“Spend the extra money and stay at the Marriott!”

Marco Island Lakeside Inn
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Marco Island
New York City, New York
“Spend the extra money and stay at the Marriott!”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Spend the extra hundred dollars and stay at the Marriott! Not sure how this property got such rave reviews! The room looked nice enough once you're in it, (outside looks like an old motel) however the over powering smell of Fabreeze is way too much! My daughter has asthma and we decided not to stay the night. They won't refund any part of my payment. Not a great location either! Very disappointed in how they handled my reservation.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank W307
MarcoIslandLakeside, General Manager at Marco Island Lakeside Inn, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Wendy,

Thank you for taking the time to express your opinion about the Marco Island Lakeside Inn. We are never happy to have a disappointed guest under any circumstance even when they don’t actually stay at the Hotel. As you pointed out, most people truly enjoy the Inn and Staff here, and say so; I am very sorry not to have had that opportunity with you,

All the best,
Marcia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Hopatcong, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We booked a single bedroom unit with a lake view through the Travel Advantage Network (TAN). For anyone looking for a budget vacation in a great location, this is it. The Lakeside Inn is almost central to all the important parts of the island as you have a great nearby marina, all the shopping you could need, and plenty of places to get to the beach. Marco Island doesn't have a ton of places to access the beach if you aren't a resident or staying at one of the more expensive hotels but the ladies at the front desk can certainly help you get to the beach and not pay an arm and a leg. They also gave us great recommendations for an eco tour to see dolphins (read the review here: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g34420-d1574690-r212236146-The_Dolphin_Explorer-Marco_Island_Florida.html#REVIEWS).

Our room was beach themed (as if you had any doubt it would be) and very comfortable. The extra blankets in the bedroom closet were great for just snuggling up on the couch after a long day on the beach. We cooked breakfast in the room almost every morning and made several lunches and dinners there as well. Whatever we needed for cooking was already there and when we asked for an extra sheet pan, they office had no problem giving us one. I really do wish I could remember the names of the ladies in the office (I believe one was Marsha) but they were both just so friendly and helpful. You can tell they truly love running the place and the cleaning staff was meticulous in cleaning our room while also respecting our belongings.

While we did not spend much of our time in the room (because hey, why would you when you could be at the beach, out on a boat, or exploring the Everglades?), we did make friends with one of the inn's resident cats whom we named "Handsome" due to his unique markings and great personality. We grew so fond of Handsome that I even made him his own hamburger for dinner one night.

Thank you so much to the staff at Marco Island Lakeside Inn and my wife and I really look forward to returning.

Note: As to the reviewer who insinuated that these reviews may be false, I encourage her to contact me and check out my other reviews. Everything I post is 100% genuine.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a view of the lake.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 865jimc865
MarcoIslandLakeside, General Manager at Marco Island Lakeside Inn, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear Jim,

Thank you so much for your extensive and educational review. We really appreciate the time it takes to write a good TripAdvisor review and it means a lot to us. I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself here and enjoyed the tour with the Dolphin explorer. That particular adventure was listed as one of the 10 experiences that will change your child's life! Not that you have to be a child to enjoy it it!

I'm glad you enjoyed the kitchen and found our little office to have those little extras we don't normally put in all the rooms!

It sounds like you really got to see what it's like to live in paradise- from the beaches, to the Everglades to going boating- it's a great place to live or visit!

I'm glad you enjoyed "Handsome" so much- he isn't really ours- he lives next door but his owners let him out and when sweet folks like you cook him hamburgers you can see why he likes to spend his time here! I loved the photo of him that you took.

Thanks for the nice things you said about our cleaning staff and our front desk staff as well. You are absolutely right- I do love working here and so does everyone one else!

We would love to see you and your wife here again!

North Carolina
Reviewed 5 July 2014

When we got there, the hostess at the reception area was super-nice and friendly. She gave us the keys and patiently answered my questions...then we hit the room. While decorated very "beachy", I did note that some areas were a bit worn - like the carpet in the dining area,and the painting touch-ups on the wall.

HOWEVER...after a little while, I could have cared less...why? First, the location is beyond perfect. There is a pool RIGHT there, and seeing as there aren't many children visiting this place, it's QUIET. There is also a small beach on the lake RIGHT behind the pool....my favorite spot to relax in a lounge chair and read (and watch the birds, too). There is also a cabana and a grill for guest use. Our unit also had a screened porch.

We only had a week there. I could have used more. Such a nice place to RELAX and UNWIND!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank drpclarke
MarcoIslandLakeside, General Manager at Marco Island Lakeside Inn, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
We love being a "nice Surprise!"

Thanks for taking the time to write us such a nice review. I'm glad you got a chance to really relax and unwind- that's our goal- almost our motto!

I'm glad you liked the beachy decor and had the opportunity to enjoy both the pool and the relaxing quiet sandy lounging beach on the lake. The screened porch is a nice plus ,too.

We'd love to see you again!

Pembroke pines
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

I wonder if some of the reviews for this hotel are fake. I just find it hard to believe that so many people raved about it after my experience. I will say this, if the rate had been cheaper I would have been satisfied with my stay. I just didn't think it was worth the price that I paid.

I would like to start with some good points. The staff was really nice and the linens were excellent (really puffy comforter and the pillows didn't seem cheap). Also, not sure if all the rooms have this, but our room had a (good) fully-stocked kitchen.

