“Perfect Place for a Relaxing Vacation”

JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Marco Island
GreenLeadersSilver level
Baltimore
“Perfect Place for a Relaxing Vacation”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I had my reservations about Marco Island in general (I prefer more "beach-like" settings like you find on Sanibel) but our stay at this hotel convinced me that you can get away from the hub-bub of Marco Island. We stayed here and took a side trip to the Everglades, but honestly, we really didn't want to leave the facility. We had a great view of the Gulf of Mexico, the variety and quality of restaurants were great, pools, easy beach access for walks, gorgeous sunsets, attentive and friendly staff -- what's not to like? Would definitely return. This was our first-anniversary trip and were loved it!

Room Tip: A corner room in the tower offers incredible views
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank Mr.Magoo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (993)
Holmes Beach, Florida
Reviewed 19 December 2013

We have visited this hotel many times as part of a business conference annually for 10 years. Our most recent visit to Marco Island Marriott Resort was a lovely visit in a lovely place in the world. Marco Island has a unique S.W. Florida feel. The resort is located directly on the Gulf of Mexico with white sandy beaches. The restaurants within the resort are all 'fairly' good, however service at Quinn's on the beach is marginal. The upscale downstairs restaurant "Kurrents" is good, especially the Creme Brulee dessert! The pool scenes are typical with lots of families and sunbathers, not much privacy if that is what you are looking for. The room accommodations updated, clean, and are beyond adequate w everything you need. Valet parking service is fast and friendly. A negative issue in staying at this hotel is that it is spread out so big and wide, that you must walk and walk long ways on a somewhat (beach sandy) and slippery marble floor to get to the other side for business facilities and/or front desk/and valet parking pick up. This year we had lots of trouble with WIFI issues, which resulted in many visits from the hotel Internet tech.
With all in perspective, this hotel is very good, but could be better in some ways, as I have described. We do look forward to our Marco Island trip every year. Great restaurants in the surrounding area, of which our favorite is in nearby Goodland at Marker 8.5 !

Room Tip: Get a room closer to the front desk/entry to avoid long timely walks from the East tower to all the...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank a l
Estero, Florida
Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

Reminded me of hotels in Hawaii. Older resort with two 11 story towers. In perfect shape up to 2014 demands. Check in was seemless and friendly. Self park is $12 daily, valet more. Wifi free in lobby but $9.95 daily in room. That's annoying. Lots of shops, coffee bar, sushi bar and plenty of food options. We had lunch at Quinn's on the beach twice. Bar food, burgers open until 10 pm but no patio heaters. Several pools, hot tubs, family friendly. Beach chairs free but umbrellas are not. Lots of activity options. Perfect beach and great for shell collecting. Pools are heated since the gulf gets chilly now, once below 70 , forget it. Most rooms have views but 1and 2 floor in the back do not and the north tower sides with a large condo so it limits that side if you are in the back. Tennis and full spa round out this resort. Our housekeeper in 908 was not on top of game. If you want a great looking and feeling beach, meeting or wedding venue look no further. Staff across the board was very friendly when dealing with them or just passing by.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jackman1
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed our time at this Marriott Resort even though the weather was miserable. It had all the amenities that we could ask for and the hotel staff was very helpful. With great views of the beach from almost any room in the hotel, it makes for a great morning of evening sunset. The beach was convenient and very clean. If you are there for July 4th the view of the fireworks is fantastic. Definitely the place to stay in Marco Island.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Our getaway to Marco Island was wonderful. The weather was what I expected. This was our second trip to Marco Island, however, we have stayed at numerous Marriotts. Including JW. This time around at the Marco Island Marriott Resort, we were very disappointed. However, we will go back.

This Resort is a good price for what you get. By no means is this a JW or like a JW… Our experience the first time at the Marco Island Marriott was fantastic, which is why we decided to stay here again.

Let me start out by explaining what we did. Hubby travels. He gets points. We use points… We had enough points for 3 nights in the room we wanted which is the same type room we stayed in before… A partial pool/gulf view. We had 3 free nights, and paid for 2 nights… mind you, we paid for two nights at the partial pool/gulf view price.

I called several time prior to our arrival making sure we had the reservations and that nothing went wrong, double checked that we had the room type we booked.

