“Perfect weekday getaway”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Sarasota, Florida
“Perfect weekday getaway”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This beach resort is classy yet fun, and can entertain both young and old. Two pools: one for adults, one for kids, and separated by a building. The restaurants are pretty expensive, but the food is delicious. Service outdoors at the main restaurant was a little slow, but they made it right by taking our beverages off the bill. Sunset was phenomenal to watch, and they had a fire dancer at night. The grounds are well lit at night, and our room was clean and spacious. Since there was a light chop in the water, we weren't able to go out on the boats or kayaks, but they did have them there for use. Chairs and beach umbrellas were provided for our comfort. Coolers are frowned upon, but you can byob onto the beach. Overall my girlfriends and I had a nice few days away from working and the kids.

Room Tip: All the rooms face north and south, so you won't get a full on view of the ocean unless you pay...
Green Features: I feel any company that can help the environment is doing something right.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank 38andco

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,022)
washington, dc
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We just returned from 6 nights at the Marriott with our two teens. We hadn't been back in five years, but we were very happy with the updates to the room and the property. Our room on the 10th floor was spacious and had two queen beds and great views of the beach and Tiki pool. The room also had a well sized dressing area near the bathroom with a huge closet. I do wish the sink area (which is separate from the shower area) had double sinks. We found it rather cramped for a family of four. We also had a rollaway bed, but my daughter didn't find it terribly comfortable.

Everyone we encountered from the Marriott staff was top notch. Extra towels, blankets etc. were delivered promptly. I also prefer to have our room cleaned by early afternoon so we can relax when we are done at the pool/beach and they were always happy to accommodate that request. All it takes is a call to the front desk. I also appreciate that the $25 daily resort fee now actually gets you something including an umbrella and as many lounges on the beach that you want. The resort fee also includes a few bottles of water each day, the enhanced Wi-Fi which worked very well for us, use of a kayak in the ocean, and a few other things.

The food at the hotel was unfortunately rather mediocre (except the brunch in Tropiks which is great) and as can be expected at a resort, overpriced. The best thing I had was the grilled chicken sandwich at the Tiki bar by the pool. We ate most of our dinners off property at nearby restaurants. My kids enjoyed Pazzis for pizza. I also had some much appreciated help with dinner choices from the Concierge, Danny. Overall, this is a great resort with lots of excellent amenities including two great pools and a beautiful beach. In fact, my family loved it so much I could barely get them to leave the property over the course of 6 days. We look forward to returning!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with beach views.
1 Thank hrmomx2
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 August 2014

My family and I were super excited to stay at the Marco Island Marriott a few weeks ago, but were unfortunately pretty disappointed. For $300+ per night I was expecting a lot more. Our room had a nice view, but the mattress was in horrible condition (see photo), the furniture a bit worn and the bathroom was in need of a deep clean (see other photos). Additionally, the food was for the most part mediocre at best, and extremely overpriced. The pools were great for kids, but I was expecting more (our local YMCA has a nicer kids pool!), and the beach left a lot to be desired. Full disclosure: Upon checkout, I showed the photo of our mattress to a manager and she did refund me $150 and deposited some Marriott points into my account. She also said that they will replace the mattress, but I'm skeptical as I could not have possibly been the first to complain about that mattress. Overall, this hotel was just average and I would not stay here again.

9 Thank Honeymooners
Michael T, Manager at JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us. We value your feedback and strive to provide all our guests with a memorable experience. You indicated in your feedback that your mattress was unsatisfactory. We agree and have replaced the mattress with a new one. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Unfortunately, the mattress and bathroom vent did not meet our own expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. Again, thank you for sharing your experience and allowing us to address your concerns.
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Just got back yesterday from one of the most wonderful vacations. This was our second time to the resort, but our first with our children. They enjoyed the resort tremendously, and so did we. If you have never been to Marco, it is a definite must to visit. Our room overlooked the pool with the slide, the highlight of the resort for my daughter. We also had amazing views of the beach and gulf. Rooms are very large and plenty of space for a family of 4 with a large balcony, closet and bathroom. We didn't experience any of the issues other travelers noted. Easy to find lounge chairs at the pool and beach, very quiet hotel room, no noise issues and easy to get into restaurants. Spa and spa pool were amazing and a very relaxing experience. Only negatives that I would mention are restaurants are very expensive for the quality ($20 for 2 eggs for breakfast??, $100+ for dinner when 2 ate off the kids menu) and waitress service only at 1 of the pools, even though food/drink is available at both).

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the gulf and beach and on a higher floor for better views.
1 Thank vickieDOTcom
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I always look forward to vacationing at the Marco Island Marriott Resort.
Yes location is everything but as important are the amenities and staff. The resort is well maintained, the rooms are bright, clean and extremely comfortable. I have to admit I've been spoiled by the Direct Gulf view but I can tell you you won't be disappointed with the partial gulf views.
The resort has a number of on grounds restaurants all of which have something different to offer.
On my current stay my family and I went to Quinn's on beach and the food was very good our sever Tolya was amazing. Tolya was on top of everthing and made sure our dinning experience was a great one.
We also went to Tropiks for the all u can eat breakfast buffet it had more choices than I could decide on. Our server Natalia was exceptional she never let out juice glasses run out and she was just so pleasant and nice. She too was very attentive to our needs.
During the day pool side we frequented the tiki bar. We were greeted by Bobbie G who really knows how to serve up a cold beverage when you need it. He was funny and has a good sense of humor.
One day for lunch we order food from the tiki bar and it was really good even if it was just a few hot dogs. Lucy the tiki hut cook did a good job service with a smile.
In closing I would highly recommend the Marco Mariott to couples and families looking to get away and have a good time and be taken care of by some really nice folks

• Stayed August 2014
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I travelled just a short distance (from Naples) to spend a few days at the resort to "get away". As always, you couldn't ask for more! Impeccable grounds, pool, beach, restaurant (Quinns) and service. Paradise Defined!!

Room Tip: Get a gulf view room - amazing view.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank micheeel
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The Marco Island Marriott Resort is a fabulous getaway if you want to hangout at one place and veg! The beach is large and very expansive! Plenty for everyone to do. The pool is a blast also when you are fried from the beach!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Marco Island Lakeside Inn
Marco Island Lakeside Inn
#4 of 12 in Marco Island
Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort

Been to JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort? Share your experiences!