And now the bad parts. The a/c in our room wasn't working. It was stifling. The lady at the front desk, who was very sweet, offered to upgrade us to a two-bedroom room and that was done quickly. And I get it, these things happen. Inconvenient but not the end of the world. The real downside is that we lost our lake view and the balcony facing the lake. Which brings us to my second issue. The term "lakeside" really doesn't describe this hotel. More like "pond side". For those of you expecting a great lake view, prepare for disappointment. The "lake" is very small and the view on the right is of some rundown two-story buildings.

My last issue is that the hotel really isn't maintained. Ever heard the term "shabby chic"? It fits. There was paint chipping, cracks in the floor tile, and the attic access cover was also cracked.

I would like to reiterate that this hotel would have been great for less money. $170 per night for this "lake view" room was super disappointing.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Tamara612
MarcoIslandLakeside, General Manager at Marco Island Lakeside Inn, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Tamara,

Thank you for your review and for taking the time to write it. I am glad you enjoyed both the linens and the staff and, yes, all the kitchens are fully-stocked as yours was.

Although it seems like you were disappointed in your stay, I have inspected both rooms (the initial room you were in for an hour with the air conditioning problem) and the 2-Bedroom Suite I upgraded you to. I could find no peeling paint anywhere but I did find some bubbling paint on the bathroom ceiling of the first room, so thanks for letting us know we may have a small plumbing leak. The 2" crack in the wooden ceiling attic access in the 2- Bedroom suite you spent the night in was just recently done by the new air conditioning system we just had installed. You may remember I mentioned that to you that the air conditioning system there was brand new.. But it should have been replaced and both problems will be repaired on Friday.

The lake is not huge- about the size of 4 football fields, but I would say considerably larger than a pond. Most people enjoy the bird life and the natural surroundings, but it sounds like you did not, for which I am sorry. You did book the room online and there is a photo of the lake so it should not have been a big surprise that it is not anything like Lake Michigan or whatever you were comparing it to.

Again, I am sorry you were unhappy with your stay, as we do our best to make every guest's visit everything they hoped it would be. We obviously fell short of that with you.

Kind Regards,
South Florida, Florida
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My fiance and I were in need of a weekend getaway and we'd never been to Marco Island before so we had no idea what to expect. As soon as we checked into our cozy, homey, quaint and adorable room we knew we were in for a wonderful weekend. Not only are the rooms cozy, but, living up to its name, the inn is right on a cute little lake with its own little white sandy beach. There are ample lounge chairs, regular chairs, little tables to set your drink, and of course a hammock. My favorite part of the visit was walking right out our door a few steps to the beach with a cup of coffee and watching a family of ducklings follow their mom around in the lake. We also got to witness some pretty cool wildlife of a Florida bird wrestling with a fish that it caught that was too big for its beak! I know exactly where we'll be staying the next time we need a rejuvenating and peaceful weekend getaway.
Also, Marco Island is not very big, so even though your not staying on the water, you're just a 5-minute drive (or cab ride) from any restaurants or bars you'd want to visit. I highly recommend the value of staying at this quaint little inn rather than blowing a wad of cash to stay in a busy high rise on the beach where the staff doesn't even know you exit.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bunny_Mama87
MarcoIslandLakeside, General Manager at Marco Island Lakeside Inn, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Thank you so much for your terrific review! We are so appreciative of all the reviews we get but yours was particularly rewarding!

I am so glad that you and your fiance loved the cozy and quaint room. We pretty much raised those little ducklings ourselves so we're delighted you enjoyed them!

And you are so right about only being 5 minutes from anywhere, yet still surrounded by nature. We'd sure love to have you come back again!

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband and I came for a quick look at Marco Island, we were pleasantly surprised with the room. I loved the cleaning details, and the high end feel of the linens. The foliage around the grounds were well kept and very tropical. We will come back when we have more time to stay. Marcia the Manager is the best.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank blackirishmoon
MarcoIslandLakeside, General Manager at Marco Island Lakeside Inn, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Ramona,

Thank you so much for your great review! It's always rewarding when a guest says I was "pleasantly surprised with the room".. I'm glad you appreciated the lovely linens and the tropical foliage that our maintenance man tries to hard to keep improving! And our housekeepers really do their very best to keep the rooms sparkling clean! We'd love to see you again! And thanks for your kind words about me!

dublin
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

This inn was an absolute find. From the second I checked in I knew I had chosen the perfect place for my stay on Marco Island. The reception staff were so helpful and always had great Resturant recommendations. The rooms had everything possible you could need and are a very good size. They are extremely clean and the beds are really comfortable. The little things like great BBQ facilities and beach umbrellas is what sets this inn above the rest. Highly recommend this Inn for your stay on Marco Island.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Irishskibunny23
MarcoIslandLakeside, General Manager at Marco Island Lakeside Inn, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you so much for writing about your positive experience at our inn. We value your opinion! You are so right about it being the little things that set us apart. I'm happy you had the chance to enjoy the BBQ facilities and the beach umbrellas. We try to have everything in the room you'll need and you are so right- our beds are really comfy and our housekeepers work very hard to keep all our rooms spotless.

Thanks for letting us how you liked our restaurant suggestions adn that we were able to be helpful to you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marco Island
Old Naples
Hyatt House Naples
Hyatt House Naples
#5 of 59 in Naples

Been to Marco Island Lakeside Inn? Share your experiences!