“Awesome hotel!”

Olde Marco Island Inn and Suites
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Marco Island
Reviewed 9 April 2014

So much "bang for our buck!" All rooms here are two bedroom suites with two full bathrooms and a full kitchen, perfect for a 5 night stay for our family of four. Everything was clean, tidy and up to date with a colorful island feel. Oh, and did I mention the huge lanai? Short ride, walk or bike ride to the two popular public beaches. Restaurants and stores all within quick walking distance. We fell in love with Marco Island on this trip and will be coming back soon - and staying at the Old Marco Island Inn & Suites! I also want to add that the friendly lady at the front desk that checked us in really did a great job explaining the layout of the island to us and great things to see and do - very friendly!! We actually ended up going with a few of her excursion suggestions :)

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank JMKtraveling
Randy B, Manager at Olde Marco Island Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Thank you so much for your "Awesome" review of our hotel! It seems you have found a great place to return when coming back to Marco Island.
We appreciate all of your kind words and are glad you found our hotel and the surrounding activities to your liking.
We look forward to your return to paradise soon!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

I stayed here for a week during March 2014. With the exception of Karen at the front desk, the rest of the staff (cleaning ladies, white male maintenance / grounds keeper, and other front desk staff), they are all rude.

I've been to many hotels that offer free towels for pool use or gym or bathroom replacements, but this place is VERY stingy and will not give you towels nor anything else for that matter that usually comes standard at other establishments.

Upon check-in on a Saturday, Karen at the front desk informed us that our room would be scheduled for cleanup on Wednesday. When Wednesday morning came around, we tidied up a bit and threw our used towels all piled up on one corner of the floor as is customary in many hotels and to help the cleaning ladies so they would not have to collect all of them separately to have them washed, or so I thought that's what they would do. Instead, even with the sign on the door to come in for cleaning, the cleaning crew never showed up. We even called the front desk and they said they will drop by. They never showed up as the towels were still on the floor and everything was still as is with no toilet paper replacement nor tissues provided. Of course we were in and out of our room throughout the day but when 3 or 4 pm rolled around and we called the front desk again, the male concierge snippily replied that the cleaning lady did in fact show up and cleaned our room. He even argued with us stating it was done and he had a signed sheet from the cleaning lady saying our room was cleaned. He apparently accepted the cleaning lady's word or made it up and didn't want to hear that our room was not cleaned. He neither apologized nor made any motion to rectify the situation. Because we threw our used towels to the floor thinking the cleaning lady would replace ours but instead never showed up, we now needed new towels for the rest of the week. We called the front desk again and asked for replacement towels and he reluctantly told us to come down to grab some replacement ones. I went downstairs to grab the towels from the male Caucasian concierge who I spoke to on the phone and he was obviously upset about handing me towels.

We used the kitchen during the entire week and wanted to run the dish washer to clean our glasses, plates and utensils, but the cleaning lady said they only give us one on the first day and we were supposed to buy our own for the rest of the week. On another occasion we used the small but decent sized outdoor pool that you have to walk across the parking lot to get to, and there were beach towels as can be seen in the window of the building labeled as the hotel "cafe" immediately next to the pool which was obviously supposed to be for the guests, but the doors to get to the pool towels were always locked. I get the feeling the staff are keeping these guest resources for themselves. We had to re-use our room towels instead. The cleaning ladies didn't want to give us any towels.

Near the 2nd to the last day of our stay or so, two of us were downstairs by our parked vehicle waiting for two other friends to show up. The maintenance man went to the 4th floor overlooking the parking lot and started using a leaf blower to push dirt directly over our heads below at the parking lot. I know he saw us because the building is L shaped and he not only walked past us in the parking lot but also waved hi at the top prior to using the leaf blower. He looked over the balcony and didn't say sorry at all. He just smiled and looked down at our direction, but luckily I saw him doing this and we moved out of the way in time before he could blow any leaves / dirt at our heads.

Wi-Fi is unreliable at this place. It was completely down for an entire day during the week.

Our tv remote was partially broken with the down button not working, so if you missed a channel, you couldn't go back. Or if you were changing the tv menu settings, you had to keep toggling up to cycle through everything. There was only one dvd player and it was in one of the guest rooms. We moved this to the main living room to watch movies late in the evening, but the dvd player does not come with any remote control. The dvd box itself only comes with a play / pause and open dvd and power button. If you missed a scene because someone spoke or you got interrupted, there's no way to rewind nor fast forward at all - not from the tv remote nor the missing dvd remote. We even tried downloading android universal remotes but they were not working with these cheap hotel dvd and tv.

The rooms are not sound proof so you will hear people walking above your head.

The only thing that is redeeming with this place is that it's in a secluded area at one end of the island away from the commercialized Marriot / Hilton buildings.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank LoneRogue

I am truly sorry to read of your recent experience at our hotel and apologize for the lack of service and the poor response from our staff members. We truly missed the mark in several areas and there is no excuse for the situations you encountered.
Rest assured, I will address each of the shortcomings with our staff to insure these types of situations will not happen in the future. From housekeeping to maintenance to our front desk staff, there is no excuse in not providing a high level of service and professionalism. Again, my sincerest apologies.
If you would like to discuss the details of your stay further, please contact me at your earliest convenience at 239-280-1741.

