Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed.
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Marco Island
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 30 August 2012

The overall stay was good, but construction from the renovations was a little annoying even being at the pool most of the day. This is the 3rd trip we have taken that the hotel was being remodeled while we were there, so it was annoying to us.
I am providing my experience to those looking at reviews if considering this resort:
PROS: Great pool lots of room to maneuver with crowds, shopping plaza across the street had some decent restaurant choices, beautiful beach, comfy bedding, we went in off season so it wasn't crowded, the spa is amazing!

CONS: Everything is an additional cost; internet in the room, parking and most services had built in gratuity (spa and room service) as well as parking and internet being taxed, an overall older crowd (but we enjoyed it because it was party central all week), not a lot of attractions on the actual Marco Island, oh and the shower SUCKED!!

If you are looking for somewhere that you can relax and not have to worry about it being party city then I would recommend.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda_Missouri
There are newer reviews for Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort--CLOSED FOR RENOVATIONS; REOPENING DEC. 1, 2017

Reviewed 29 August 2012

I visit this property every year for an industry conference, and have always found the accommodations and guest services to be stellar....even though I don't get to take full advantage of all the amenities. (The downside of having a business conference at an awesome resort) My most recent visit earlier this month was made even more special by Mac Chaudhry, the GM. Mac remembered me from prior stays, specifically the fact that I met my wife there back in '08. Realizing it was a special occasion, Mac surprised us with an upgrade to a Deluxe Suite. It is no wonder that his property received a 4-Diamond rating from AAA. I'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade, they will often oblige if one is available.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Andrew L
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Just spent a very relaxing week at this hotel, the service was excellent and thank you for cooking the fish we caught it tasted delicious - loved that it wasn't too much trouble! Don't really want to let everyone know about this hotel as I'd rather keep it to myself to enjoy - the location couldn't be better right on the beach full of shells to collect and there's even a shell washing station! It's a great place to get away from it all and the pool area is great for kids. The rooms are a little tired but theyve just started renovating them all and the fabrics etc looked very modern - fingers crossed they don't inflate the prices to cover this as its really good value at the moment. The food was really good and so are the restaurants nearby, as are the watersports, my daughter and I had a great time dolphin watching!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Sarahgould123
Reviewed 27 August 2012

We stayed at the Hilton for 4 nights, off season to avoid crowds and over priced rooms. The room rates were not discounted that much and the rooms needed updating (which the hotel is presently working on). I did find the hotel nickel and dimed you... $20 for an umbrella on the beach, outdoor parking $10/day, wifi $9.95/24 hrs... the only complimentary items were the beach towels and daily newspaper. We did dine 1 evening at the hotel and the food was excellent. The piano lounge is also relaxing, but the drinks are pricey! Good places to go for breakfast are Ne Ne's and Suzy's Diner and for dinner DiVinci's across from the hotel. For casual dining go to The Snook Inn especially if you like little necks! The beach was nice and great for shelling. The pool was ok, but be prepared to deal with alot of kids...forget trying to get in the shallow end of the pool. Enjoyed Marco Island, but may try someplace else next time.

Room Tip: Go for rooms on the higher floors away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2012

We stayed here last year (2011) and found the hotel to be average with average food.

This year (2012) we found it below average and the extra charges are totally out of line.
Room + Umbrella (20 per day) + parking (10 per day) + wifi (9.95 per day- per device)
+ breakfast (20 per person buffet) = $60.00 per day per person beyond room and taxes.

The rooms are old, the bath rooms need updating, the food is below average.....if you weant to pay alot for a bad place, this is it.

We suggest the Marriott down the street as the overall charges will be less do too free umbrella,
wifi, parking, and with mucg better food..

