“Spectacular Resort”

JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Marco Island
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Arrived home from this resort 48 hrs ago and we are all missing it terribly. This was the last of a 3 centre resort stay and our most favourite, so was great it was at the tail end of the holiday. Lovely property, rooms, staff, location, has all the ingredients for a memorable stay.

We instantly felt at home here, which always says something !

I can't compare this resort to any other at Marco Island as this was our first visit, but having travelled around the small island, it is certainly 1 of the standout properties , great for families, great activity list, difficult to fault anything tbh.

I have to confess I did initially think twice about staying out of principle because of the $25 a day resort fee but was pleasantly surprised to find out that this wasn't quite what I thought, I initially thought it was a way of fleecing money out of guests but you do get quite a few things for this $25 for free, thought this is worth mentioning for anyone that may feel a little hard done by when they book and are not aware they are actually getting something in return.

The only criticism if I can call it that, is that the sea kayaks which come as a daily 1 hr free in the resort fee, needs a little tinkering to make it a little more organised. The 1st day especially I used it the staff seemed a little overwhelmed at the demand and struggled in my opinion to organise this properly. In truth the property was full at the time and some of the guests seemed to struggle with the fact that they had to wait, maybe they are not used to waiting for anything, who knows !

If you want a piece of paradise book now to avoid is disappointment !

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Steven B
There are newer reviews for JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

I bring my family here every year for the most relaxing getaway. Our son brings a friend every year. My son's friends start lobbying him at Christmas to be included in next years trip to Marco. This place's reputation speaks for itself. There is no place in Florida like Marco Island and no place on Marco like the Marriott resort!!! Admittedly, I am a platinum elite business traveler and guest, so we always receive premium service, premium rooms and all for minimal expense. But the facilities, service, staff, view, beach, food and drink are second to none! God please let me retire and die in peace on Marco Island someday!!! :-)

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I stayed at this property for two nights while attending a trade association conference. It is just south of Naples and about an hour drive from the Ft Meyers airport (RSW). This is one of the nicest Marriotts I've stayed at.

Although the hotel is not new, it is well maintained, extremely clean, and has a nice layout. There are several dining options including a pool bar/restaurant. I saw many families and couples during the time I was there. The service was very good to excellent wherever I went on the property. The beach is pristine and as nice as you can find anywhere.

My 6th floor room was spacious by todays standards (probably about 500 sq. ft). It had a balcony and faced inward towards the pool. The partial ocean view was great. Everything in the room worked as it should, including the AC (90 plus degree heat and humidity) which was quiet.

The meeting facilities are well laid out for a convention our size (400 attendees). The main ballroom and smaller meeting rooms are proximal to each other with additional space for registration and vendor tables. The convention meals, although typical, were excellent quality. The hotel staff set up and broke down meeting rooms and areas quickly and quietly. All of the AV equipment worked well.

I would consider returning here for a romantic or family getaway in the cooler months. I would also recommend this hotel for business meetings. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Very nice view from a high floor that faces the pool area.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Spent a week here with our teenage boys 3rd to 10th August. Booked 5 nights but so nice we stayed another two! Fantastic pool, fantastic beach right outside, fantastic staff. Couple of minor annoyances - wifi is poor. You can connect 6 devices on your resort fee but bandwidth suffers across the hotel so always slow. The other problem is getting sunbeds. It seems the plan is to get to the pool by 8am, lay out your towels on beds, then go for breakfast and return later. A one hour rule applies but isn't enforced. Bit weird first day going to the pool at 9am and all the beds were 'reserved' and only 4 people were in the pool! Don't let that put you off - just bring an alarm clock. We had a lovely time and would thoroughly recommend the hotel. Great cluster of restaurants nearby in easy walking distance. Wonderful sunsets. Self car parking across the road reasonably priced. Overall one of the loveliest resort hotels we have stayed in after 30 years extensive travelling. Oh and the Marriott burger at the pool is to die for!

Room Tip: Queen beds and rooms quite large
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank TheRoddies
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I birthday weekend was nothing but amazing. I loved the server Calene in tropiks , she always remembered me and my husband's name as well as what we like to drink.. awesome hotel can't wait to see what they do in the renovation.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Several weeks ago we ventured to Marco Island. We had also heard the food at the Marriott was great, and not just the usual hotel food-- So we tried it. Weather was perfect for sitting outside overlooking the Gulf. We started with two drinks their tropical concoctions which were refreshing.
Then we had the lobster tacos, and shrimp cocktail for apps. The shrimp came in a mug with a virgin bloody Mary how cool! Both were very good. For the main dishes we ordered the Chimichurri Skirt Steak (wow) and Blackened Grouper. The presentation of the steak was awesome on a long skewer. Medium rare, flavor amazing and so tender. The grouper was perfectly cooked and over sweet potatoes. After we had the key lime pie, and the brownie sundae in a glass. A great end to a perfect dinner. The service was great too-- Brian was very attentive, and Courtney the Assistant Manager also checked on us. Great food, great service, and a great location right on the beach-- who could ask for more? Not cheap but worth the money-- great sized portions, unique presentation, and a very flavorful dinner! We will definitely come back-- awesome dinner!! And we have stayed at the hotel and it is great too!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Hotel is nice and clean. I love that it offers two large pools and just steps to the white sand, making it easy to spend the morning at the pool and the afternoon at the beach. Food at the hotel is pretty good and I like that there are quite a few choices. Resort fee of $25 per day includes wifi, one beach umbrella, gym and one hour kayak rental. Things that bother me are $22 valet or $12 self park fee and if you want an additional umbrella it's $25 per day. A family of four cannot fit under one umbrella. One umbrella is fine for two people. So really I was paying $62 per day for self park, resort fee and additional umbrella. Also take advantage of the $14 refill mug sold at Pazzis Restaurant. We did not know about it until the end of our trip. One drink for my kids was $3 so it would have been well worth it to buy the refill mug. A few kids activities each day. Some free, some you have to pay for. Hotel is within walking distance to a few good restaurants, a movie theater and ice cream store.
All in all a great vacation!

• Stayed: August 2014
North Naples
The Ritz-Carlton, Naples
Marco Beach Ocean Resort
#2 of 12 in Marco Island

Been to JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort? Share your experiences!