Respectfully,
Randy Bayard

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I spent 6 nights on Marco Island recently. I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. It was very reasonably priced. Very Clean and beautiful in the rooms. We had great weather. Food on the island was great and I loved Bistro Soleil. Hotel was near cute shops and bar, which we loved. Our room had a small kitchen that we did not use but seemed very nice. The breakfast place, Petit Soleil was wonderful and they had yummy waffles!!! We spent much time by the lovely shaded pool! Great Price, great vacation!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kimberly F
Randy B, Manager at Olde Marco Island Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Thank you so much for the "Excellent, Excellent, Excellent" review of our hotel! We are so pleased that you found all aspects of the property to your liking and took the time to share such wonderful comments!
We'll look forward to having you as our guest in the future!

Reviewed 19 March 2014

We spent two nights on Marco Island. This hotel was one of the most reasonably priced. It was clean and spacious. We would definitely stay there again. Wish they would accept dogs, but Marco is a very dog unfriendly place if you're vacationing. The restaurant does not serve breakfast, but each suite has a kitchenette in it.

Room Tip: Try for a water facing suite on the west side. Otherwise all locations are good
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cheryl B
Randy B, Manager at Olde Marco Island Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent stay. I'm pleased to read you found our accommodations clean and spacious. I'm sorry we do not allow pets as each suite is privately owned and therefore we cannot accommodate pets. During your next visit, stop by the Petit Soleil restaurant adjacent to the hotel that serves both breakfast and lunch; a short walk from your suite!

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Upon arrival at 2:00 p. m., greeting was cold and we were told our room would not be ready for another hour. It was actually after four until our room was ready. I told the desk person I was concerned about refrigeration for my husband's insulin and all I got was a blank stare. Even the smallest of chain hotels have offered to help with refrigeration. We were meeting cousins for a little reunion so the two bedroom suite was great. The suite was clean, comfortable and well-appointed, actually quite lovely. The location, nex to shops, bars, etc was wonderful. The desk person was very busy, but some guests appeared more equal than others and were given information and a warm reception. All four of us found this rather puzzling, as we were very polite. If you're in the hospitality industry and other guests are nearby, you need to offer everyone the same hospitality. Other employees also flitted by without acknowledging us, although there was a feeling that the place was very under-employed.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank EdithR514
Randy B, Manager at Olde Marco Island Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thank you so much for your response regarding your recent stay with us. I was pleased to read you found the accommodations clean and comfortable. However, I was disappointed to read that the service levels you encountered were not up to our standards. Rest assured, I will discuss your concerns with our staff to insure we will continue to provide consistent, friendly service to all of our guests.
I truly hope you enjoyed your stay and choose to return to The Olde Marco Island Inn and Suites in the future.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by the suite, the view , and the location. The service needs some help. On the first full day, I called the front desk for towels and was told I needed to find the maid in my building and ask for towels. I did so, as did many others. The maids do not speak a word of English, and were surrounded by vacationers who believed they could yell at these poor women enough to make them speak English. The third day, we went to the restaurant for the happy hour advertised in the elevators. We were told there was no such thing and that they were having a private party. We were ushered out of the restaurant like common criminals and the front desk had no idea what was going on. They gave their rehearsed answer of, 'not my problem'. Love the place. They really need new staff, then I would return for an extended stay.

Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank brwb

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your thoughts regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read that you found the accommodations a pleasant surprise. Unfortunately, I was disappointed to read that the service levels from our staff were not up to our standards. As you know, without receiving a high level of service throughout your stay can lead to an overall disappointing stay.
I will discuss your comments with our staff and with our partners in restaurant as well.
I truly hope you will return for an extended stay in the future and allow us to provide you the level of service to which we are both accustomed.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite, specifically unit 405. The accommodations were clean and roomy for our family of 4. Our girls loved having their own queen size bed and not having to sleep with one another! :) The lanai was a great place to eat and take in the view. We all enjoyed the pool and hot tub. The heated pool was great! It was a relaxing and quiet place. There was never more than a few people by the pool. It made you feel like the pool was yours! We liked that the hotel was on the quiet end of town which made it even better! Marco Island was beautiful and a place I would love to vacation @ again. Hopefully, see you next yr. I will recommend the Inn to friends & family!

Room Tip: We stayed in 405. It was well maintained and perfect for a family of 4.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Paula C

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your relaxing stay with us! It is always a pleasure to read that our Inn has exceeded the expectations of our guests.

I certainly hope to see you again in the future and thank you for recommending our resort to your family and friends!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marco Island
Edgewater Beach Hotel
#12 of 59 in Naples
Marco Beach Ocean Resort
#2 of 12 in Marco Island

Been to Olde Marco Island Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!