“Best Family Resort”

GreenLeadersSilver level
New York, New York
“Best Family Resort”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I decided to take my son on a vacation with his best friend and his mother. After pondering over so many destinations, we finally came to an agreement. So here we are in Sunny Florida, right smack at the Marriott Beach Resort on Marco Island. The moment I pulled up towards the waiting valet staff, we were greeted with a huge smile and welcome to the Marriott. Yes, there was a little congestion before we got out of the vehicle, but what would you expect from a five star hotel on one of the busiest weeks of the year, and no it’s not Christmas, it was spring break.

The hotel was magnificent, and the perfect getaway for a family resort, which offers an array of amenities like, pedal boats, paddle boards, water hammocks, kayaks, jet skis, and sailing trips where you can go shelling to the 10,000 islands. Of course lets not forget golf course and spa with plenty of shops.

The staff members were graciously accommodating with first-class hospitality. One of the waiters mentioned to us that they had over 3200 guests staying that week at the hotel. Wow!! That’s a lot of people to accommodate, yet they still were able to cater to our every need, like food, drinks, clean towels, our car from valet at a timely manner. I was impressed.

However, we did have problems finding chairs by the pool, but hey, what did you expect with so many vacationers indulging over drinks and a quick swim to cool off and kids swimming and splashing like little fish, laughing in merriment all day long.

We spent a few days lying on our lounge chairs under an umbrella on their glorious beach absorbing the warm and gentle breeze. The staff on the beach was incredible and couldn’t do enough to make you feel welcome. I certainly made sure I tipped them well. Every member of the Marriott works hard to make your stay as relaxing and comfortable as they possibly can. They deserve that extra thank you.

The rooms are clean with fresh, clean towels every day of our stay. The food in every restaurant was delicious. However, I would have like them to make my sandwich the way I would have wanted it prepared since I don’t eat cheese, and the reason was they were pre-made. I was okay with that since they needed to feed over 3200 guests.

Overall our stay was a memorable one. The boys had a blast in the pool, beach and the resort itself. There was plenty to do on the premises for our little guys. Well, off to my next excursion. If you decide to visit the Marriott on Marco Island, I wish you

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SecretWriter22

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,033)
Bridgewater, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 June 2014

we stayed at the marriot resort marco island fl during spring break this year (last week of april). the resort is situated on a beautiful piece of property. my family was there ona 4 night/5 day trip and we enjoyed the sun and surf and the 2 resort pools. They have few restaurants on site. The 2 next to the pool are decent specially the pizza place. best place to view the sunset with a drink in your hand. All the rooms have partial views of ocean but there are special oceanfront rooms too.
The Pools are nice. My boys are in early teens and enjoyed themselves in ocean/pool/ocean. The pool seating is ample but it does not hurt to book your chairs early in the morning.
All in all the trip was awesome and we definitely the place to stay in marco island

Room Tip: ask for a higher floor
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Cary
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We were lucky enough to be invited to a wedding last october 2013 at this property and loved everything about it. We had a room so new, I think we were the first guests to stay in it. We had so much fun we visited the property again in January 2014. The staff is great, the food is fabulous, the pool and beaches are perfect. There's nothing not to like!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We have stayed at the Masrriott before, and liked it enough to return. The position right on the beach is unbeatable, and most of the rooms have some kind of view from their large balconies. The staff are amazing, friendly and helpful. The rooms are pleasantly furnished and clean.The bathroom is very small and basic, with the shower over the bath.Rather dated. On our last visit I found the beds very comfortable. Maybe i just stuck unlucky with the room this time, but I felt I was sleeping on a matress stuffed with rocks!
The facilities are first class, the pools and the grounds lovely. I liked the fact that although towel cards allowed each guest 2 towels, these were willingly changed for fresh dry ones on request.
As others have mentioned, prices are on the high side.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed at the Marco Island Marriott in early June. Loved it. Again, great staff, friendly, attentive. Used the self park this time, not worth the daily fee for valet for us, since we are able to walk across the street without a problem. We stayed in a 10th floor room, absolutely amazing view. We were offered a room near the pool for extra fee per day, but we liked the view. The rooms near the pool would be convenient for families with young children. I re-read my last review. We ordered soda and food by the pool, no refills on soda this time. But in Marriott resort fashion, a pool attendant brought around cool towels, and popsicles, a nice touch.
We ate lunch by the pool twice. The usual Marriott burgers, fries, no more home made chips, and grouper sandwiches, always a hit.
The beach is wide and beautiful. Never feels crowded. We took several walks.
Perfect stay, even thought the weather was not cooperative til the last day. We asked for a late checkout, and were given a day room because we are Platinum members. Nice to be able to shower before we headed to the airport. It was the only day we enjoyed the sun because of the rain. Very nice of the staff to let us check into the day room. We used the laundry on level three to wash some wet clothing before we headed home. Nice to have very convenient. I'd suggest taking your own powdered soap and dryer sheets from home :)
Also, one last note, As were were flying home, I realized I left a very expensive DSLR camera in a drawer in our room. I called that night when we returned home, and they had it tucked away. It was mailed back the following day. honest, hard working staff. Can't say enough about this beautiful property. We will be back!

Room Tip: I believe we had 1031? excellent view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sundance1
New Albany, Ohio
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed one week at the Marco Island Marriott in June 2014. This was our first visit there. This is a beautiful property! Everything was spotless and the Marriott staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. The staff went out of their way to meet any of our needs We are long-time Marriott regulars and this hotel was among our favorite ever. The beach is beautiful and peaceful. The hotel is quiet and comfortable. The bars and restaurants on property are very high quality. Not to miss: The sunset from a barstool at Quinns. Pina Colada in-hand. Then catch the fire-dancer right after sunset. Bartenders Bobby, Brian and Michelle at the Tiki Bar are super!

Room Tip: Get a sunset view overlooking the ocean/pool.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 June 2014

From check in to check out the staff was always smiling, willing to assist and able to accomadate all requests. Although I was there for business this property seemed appropriate for all occasions. All restaurant options were great, I even dreamed about breakfast at Tropiks days later. I felt like a valued customer and would recommend this property to anyone

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
The Ritz-Carlton, Naples
Marco Island Lakeside Inn
Marco Island Lakeside Inn
#4 of 12 in Marco Island
Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort--CLOSED FOR RENOVATIONS; REOPENING DEC. 1, 2017

Been to JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort? Share your experiences!