“Top Notch Food and Service- Can't be beat!”

JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Marco Island
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stayed here this past weekend with my awesome Company as a reward for our sales team. I can not say enough good things about this resort and their staff! Every single person we encountered could not do enough to be of service to us. The food was magnificent, beach is incredible, drinks are SUPER good (try the Miami Vice with an extra floater)! We had 2 catered events that were outstanding in every way-one ballroom evening for awards and another "salsa night" on the terrace outdoors-both were FIRST CLASS! We ate at all of the lunch spots down by the pool and everything was wonderful. I noticed LOTS of things to do for families with kiddos and although I didn't try the spa several of our group did and enjoyed it. It is a little pricey but worth EVERY penny! I will definitely return!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (3,956)

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Quinns is right on the beach so the view is simply amazing.the food was good. A little pricey but not unreasonable, drinks served up cold, and the service was fantastic. We had Nick on both days, he did such a great job going over the menu and making suggestions. What we were most impressed about was even thou they were busy Nick never made us feel rushed nor invisible.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This resort is one of the best that I have been to. It has everything, I MEAN EVERYTHING! White sand beaches, large hotel rooms with beautiful views, food buffets with everything you can imagine, staff that is very friendly and service oriented, family friendly and yet couple friendly as well. Best resort on the island...HUBBA HUBBA, MAN OH MAN DO I WANT TO GO BACK!

I want to thank Sean Jones for his outstanding service in assisting us.

Room Tip: Higher floors 4th and above are recommended. South Tower to see sunset view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Wonderful mini vacation at the Marriott Marco Island! Fun, family friendly resort with beautiful beach and pool area. The hotel is immaculate and staff friendly and helpful. Rooms are spacious and have great views. I plan on coming back for a longer stay!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
TravelBrilliantly, Travel Brilliantly at JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

We value your feedback and strive to provide all of our guests with a memorable experience. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Love this resort! So relaxing, right on the beach, amazing pool! Grab a lounge chair, tropical drink and watch the sunset in your vacation back yard....paradise! Marco Island is a fun destination, great to explore with lots of cute shops, we took a catamaran trip to find sand dollars, amazing time!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback. We take great pride in our effort to provide an unforgettable experience. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We are a family of 4 (two pre-teen kids); just stayed here April 20-23. The hotel is lovely, in a prime location on the beautiful white sands beach. We spent all of our time between the pools and the beach. Plenty of room on the beach, great chair/umbrella set up (they do it). Quinn's pool was more relaxed. The other pool (with the slide) is a family pool, similar to a Disney hotel pool, packed with toddlers and kids; and during the busiest weeks of the year for the hotel, you have to realize that and either join the fun or go to the Quinn pool instead. You have to arrive at the pools at 7:45am to get in line to get in at 8:00 and reserve chairs; the staff enforces a 1 hr time limit on unattended chairs (because the hotel was fully booked), but if you let the staff know that you are doing water sports or eating lunch, they will not give your chairs away.

Rick (customer service coordinator?) who was very proactive in trying to make the process easier for everyone; without an alternative system for reserving chairs, he was very active in speaking with guests, getting them towels.

Like most guests at this hotel, we've stayed at many similar-level beach resorts: Here we found the staff to be professional, well-trained, consistent and happy. We have been to other resorts where there doesn't seem to be coordination/training, but here I give Marriott 5 stars for staff. The system/staff for renting paddle boards/umbrellas/kayaks and waverunners was smooth and professional.

My one suggestion would be better drink/food service on the beach -- it would have been nice to have a few servers who stayed on the beach, ready to take orders. I would also have a server providing complimentary champagne at sunset on the beach. Other than that, great vacation experience.

5 stars for beach
5 stars for staff
4 stars for pool
4 stars for room/hotel in general

Room Tip: We stayed in Island Tower, pool view (the northern pool) and view was nice -- I would choose a room...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KGinger2003
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Wife and I went here for a long weekend for our anniversary. For whatever reason I forgot that we would be there during Easter, and as other people pointed out it was pretty busy, but it didn't impact the enjoyment of our stay.

For starters, we flew into Ft Lauderdale, because the ticket prices were a lot less and we wanted to visit some relatives out that way on the way back. It was a little under two hours to drive to Marco Island. However, while at the resort I heard that the drive down from Ft Myers takes almost as long because of lights and such, so maybe it wasn't so bad.

We were going to do self park, but as others have mentioned it's hard to get spots there. But then I found out that valet was only $22/day, which actually is a lot less than other Marriotts I have stayed at in Florida. Considering that when you want to go out you just call downstairs and they have it ready for you by the time you make it to the lobby, this was really convenient and worth it I thought.

The resort is really beautiful, right from the minute you walk into the lobby. We managed to score a fantastic room (thank you Jaclyn!) and were in love with the view of the ocean. Had a couple of small glitches, such as the room safe not working, but when I reported it a guy showed up less than 5 minutes later and fixed it and the other things right away.

I guess this was a spring break week in a lot of places, because there were a ton of kids. That didn't bother us at all and didn't cause any kind of nuisance. We did run into the issue of lack of chairs by the pool, with the usual resort nonsense of people reserving chairs. BUT, and you may think this sounds strange, one of the things that impressed me most was that they instituted a policy where if you left your chairs unattended for a long time they removed your items and put them aside so others could use the chairs. They would even approach groups that were leaving to ask if/when they were coming back, and to remind them of the policy. After going to many resorts and dealing with the towel game, I can't tell you how refreshing it was to have a hotel actually take action. I applaud Marriott for instituting this and creating fairness for everyone. This really wasn't an issue for us, because once I plopped myself into my chair, the only reason I was getting up was to dunk into the pool. Didn't even have to get up to get a drink or food, because they had waitress service right at the chair.

There are several eating options right on the property, but the bill can really rack up if you start ordering drinks. However, there are other options a short walk down the street, and even more if you take a short drive. There is a coffee shop in the hotel, but the long line starts forming at like 7:30am and doesn't let up until about 10am. If you have a car, I'd suggest taking the short drive to Dunkin Donuts. Better options, and you'll save a lot of money too.

Every employee that we came into contact with was extremely friendly and helpful. They will go out of their way to make sure your stay is a good one. I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: The rooms on the front corner are much larger than the regular rooms, with a wrap-around balcony fac...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Edgewater Beach Hotel
#11 of 59 in Naples
Marco Beach Ocean Resort
#2 of 12 in Marco Island

Been to JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort? Share your experiences!