Arrived early on Wednesday before Thanksgiving knowing that our room would not be ready at this time. We checked in. However, the room was not ready, but, says the CSR, Oriville, I would like to upgrade you and put you in this lovely , lovely room for you since you and your husband are Elite members… :) great! never ever received any type of upgrade with out paying before. So I said that would be great. I would like to be sure though that we do at least get what we asked for. A view of the pool and gulf view. Knowing darn well that sometimes when they say upgrade you really are not getting an upgrade. He said, oh, yes this room is beautiful. I will call you on your cell phone when it is ready… Someone called us, room in ready. BTW at 4:00 check in time… We were given 4 elite cards. Arrived at our room, which is in the furthest bldg. Cannot remember the names of the bldgs. If you are on the beach looking at the two lg bldgs, it is the bldg on the left. We stayed in the other bldg the last time. So we walked in, DBL beds they remodeled since the last time, it was nice as what a usual room should look like at this hotel. I walk over to the balcony to find that we were not upgraded. !!!! Really? I could not believe this.
Our view was a Tropical view of the island and overlooking the condo next door and part of the spa. Anyone that stayed here knows that is not a partial pool/ gulf view. I called the desk right away. oh mrs. DJB, but this is an upgrade. I said lets not argue we both know this is not an upgrade and I want the room that I booked. A view of the pool with a gulf view… Well we are booked up. I said I know you have rooms available. Give me someone else's room that did not check in yet, because that is what you did with my room, you gave it away. She told me I have to talk to the person that checked you in. He will call you back.. I told her if I do not hear from him within 10 minutes I will go over there heads with this… He called within 5 minutes and told me I will see what I could do let me call you back. He called back and told me I have a room for you. Wonderful, He met us half way near the elevators this time we are in the other bldg. We walked in our room and low and behold!!! the room I booked. However, it was closer to the gulf. I did pretty good. I then went down and gave him a tip… He did not have to do this. Although this is the room I ordered and he should have put us in it in the first place. This room was perfect as far as pool/gulf view, however, I think this room was a white elephant that no one wanted. The bathroom ceiling had water damage to the point that it was soft and wet. Bathroom above us was leaking. The smell in this room was terrible and giving us headaches. Not just me, the whole family. I did not ask to be moved, however, I did tell the CSR about the room, he offered to move us, but I declined. I said if it gets worse I will let you know. The rest of the stay was not too bad.

The overall resort is nice with two pools, but not enough chairs. We had this problem the last time too. Also, It is a big problem when groups save chairs at 7am and return to them hours later. The pool attendants were monitoring this but if people didn't complain they would not do anything. My family found two chairs near the towel stand, yuc. And we were lucky enough to get the two chairs next to us because they had been gone for over two hours. Pool attendant took everything off so we took the chairs. They came back clearly 3 hrs after we took the chairs and started yelling at us. I told them to see the attendant.

No turn down service, therefore dirty towels were not taken and new ones were not brought. Had to call down every night.

I will return to this location because this location is probably one of the best locations on Marco Island for the price.

Thank you for being patient.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less water pressure.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Connecticut
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Typical upscale Marriott property; very nice but not out-of-this-world fantastic. Also typical Marriott add on pricing for just about everything beyond the beds in your room. $500 a night for a gulf view room with balcony and they tack on an extra $22 to park your chariot? REALLY??? Not that it's a surprise; it's just excessive.....it's Marco Island, the nearest commercial airport is 47 miles away; do they think that you are going to get there by bus??? Other than that, the facilities are well kept and the place has the feel of some luxury without seeming snooty. Several nice touches like being able to order food to be delivered to your beach chair via golf cart. Over-all, quite nice if all the add-ons don't bug you.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Urbandale, Iowa
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I love this property. A few little bumps along the way wouldn't stop me from giving this property a great review. A few things you should know; be prepared to spend, spend and spend some more. Everything has a cost at the Marriott. I spent $12 per day to park or $22 per day if you wish to valet park plus taxes and fees. Basic room service for breakfast which consisted of 2 - eggs, toast, hash browns, bacon, juice and coffee came with a cost of about $30. Dinner was the same. Everything came with service fees and taxes. Cocktails ran around $12 - 14 ea. which is pricey by most persons standards. The property offers several options for eating and drinking as well as a sushi bar. The beach has the softest sand I have experienced in a long time. Finally, I couldn't help but be a bit put out when my king bed, reservation made one month earlier, had been given away by the time I arrived. I was placed in one of the two newly remodeled towers (flat screen, ironing board, large closet, mini bar, safe and fridge) which was okay with me. Be aware of excess charges to your room for items taken out of the mini bar that you may not have taken. This happened to me and was resolved by a quick call to the front desk. However, if you don't challenge these bogus charges you and others will continue to be taken advantage of too. Nice property and beautifully manicured.

Room Tip: Rooms in tower one have large balconies with two chairs and one small table. The higher up you are...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Naples Bay Resort
#4 of 59 in Naples
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,548 reviews
Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort

Been to JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort? Share your experiences!