Room Tip: stay at better hotel within a 1/4 mile
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Flying L
RizwanAnsari1, Manager at Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort--CLOSED FOR RENOVATIONS; REOPENING DEC. 1, 2017, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2012

I appreciate your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were unhappy with some of the charges. I apologize if the charges were not clear when you booked the room. However, I do apologize for the condition of your guest room. We are currently in the process of renovating all guest rooms. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us, and we are truly sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. We hope you’ll give us another chance if you return to the area. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 23 August 2012

I stayed at the Hilton for 2 nights. I ate at the restuarant 2 nights and 1 morning. The dinners were fair, lobster was over cooked one night. $25-$50. The drinks were $10, but weak. The buffet breakfast had little to offer and some things were cold. $20.00 The beach is nice, though I prefer a sandy beach. Next time I will take water shoes with me. They charge $19.00 for an umbrella for the day. You get 4 free chairs. The rooms were very nice, lots of room and a frig. The balcony is nice to sit on in the morning with coffee. Internet was $9.95 for 24 hours which is fairy standard. They have a 2 towel limit for pool towels and if you don't turn them in you are charged. You'll need an extra towel to cover the arms of the chairs at the pool, they get hot. The pool is rather small for a large hotel but the ocean is right there. The winds was blowing most of the time which made it very nice. They have showers to cool off or rinse off after being in the water. All in all I will visit again, but think I will bring my own food and rent a microwave.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Very pleased with out recent stay. As soon as we walked in they had ice cold lemonade and citrus water with cookies. Exactly what we needed after traveling. The room was great, very clean. Staff was very friendly. The pool was beautiful, towels provided. Breakfast buffett was fantastic, everything you could want from fresh made omelets to fresh fruit. Prices are very resonable. They do charge for parking and beach umbrella's, common occurence. Would like to see discounted parking for honors members. Overall very happy with our stay.

• Stayed: August 2012
JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort
Marco Beach Ocean Resort
Marco Beach Ocean Resort
#2 of 12 in Marco Island

Been to Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort--CLOSED FOR RENOVATIONS; REOPENING DEC. 1, 2017? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort--CLOSED FOR RENOVATIONS; REOPENING DEC. 1, 2017

Address: 560 S. Collier Blvd., Marco Island, FL 34145-5503
Region: United States > Florida > Southwest Gulf Coast > Marco Island
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool
#3 Luxury Hotel in Marco Island
#3 Top resorts Hotel in Marco Island
#3 On the Beach Hotel in Marco Island
#3 Green Hotel in Marco Island
Price Range: £232 - £428 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort--CLOSED FOR RENOVATIONS; REOPENING DEC. 1, 2017 4*
Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort and Spa hotel is perfectly situated on the beautiful Marco Island beach on the Southwest Florida Gulf Coast. This AAA 4- Diamond deluxe 11-story Florida beach resort is only minutes from world-class golfing, the Florida Everglades National Park and some of Southwest Florida's best shopping, dining and recreational activities. Marco Island is conveniently located near Naples, Florida.At the Hilton Marco Island, Florida Resort and hotel, we feature 297 guest rooms including 22 gulf-view one-bedroom suites, and four luxuriously appointed two-bedroom penthouses.The Marco Island Spa at our resort hotel is the perfect hideaway in Southwest Florida. The Spa is a luxuriously appointed full service spa featuring signature facials, therapeutic massages, restoring body treatments, nail care, hair care and relaxation lounges. Our Marco Island spa also features a retail boutique as well as a state-of-the art fitness complex.The Hilton Marco Island, Florida hotel offers Activities and sightseeing opportunities for the entire familyThe Hilton Marco Island, FL hotel and resort offers guests an array of choices for both casual and elegant dining.Planning an Event or Meeting? With 12,000 square feet of total meeting and event facilities, superb catering, wonderful accommodations in a stunning location the Hilton hotel in Marco Island is everything you'll need for a flawless event.So whether for a family vacation, a weekend getaway or to attend a conference, make the Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort and Spa your choice in Southwest Florida. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort--CLOSED FOR RENOVATIONS; REOPENING DEC. 1, 2017 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hilton Marco Island Beach Hotel Marco Island
Marco Island Beach Hilton Resort
Hilton Resort Marco Island Beach
Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort--CLOSED FOR RENOVATIONS; REOPENING DEC. 1, 2017 Florida