Regretfully, our time here was brief; wish we could have stayed much longer! Everything at this lovely hotel was exactly what you'd want and expect: well-appointed accommodations, friendly and knowledgeable staff who strive to make your stay with them perfect.
Our check in was speedy and thorough, the desk staff friendly and courteous.
Our single bedroom suite was spectacular; the 9th floor view of the Gulf and sunsets a knockout! The grounds are lush and beautifully arranged with lots of open space and native plantings.
The bed was huge and very comfortable, no wrestling with the pillows to get them positioned for sleep, just lie your head down and drift away.
It was great to have a kitchen for that morning tea, or to keep cold beverages and snacks on hand. Televisions are provided in both the living room and bedroom.
We were impressed with the white sand beach, which is very well kept, and the attentive staff who assist with complimentary towels, beach chairs and umbrellas. We did miss the smoothies which are provided at 3pm daily.
The bar near the beach was our happy-hour hangout each day, as the staff was so energetic and fun. (Drinks which would have otherwise been pricey were 2 for 1, and food is also discounted during happy hour. Try the sweet chili chicken!)
Our valet was prompt and professional, always smiling and offering directions at every departure and assistance with bundles at every arrival.
As far as in-hotel meals go, breakfast was a bit formal for us, but the wait staff was excellent, as was the food. (Personal recommendations would be the frittata or the waffle with ricotta cream and chocolate) Until the morning weather warms up, bring a sweater, as dining is on the terrace and can be breezy.
Fine dining at Sal e Pepe was everything you'd expect at an upscale restaurant (4 Diamond); the food was beautiful as well as delicious, with elegant service being the perfect accompaniment to the superb meal. We didn't avail ourselves of the wine steward's service, but are certain the selections would have provided the perfect balance to the palate.
Housekeeping services were twice-daily, performed thoroughly and unobtrusively, as we were on several occasions enjoying time on the balcony as the suite was being tidied and replenished. A problem with our cooktop was resolved as soon as the staff was made aware.
We cannot say enough good things about our experience at Marco Beach Ocean Resort. We truly cannot wait to return and although we have just come home yesterday, we are eyeing the calendar for a return date as soon as possible. A slice of paradise!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort epitomizes the AAA Five-Diamond standards. Marco Beach Ocean Resort features casual and elegant dining, a spa and fitness center, pool and hot tub, rooftop gardens, four miles of white sand beach and nearby golf, tennis and shopping. Complimentary smoothies on the beach and pool offered daily at 3pm. Wireless internet available complimentary to guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, 5viajes2012 S.L., Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Marco Beach Ocean Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marco Beach Ocean Hotel Marco Island
- Marco Island Beach Ocean Resort
- Marco Beach Resort
- Marco Island Beach Ocean Hotel
- Marco Beach Ocean Resort Marco Island, Florida