“A nice stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
New York City, New York
“A nice stay”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We came down to Marco Island to meet friends who were staying at the Surf Club next door. At check in I had an online quote showing the price I booked for the hotel at $161/night, unfortunately I did not have the confirmation number with me, I thought it was on the paper, it did show the days of the week, but not the dates. Remember it's not high season in Florida in August, but they charged me $199/night, it was my fault for not bringing the confirmation number. They also did not tell us that we would be charged $10/day for self parking. Eating breakfast and lunch is a little expensive, $50 for breakfast and $50ish for lunch. Overall, the hotel was very convenient to our friends and the hotel room was clean. That was the only issue I had with the hotel. But for making us feel cared for and accommodating, I could have stayed at a Best Western and given the same treatment. There are not many hotels on the beach, mostly time shares and condo's, so you don't have much of a choice of hotels.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank donuwr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (716)
Nutley, New Jersey
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I have to say this hotel is an excellent stay.

Rooms are great!
Food is delicious!
Beach access, you can bring the towels from the hotel. They offer chair and umbrella rentals. Also, the they have a waiter on the beach that will take your food/drink order and bring it to you at the beach.
Nice location. If you do not have a car, you can walk to most restaurants and shops nearby.
If you bring your car, there is a charge of $10 for self-park and I believe $20 for Valet per day.

They have a Starbucks right by the lobby (Only opens until 12pm)

We did the wave-runner tour and really enjoyed it! Separate from the hotel, but it is right at the beach. Saw plenty of dolphins!!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Repolljo
RizwanAnsari1, Manager at Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Repolljo, we thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. As you mentioned our resort offers different amenities and the ones off the property are very convenient. We do have parking charges if you decide to do valet it is $14 per night or self parking for $10. Overall it is great to hear you enjoyed your stay. Your loyalty is highly valued and your satisfaction is a great motivation for our team. We will make sure your comments are passed along and we look forward to your next stay!
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort is lovely. Very comfortable and relaxing. Decor, atmosphere, and service are top notch! We stayed in a Gulf view Deluxe King room which fit our every need. Wonderful to witness the beautiful sunsets each night. We ate at the poolside grill for lunch almost every day. The food and service was great! One of the servers, Whitney, was so friendly and helpful we asked for her every time.

This beach is equal in comparison to Seven Mile Beach on Grand Cayman. You can experience the same type of beach without leaving the U.S.!!! Go enjoy without any reservations regarding whether you'll be happy and satisfied! YOU WILL!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank yacky2
Dear yacky2, we sincerely do appreciate all of your positive feedback. We are delighted to hear your stay was lovely. Our team takes great pride in reading the positive experiences our guests encounter. Thank you for recommending us we hope that you will be back soon!
Illinois
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed again with our family in 2 rooms. We reserved a 'front' suite which are the rooms closest to the beach. Outstanding view and great sized room, well worth the additional cost. Our adult kids stayed in an 'open' suite as it has 2 bathrooms and more room. As has been the case everytime we've stayed here, we enjoy the breakfast buffet, the great updated rooms and the location. It's also a good value. What is the same is the tiredness of certain public areas on the first floor of the resort. But we have always enjoyed great service from most of the staff each time.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank NewcastleIllinois
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Hilton Marco Island for a week and this hotel is awesome! The location and the beach is the best in South Florida. The hotel staff from senior management to the wait staff is very nice and helpful, you can tell everyone at this hotel loves their job and loves senior management. Everyone always greeted us with a hello and can we help you! Our room was not ready when we arrived and management upgraded us to a suite so we would not have to wait. We were very impressed with the food quality, the best food on the Island. Cindy waited on us every morning for breakfast and we felt like we were great friends when we left, the staff makes you feel like family and makes your stay so enjoyable. Miss Ping was so very nice and seemed like she was at every one of our meals, from breakfast, lunch and dinner making sure everything was perfect. We ate breakfast every morning, and either lunch or dinner everyday at the hotel. We cannot wait to get back to this hotel! I am a Hilton Diamond Member and stay in Hilton hotels throughout the year. This is a well run hotel and they will accomodate you with any issues you have, but we didnt have any. One tip, when you book the room, you can buy a package that includes parking, breakfast, internet, and beach umbrella, this worked perfect for us. So you will not incur any extra charges at checkout. This was our first time to Marco Island and we plan to be back very soon!

