We just returned from our five night stay at the Marco Island Marriott and I can't wait to go back again! This resort has it all: excellent service/staff, beautiful beach, amazing pools, and so many things aimed at pleasing both children and adults!
The rooms are very nice, with large balconies, and very spacious bath/closet areas. The beds were comfortable with nice linens and our maid service was more than acceptable especially with a bit of tipping. With regards to the concerns about the cleanliness of the rooms, our room wasn't spotless, it was acceptably clean, and was miles from "dirty or filthy"...I think that it is pretty much a matter of personal comfort when it comes to determining if a room is "clean"....So keep that in mind when reading other reviews of this resort...We saw nothing that 5 seconds with a Clorox wipe wouldn't take care of...There is an empty refrigerator in your room which was very helpful for snacks, gallon of milk for our toddler, and beer/water for the adults.
This is a huge resort, it does provide service for masses of people, mostly on the weekends (Fri-Sun)...So, avoid the weekends if lots of people are a problem for you or DECIDE to just get into an "island" state of mind and "chill out" and its all very very good!
The beach is long white full of shells and perfect for sunsets...The water is relatively shallow for quite some distance, with typically gentle waves which our three yr-old loved...Towels and loungers are free, full day umbrella on beach/$19 or 1/2 day/$12...The beach staff were friendly and helpful. The pool areas are big and beautiful for children of all ages and adults. Kudos to this resort, they have recycling areas by both pools and on each floor of rooms! This is very important for us since we see recycling as one way to keep our oceans and the Gulf cleaner and safer for all fish, manatee, & turtles etc!!
The staff are ever present, friendly, and there is no constant pressure felt for tipping that aggressive staff can project. The staff were all outstanding and warm from the front desk to the building engineer we met on our floor. There were some standouts in service that I have to mention...Angie, at the front desk, you are such a dear and once again made our stay extra special through your kindness and generosity! So good to see your smiling face again! Eren and Jackie, at the front desk, kindly took extra time to
answer any questions we had and gave some good tips too! Thanks to you all, you are standouts in providing excellent customer service! Can't wait to see you all again!
On a final note, the breakfast buffet at this resort is quite amazing...The selection is unbeatable, the price steep $22, but well worth it...My toddler was able to join us at the buffet for $1.89 (a deal)...It was truly an dining extravaganza, and I recommend trying it at least once! The fresh orange juice is really a standout too!
Enjoy your stay, and as one reviewer already stated, "Prepare to be addicted to this place!", I know we are!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort is a renowned vacation playground that opens guests up to the world around them and creates an authentic sense of place. Situated on a sprawling private white sand beach along the tranquil waters of the Gulf of Mexico, the enchanting ecosystem of the Florida Everglades is at our doorstep and provides myriad opportunities for exploration and adventure. Experience true luxury in our newly renovated guest rooms and suites, feed your intellect through our locally sourced menu selections and interactive food and beverage experiences, and find balance, health, and harmony at our Spa by JW(R). Following a $320 million renovation, our resort pays homage to the Balinese-inspired Marco Island heritage and provides leisure and business travelers with everything they need. Two private 18-hole championship golf courses, three swimming pools, 10 restaurants, an array of water sports and recreational activities, and a children's Tiki Tribe camp deliver endless opportunities for relaxation and fun. JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort is an immersive sanctuary where guests can delve deeper into their passions while enjoying our legendary warm, attentive service delivered by those who genuinely love what they do. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marco Island Marriott Resort, Golf Club Hotel Marco Island
- Marco Island Marriott Resort, Golf Club And Spa
- Marriott Marco Island
- JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort Florida