We are platinum Marriott members and have traveled to many Marriott resorts in Florida and the Caribbean in addition to staying at hotels throughout the US for business. This was the first time to the Marco Island Marriott in 17 years. It has certainly undegone many changes and most for the better. The property has a tropical feel from when you pull up. The hotel is clean for a beach property and there are a variety of places to eat by the pool/beach. Their stores are an added touch and the coffee shop was a bonus in the morning and for an after dinner treat. We had an awesome view from our tenth floor room of the pool, beach/ocean and island. They honored all our requests for a high floor, near an elevator and early check in which was surprising since it was during busy Easter week. The pools were overcrowded and chairs were nonexistent by 1000AM but the beach had plenty of chairs and umbrellas. The staff was friendly and corteous except for the security woman who came to our room to help us unlock our safe that stuck. She made a snide comment about my jewlery taking up too much room in the safe and that people only put their diamonds in the safe. Well I dont know what she thought was in my jewlery case! And it was really not any of her business.We did check out a day early to head over to the East Coast of Florida where we are more familiar with. Marco is a pretty island but just too quiet for us. I tried to make reservations at three different restaurants for a 9:00 seating and all three told me they would be closing! It was spring break/Easter week. I also have to comment on the incredible sushi and service in their lobby Asian restaurant-their signature rolls were incredible and the seating was relaxing and warm.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort is a renowned vacation playground that opens guests up to the world around them and creates an authentic sense of place. Situated on a sprawling private white sand beach along the tranquil waters of the Gulf of Mexico, the enchanting ecosystem of the Florida Everglades is at our doorstep and provides myriad opportunities for exploration and adventure. Experience true luxury in our newly renovated guest rooms and suites, feed your intellect through our locally sourced menu selections and interactive food and beverage experiences, and find balance, health, and harmony at our Spa by JW(R). Following a $320 million renovation, our resort pays homage to the Balinese-inspired Marco Island heritage and provides leisure and business travelers with everything they need. Two private 18-hole championship golf courses, three swimming pools, 10 restaurants, an array of water sports and recreational activities, and a children's Tiki Tribe camp deliver endless opportunities for relaxation and fun. JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort is an immersive sanctuary where guests can delve deeper into their passions while enjoying our legendary warm, attentive service delivered by those who genuinely love what they do. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, TravelUp, Odigeo, Agoda, LoveHolidays and Hotels.com so you can book your JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marco Island Marriott Resort, Golf Club And Spa
- Marco Island Marriott Resort, Golf Club Hotel Marco Island
- Marriott Marco Island
- JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort Florida