Room Tip: Higher floors have a awesome view!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Mikebubbacole
Shelton, Connecticut
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Beachfront hotel on a nice small island. What a way to spend a vacation! The hotel was very nice, clean and in a good location. The staff was the friendliest that I have ever met in a hotel (except for the lady who seats people in the Paradise Cafe in the morning. She needs to take pointers from other staff members on how to be friendly). From the lady who mops up the elevator in the afternoon to the managers of the hotel, everyone was super friendly and polite. The hotel is maintained very well. The views from the rooms are beautiful. Definitely get a gulf view room.

We had breakfast everyday in the Paradise Cafe. Very nice. It was included in our stay. I did think the buffet was pricey at $22 a person, if you had to pay. I did like the option that you could order off the menu and spend up to $22 and that would also be covered. Had the steak and eggs breakfast, for a change, and it was excellent. We also had the Sunset Dinner one evening. It was a fixed menu. The food was very good. Only four choices but it worked well for my husband and I.

The only negative thing I have to say it that I feel that as a Gold member there was no consideration for my preferences at check in. We arrived shortly before 1:00 on check-in day. It was very busy. Our room was not ready, which wasn't a problem. From what I understood the hotel was completely booked on Saturday night and Sunday as well, the day we checked in. We were told it could possibly be done around 2:00. We said no problem. We went and drove around the island to get ourselves familiar with it. We returned around 2:30. Still not done, but at least we got the paper work done. Perfect! They would call when the room was ready. Changed and went to the beach for awhile. When we finally got our call we went to pick up our room keys. When I was handed the keys the room number was 423. I immediately questioned the number as I always get a high floor. I was told I would love this room. Ok. My husband ran back to the car and the bell-hop took our luggage. He could not fit on the elevator so he took the next one up. I opened the door and immediately knew I would not be staying here. As I paid for a gulf view, the first thing I saw out of the slider doors was the roofs of the main sections of the building. I did walk outside to see what "gulf view" I had. It wasn't much. Told the bell-hop not to even unload. Called the front desk, told them this was unacceptable and when back to the front desk. I was then given a room on the 10th floor, more towards the ocean. Much better!! The room was just around the corner from the elevators. Didn't realize until the next morning that we could hear the whirl of the elevators as they ran. My preference is to be away from the elevators. I thought I was far enough away from them not to hear them, guess I was wrong. At that point I wasn't about to ask for another room because I didn't feel that packing up again to move. TIP: get a room away from the elevators!

I would definitely stay here again if I were to return to Marco Island. Overall I would rate this high!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BSalbright
Dear BSalbright, we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. Please know that we appreciate you taking time to write this review. We feel so privileged that you chose our hotel, our team is usually very good about meeting our HHonor’s preferences, and it seems this time we fell short of doing that. We would like to have you back again in the near future to provide you with outstanding, flawless hospitality service and make it right.
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I used a few Hilton points here a couple weeks ago and we enjoyed our stay. For the price (or points) you get a nice room, with a great view, and are right on the beach. There are other more luxurious options nearby, but I was not disappointed with this smaller resort. They have a couple restaurants, a small pool bar and a Starbucks. There are restaurants across the street too. Next year we'll probably go back to Captiva, but only because we prefer the more laid back atmosphere there.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Hyatt House Naples
Hyatt House Naples
#5 of 59 in Naples
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,023 reviews

Been to Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort? Share your experiences!