I have stayed at the Hilton and Marco Ocean Beach Resort in the past, but I wanted to give the Marriott a try this time. What a major disappointment! I would've had less stress if I had stayed at home. This place should be called "Marriott Family Resort"...not Resort and Spa. My wife and I were celebrating our 17th Anniversary. We arrived on a Friday and never knew it was a Nickelodeon Weekend. You would've thought you were in a large orphanage with kids running wild all over the place. Grant it, idiot parents are mostly to blame. They allow them to play in the hall, run back and forth to nearby "friends" rooms, scream and be noisy, and most of all, hijack both pools. When we complained about the noise level in our room, the front desk girl said "sorry, this a family resort..." I wished I would've known! Although the resort got rid of half of the patrons after Sunday, it was still a zoo. We had a nice room on the 6th floor. Bathroom was a little smaller than the Hilton and the Marco Ocean. Hallway door is not soundproof at all. You hear everything! Maid service was good, but each day the time was inconsistant and we'd come and go for an hour or two....sometimes the room was made, sometimes not. No turndown service, no big deal to me. Bed was comfy. We bought a fan at Wal-Mart just to make cover the noise at nighttime. There are two pools, one for kids and one for anyone...but mostly kids. You're lucky to find a spot poolside. While in the pool, be prepared for loud kids running, screaming, throwing things...and their idiot parents not teaching them proper behavior. Lounge chairs beachside are free. Extra costs for umbrellas or chickie huts, or equipment. Again, lazy people leaving their towels when they're done instead of properly returning them so you know what chairs are available. Self parking is $12 a day. The lot is across the street. It was so crowded on the weekend, the only spots left were at the end of their long lot almost in front of the Marco Ocean Resort. Fitness Center was very nice. Some equipment was squeaky and needed maintenance...but overall very good. We opted not to eat in their expensive restaurants or use the spa. We almost left after two days, but we opted to stay and suffer. We love Marco and we'll return to the island.....we just won't return to this resort unless they change their ways.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort is a renowned vacation playground that opens guests up to the world around them and creates an authentic sense of place. Situated on a sprawling private white sand beach along the tranquil waters of the Gulf of Mexico, the enchanting ecosystem of the Florida Everglades is at our doorstep and provides myriad opportunities for exploration and adventure. Experience true luxury in our newly renovated guest rooms and suites, feed your intellect through our locally sourced menu selections and interactive food and beverage experiences, and find balance, health, and harmony at our Spa by JW(R). Following a $320 million renovation, our resort pays homage to the Balinese-inspired Marco Island heritage and provides leisure and business travelers with everything they need. Two private 18-hole championship golf courses, three swimming pools, 10 restaurants, an array of water sports and recreational activities, and a children's Tiki Tribe camp deliver endless opportunities for relaxation and fun. JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort is an immersive sanctuary where guests can delve deeper into their passions while enjoying our legendary warm, attentive service delivered by those who genuinely love what they do. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Odigeo, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marco Island Marriott Resort, Golf Club And Spa
- Marco Island Marriott Resort, Golf Club Hotel Marco Island
- Marriott Marco Island
- JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort Florida