We returned to Marco Island after a gap of 16 years and we were amazed at the changes. Previously there had been a dearth of shops and good restaurants on the island and now the whole place has been transformed with beautifully landscaped roads, several good shopping malls and supermarkets, and a large number of good eating places.
We had previously stayed at the Marriott, which was huge, but on this occasion we chose the Hilton. The service at the hotel was really excellent with almost everyone smiling and being friendly even if only passing in the corridor. We had a 'gulfview junior suite' which was a nice room, but nothing particularly special as we had a side view of the gulf overlooking the spa and tennis courts. If we had expected a full sea view we would have been rather disappointed, but having read the Tripadvisor comments we knew what to expect.
The daily charge of $10 for the car park was a little annoying, and we could see no reason for paying any additional extra charge for valet parking, as the distance to the hotel was so little.
The pool area was adequate and never full during our stay, but there was little shade if the sun had been really hot (which it wasn't!). It is good that a resort such as this does not charge for beach loungers, but we thought the 'nominal charge' of $18 + Tax for the sun umbrellas on the beach was excessive. During our stay the weather became very unsettled (we actually had two very rainy days, which was almost unheard of at this time of year) and the beach was therefore not a viable option for sun bathing. The pool area was fine, when the sun was out, as this was also sheltered from the wind.
We had breakfast in the Paradise Cafe every day during our stay apart from one when we crossed the road to try Stonemills. This was a mistake as the service at Stonemills was almost non-existent, it took ages to get our meal despite there only being 6 people in the restaurant, and it cost just as much as the breakfast at the Hilton. The Hilton breakfast buffet was fine and there was a choice of either the full breakfast, or a continental, which suited us just fine. There were plenty of servers at breakfast and they were always friendly and attentive.
The Concierge at the hotel, Tina, was great and extremely helpful to us throughout our stay. She recommended several very good restauarants that we tried and all were good (especially DaVinci's). Plus she suggested that, in view of the mixed weather, we might like to try an airboat tour of the everglades with Speedy Johnson. This was really great fun and pretty good value for money. We did not see any alligators during the tour (it's quite noisy), but we did see a racoon and several ospreys. After the tour we drove a short distance to Turner Road and there were loads of alligators to see and photograph just at the side of the road - and all for free!
We certainly enjoyed our stay at the Hilton and would not hesitate to stay there again on any future visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This place is temporarily closed for guest room renovation and restoration. It plans to reopen in early 2018. Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort and Spa hotel is perfectly situated on the beautiful Marco Island beach on the Southwest Florida Gulf Coast. This AAA 4- Diamond deluxe 11-story Florida beach resort is only minutes from world-class golfing, the Florida Everglades National Park and some of Southwest Florida's best shopping, dining and recreational activities. Marco Island is conveniently located near Naples, Florida.At the Hilton Marco Island, Florida Resort and hotel, we feature 297 guest rooms including 22 gulf-view one-bedroom suites, and four luxuriously appointed two-bedroom penthouses.The Marco Island Spa at our resort hotel is the perfect hideaway in Southwest Florida. The Spa is a luxuriously appointed full service spa featuring signature facials, therapeutic massages, restoring body treatments, nail care, hair care and relaxation lounges. Our Marco Island spa also features a retail boutique as well as a state-of-the art fitness complex.The Hilton Marco Island, Florida hotel offers Activities and sightseeing opportunities for the entire familyThe Hilton Marco Island, FL hotel and resort offers guests an array of choices for both casual and elegant dining.Planning an Event or Meeting? With 12,000 square feet of total meeting and event facilities, superb catering, wonderful accommodations in a stunning location the Hilton hotel in Marco Island is everything you'll need for a flawless event.So whether for a family vacation, a weekend getaway or to attend a conference, make the Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort and Spa your choice in Southwest Florida. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Marco Island Beach Hotel Marco Island
- Marco Island Beach Hilton Resort
- Hilton Resort Marco Island Beach
- Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort Florida