We took a mini vacay with the inlaws. Instead of the Keys, we opted Marco Island. I left this trip to my hubby, I was burned out from organizing my family reunion in CA. I was so surprised by the hotel, the nightly price made me nervous. I work for an airline so I travel a lot. This hands down is the cleaniest hotel I've ever stayed in. It is an older hotel, but there was not "old hotel" smell anywhere. I would stay here again and again. The staff is so friendly. My husband has a disabilty that requires his legs to be elevated at night. We order extra pillows in advance to accomadate when we travel. We did so on this trip too. They forgot to place the pillows in the room. By the time we returned from dinner the office staff went home for the evening. We did a courtesy phone call to have the pillows for the following day. One of the staff member returned after hours that night to bring pillows. I was shocked when the knock at the door was the sweetest little lady, with black curly hair. She remembered seeing the order and wanted him to be comfortable. I was once again plesantly surprised. The kitchenette was very convient. The screened poarch allowed me to enjoy tea and a novel in the am. I felt so rested.
We even had the opportunity to see a gator cruising across the lake.
I will be back to enjoy another relaxing mini vacay soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marco Island Lakeside Inn sits two miles from Marco Island beaches and boasts a sparkling-heated pool and affordable rates year round. Come and enjoy the only Lakeside getaway on Marco Island. A Cozy Island Getaway. Our 19-suite Marco Island Inn offers two two-bedroom suites, 10 one-bedroom suites and seven studio suites. Our spacious and comfortable suites have been recently remodeled and decorated with a cottage chic decor reminiscent of Old Florida and Key West. Each hideaway is thoughtfully appointed with a fresh, clean white and beige pallet and select floral accents. Wicker cottage-style furniture tastefully completes the setting for an island atmosphere. Imagine French doors, private decks, lake views, tropical breezes and blue skies....You are at Marco Island Lakeside Inn. Lakeview Suites offer a screened-in balcony overlooking the Marco Lake, which is designated a natural habitat for local birds, ducks and turtles to name a few. It is the perfect place to sit and enjoy a cocktail before dinner while taking in the serene atmosphere. Our beautifully landscaped inn is located off the beaten track but close to everything. It is a serene sanctuary and a great retreat from the atmosphere of the large resorts and high rises. You will feel right at home the moment you enter. Our friendly staff is quite informative about the local area and offers a personalized experience of Marco Island. If you are looking to escape your fast paced life and slow down for a while, you will want to stay here. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your Marco Island Lakeside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marco Island Lakeside Hotel Marco Island
- Lakeside Inn Marco Island
- Marco Island Lakeside Inn Florida