtripper10
Write a ReviewReviews (3,058)

Reviewed 17 April 2012

I booked through one of the discount sites online, and was completely disappointed when I realized what I specifically asked for, I did not get. Once I arrived at the hotel and was given my room, I explained to the hotel clerk I had asked for a gulf view room, as this was my 1st anniversary, and my husband had proposed to me on their beach two years earlier. The clerk was wonderful, and upgraded my room to the 10th floor, and did not charge me for the upgrade. She apologized profusely, even though they had nothing to do with the online site making the mistake. She even sent a bottle of wine to our room.
The room was amazing and large. Two bathrooms with two balconies.
My husband and I love this hotel, and will continue to stay here whenever we visit Marco Island. The beach is beautiful, and the staff and very friendly and accomodating to your needs.
Thank you for everything.

Room Tip: Almost all of the rooms have a view of the gulf, because of the way the hotel is situated.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle G
Reviewed 16 April 2012

This hotel was wonderful for our group! During the Easter Holiday, we were able to get chairs and an umbrella at the beach, which is not always the case at the busy season. We had two connecting rooms with great space and a wonderful view. I thought the rates were fair and we were still able to get rooms with points during high season. We had dinner at the hotel several nights and saved a lot using the coupons that you get at check in. We are Diamond preferred members and we used the breakfast coupons to have a delicious breakfast everyday (we ordered off the menu and they took the coupons to pay for it). The hotel is undergoing renovations later this year and I think that should take care of some of the comments about the decor being tired. We are also hoping that a laundry room is added.

Room Tip: Loved the view from room 810 (one-bedroom oceanfront suite) and our connecting room 811 (jr suite gu...
1  Thank u4kids
Reviewed 15 April 2012

We stayed for 2 days - just a quick trip from Miami where we live. We know several resorts on the west coast of Florida, but decided to try out the HIlton. Turned out to be a great choice.

The room was large, clean, airy and very nice for the 4 of us. There are 170 rooms on that side of the hotel, all of which have a view of the ocean and pool area. We loved the easy beach access, and chairs and umbrellas that were set up for us. My kids also loved the pool. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and we thought it was a great place to relax and unwind. There are tons of things to rent on the beach, and you can take a dolphin watch/shelling expedition from a boat that comes right up to the Hilton beach to pick you up. My only criticism would be the pool side lunch was almost $80 plus tip for 4 (which did include 5 $10 drinks), but part of the price was convenience and we certainly could have gone right across the street to several other places for lunch.

All in all, highly recommend this resort, and we will be back here the next time we come to Marco Island.

2  Thank Tony053
Reviewed 14 April 2012

You want Sun, Beach, and Pool? You want good service? This is a place to go to. It is not the snazziest on the island nor the largest. This place has great beach service a'la umbrellas, chairs, and watersports. The beach and grounds are very well kept. Parking is shaded by beautiful trees! Yes they shed leaves but your car is never scalding hot. Places to eat are right across the street. Rooms are clean but dated. But who cares, the beach is why we all go to this place. The calm Gulf Coast gives us nice shells, blue water, wildlife, and a beautiful sunset worth hiring a photographer for (yes, people do). If you slow down and look, you'll find fish swimming everywhere. All this right on the beach. By the way. the staff is always courteous and are appreciative that you are there.

Room Tip: Get a room above the 2nd floor. Even the 3rd floor "Garden View" has a view.
1  Thank texasaero
Reviewed 14 April 2012

On entering the premises we felt welcome and this feeling went on through our admittedly short one night stay. Check in was very fast and we were sent to our room (we were upgraded to a pool/ocean view room and an upgrade simply is a good start at a hotel).
The three elevators were busy, since the hotel was full. Indeed, as a reviewer noted, a lot of families with young children.
Our room was a bit dated but well maintained. I liked it as it was. The future room design is shown downstairs and I wonder how it will look like when renovations are done (by December 2012 they say).
Walking on the beach was a pleasure, checking out the mall on the opposite side of the street not very interesting (but its existence is a bonus, since it offers restaurant choices).
We decided to try the Sandlewood restaurant in the hotel for dinner. It has a little strange lay out (and it is a bit too dark). The happy hour folks from the neighbouring (elevated) Sandlewood bar gave us a bit too much noise in the beginning. The food was good for one exception: there came a shrimp as part of the menue which was not fresh and seemingly over the edge. My friend tried a small piece and had it then returned to the kitchen. They apologised and offered him a free desert. Well, that piece of shrimp caused gastrointestinal inconveniences that endured several days. Not too bad to make him unable to travel back on the next day but still bad enough. Beside telling the waiter the same evening I wrote an email to the management (which remained unanswered after three weeks, to my suprise).
Breakfast next morning was not too special in terms of choice. The restaurant seems rather small. Our waiter, however, was very nice and attentive.
Would I return? Yes. Beside that dinner "accident" I felt well cared for and comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Zurich
Reviewed 12 April 2012

The grounds are so beautiful and the beach is absolute paradise. I have never swum in such a warm sea and the tropical fish swimming around your feet are amazing and they're so colourful! Room was really nice and had a few of the beach. Would give anything to go back.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Moorings
Edgewater Beach Hotel
Edgewater Beach Hotel
#11 of 59 in Naples

Been to Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort? Share your experiences!