“Plesant Surprise”

Marco Island Lakeside Inn
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Marco Island
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We took a mini vacay with the inlaws. Instead of the Keys, we opted Marco Island. I left this trip to my hubby, I was burned out from organizing my family reunion in CA. I was so surprised by the hotel, the nightly price made me nervous. I work for an airline so I travel a lot. This hands down is the cleaniest hotel I've ever stayed in. It is an older hotel, but there was not "old hotel" smell anywhere. I would stay here again and again. The staff is so friendly. My husband has a disabilty that requires his legs to be elevated at night. We order extra pillows in advance to accomadate when we travel. We did so on this trip too. They forgot to place the pillows in the room. By the time we returned from dinner the office staff went home for the evening. We did a courtesy phone call to have the pillows for the following day. One of the staff member returned after hours that night to bring pillows. I was shocked when the knock at the door was the sweetest little lady, with black curly hair. She remembered seeing the order and wanted him to be comfortable. I was once again plesantly surprised. The kitchenette was very convient. The screened poarch allowed me to enjoy tea and a novel in the am. I felt so rested.
We even had the opportunity to see a gator cruising across the lake.
I will be back to enjoy another relaxing mini vacay soon.

Room Tip: The rooms with the patios facing the lake give a serene atmosphere.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
MarcoIslandLakeside, General Manager at Marco Island Lakeside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2013

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all your lovely comments and for noticing how clean the rooms are! Our housekeepers work really hard to keep them that way! I was the woman who brought the pillows for your husband that night so I appreciate your mentioning it and I am glad they made his stay more comfortable. I am glad you came away from your stay feeling frested and relaxed and we would love to see you "again and again"!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Lake Side Inn is a beautiful place to spend a week away from work. We had a great time. The room we stayed in was so clean and very comfortable. View of the lake from our deck was nice also. Would highly recommend Lake Side Inn to future visitors of Marco Island.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank LovetotravelwithPres
MarcoIslandLakeside, General Manager at Marco Island Lakeside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

It's so important to take a vacation and relax, recharge and reconnect with your family. We are happy that we could help you do that during your week here! Thank you for mentioning how clean and comfortable our rooms are, and for your recommendation!

Hope to see you again,

Reviewed 6 August 2013

We stayed here for just under a week. It was a phenominal value. Hotel was clean and the small kitchen very convenient - we made breakfast every morning. The only issue we had was that there are no vents in the room to circulate air. The bathroom would become incredibly hot after showers and the heat would radiate into the room. The AC worked pretty well but was constantly running on high to cool the room. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013
MarcoIslandLakeside, General Manager at Marco Island Lakeside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Hi Amanda,

Thanks for your review! I am glad you found the inn to be such a phenomenal value and and were able to take advantage of the kitchenette. You are right about the bathroom sometimes getting a bit steamy and we are looking into either a bathroom vent or a ceiling fan for the main room. We do listen to each guests' comments and try to use them to improve the hotel. I am happy to know that you would stay with us again!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 3 August 2013

We were in Lakeside last summer. It was awesome. The place was so relaxing and quite. The staff were friendly and splendid. We had a super good time there! The rooms were so cleaned that my son took out the soaps home. We would like to go back there! Special thanks TO MARCIA.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank diane i
MarcoIslandLakeside, General Manager at Marco Island Lakeside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2013

Thank you, Diane for the lovely review. I am glad you found us to be clean and quiet, and mostly that you had such a good time here! we would love for you to come back too! And thanks for remembering me!

Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

Great little place. Super clean rooms.Very comfortable bed. Nice pool area. Very friendly front desk people. Kitchen is just big enough for a nice meal...made breakfasts very easy. Central location to restaurants and tour meet-up points.
We had a very nice week here. (And I got to beat my husband Monopoly which you can borrow at the front desk!)

• Stayed: July 2013
MarcoIslandLakeside, General Manager at Marco Island Lakeside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

I'm glad you enjoyed your week here and especially beating your husband at Monopoly! It's also rewarding to know that you found our rooms to be super clean and our bed very comfortable. We hope you'll come and stay with us again, and give your husband another chance at Monopoly!

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Not directly at the beach, but with a pool and deck chairs facing a lovely lake. Going to the beach is easy enough with complementary sun chairs, towels and umbrellas.
The whole place is so nicely prepared and decorated, it might serve as a perfect honeymoon location.
My daughter was all ahhh... and ....wonderful...
The staff are all very friendly and made sure we had a wonderful stay.
Too far away for usfor a quick visit, but surely, somday again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Pe K
MarcoIslandLakeside, General Manager at Marco Island Lakeside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Dear Peter,

We so enjoyed having you and your family stay with us- it is a shame Germany is so far away! Thank you for the lovely review and I'm I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed the pool, the lake, and of course, the room. We hope you have very fond memories of Florida and Marco Island!

Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

My husband & I stayed here for 2 nights to celebrate our one year anniversary. It was very quaint & quiet. Loved that it had a kitchen in the room, got a lot of use out of the refrigerator. Will definitely recommend to others & stay here again if we return to Marco Island.

• Stayed: July 2013
MarcoIslandLakeside, General Manager at Marco Island Lakeside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Thank you so much for reviewing our property. I am so glad you chose us for your anniversary celebration and that you enjoyed the quaint atmosphere and the peace and quiet. We would love to see you again, and of course are always thrilled when someone says they would recommend us !

Thanks!

Old Naples
Bellasera Resort
Bellasera Resort
#2 of 59 in Naples

Been to Marco Island Lakeside Inn? Share your experiences!