Made a reservation for a 5th floor garden terrace room - well in advance. Upon checkin, our we were put in room 607. This was a 6th floor room with a balcony, (no garden terrace). We specifically asked for a garden terrace room so we would be able to exit our terrace and go directly to the pool. Unfortunately the balcony in room 607 was directly over the entrance to the building so anyone going into the hotel from the beach to the walked directly underneath our balcony. I called the front desk at once and told them the room was not what we reserved. I was told there was nothing that could be done for 2 days since they were booked. NOTHING - When I asked to speak to a manager, I was told I was speaking to a manager. Two days later we were moved, but the sour taste was left in my mouth. Prior to leaving the resort I complained again and was given free breakfast. This should have been offered way before the day we left. This resort is in no way comparible to any Ritz Carlton out there. Besides this, there were good and bad about this resort as follows:
Good: Beautiful grounds, nice beach, pretty lobby, restaurant, and public areas, big bathroom and decent size rooms in general
Bad: Customer Service, towels in pool area were empty quite often, outdated furniture and TV's in room, maid service was not good - 1/2 of the week they didn't even fold up the pull out couch. Fitness center was a joke - very small - one of the two treadmills was not working and there was no attempt to fix it.
Tip: Davinchi's restaurant and Joes was awsome. The shelling tour was good as well
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort epitomizes the AAA Five-Diamond standards. Marco Beach Ocean Resort features casual and elegant dining, a spa and fitness center, pool and hot tub, rooftop gardens, four miles of white sand beach and nearby golf, tennis and shopping. Complimentary smoothies on the beach and pool offered daily at 3pm. Wireless internet available complimentary to guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Preferred Hotels, Ebookers, Expedia, TravelUp, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marco Beach Ocean Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marco Beach Ocean Hotel Marco Island
- Marco Island Beach Ocean Resort
- Marco Beach Resort
- Marco Island Beach Ocean Hotel
- Marco Beach Ocean Resort Marco Island, Florida