“Sea Winds # 504 - Great time, incredible sunsets”
Review of Sea Winds of Marco

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marco Island
Sea Winds of Marco
Newport, Rhode Island
“Sea Winds # 504 - Great time, incredible sunsets”
Reviewed 2 December 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed here from Nov 9-16 and had a wonderful time. The place was clean, all dishes needed for a short stay, fantastic sunsets with daily appearances of dolphins, quiet place, walk to beach, great TV, wi-fi, washer/dryer and flexible owners. Would strongly reccomend this property and will stay here on our next visit to Marco.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank fitness107

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I rented two condos (Units #103, 303 -- I think) with friends through Prudential Florida Realty. Both condos had the same setup.

We actually fit 6 people in the condo. Granted, it's not exactly convenient, but it saved us some money! Doing this does require you to rearrange the furniture to pull out the couch bed. I would agree that four people at most would be most comfortable. The living room is extremely small and basically consists of a couch and TV. The kitchen has ample counter top space. My favorite part is the balcony. It's huge and every condo overlooks the ocean. We had meals on the balcony and spent a lot of time out there.

The Prudential Realty company provided us with a lot of kitchen supplies, all kinds of towels and bedding, a small collection of novels, and even some pool toys. Considering there were seven of us, we all could have left our towels at home and still have had enough to shower with and take to the beach. They also had enough plates and utensils for us all. The washer and dryer was an invaluable asset for our group. We dried our towels at the end of every day and it was nice to be able to run a load of laundry whenever we needed to.

One problem we did have was the refrigerator didn't work. Granted, we didn't use it that much, so we just put everything in the freezer, which didn't freeze.

The hot tub is way TOO hot. That sounds ironic, but it was honestly unbearable. It took a lot of coaxing to be able to sit in it. I hardly saw anyone use it. The pool is heated and kept at a nice temperature.

The negatives were the keys. You literally had to always have a key otherwise you'd be locked in or out. I understand this is common when staying at a complex like Seawinds, but I wish we were provided with more than two sets per condo. Other than that, I also wish the tennis courts had lights! It would have been nice to be able to play tennis after the sun set.

Sea Winds is in walking distance to Irish Pub, Nacho Mama's, Rookie's, Capt Brien's, a 7-Eleven gas station, and other stores and restaurants in the strip area. We frequented those places quite often.

Room Tip: If I'm correct that we stayed in the -03 units, these are right off of the elevator.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank anothermkegrl
Wilton, Connecticut
Reviewed 26 November 2011

We had a 4 unit family reunion at the sea winds, the week of Thanksgiving 2011. As it turned out we could not have picked a better location.The sun the surf and everyone one of us where very pleased.... not all of us had corner units, 2 of us had, the 2 had center units. The corner units are the way to go..... 11 of us had dinner more than once in room 1001 it is very spacious. The views are spectaular. The birds and dolphins where fun..WE can NOT wait until next year!!!!!!!! P.K.

Room Tip: Call Marie at MIR and spend a little more and get a corner unit!!!!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank pjkennedy63
Plainfield, Illinois
Reviewed 13 August 2011

We booked a second floor corner unit for the extra space and view, and it was worth the extra money. Unit 201 had been recently updated, nice couch, good view of the ocean and part of the pool. The unit was ready when we arrived, was clean, and had sufficient sleeping room, bedding, and towels for 6. We did have a problem with the dryer in the unit (which required a serviceman to come out twice), but that was the only problem with the unit itself. Lots of equipment for the beach is provided for in the unit and the storage locker.
The Sea Winds complex is right on the ocean, with just a short bridge over the beach vegetation. The pool is large with a couple of gazebos if you need to stay out of the sun. There are a number of keyed doors gates you need to go through to move around in the complex. The security is needed, however, because you are near a public beach access point. This unfortunately means that there is a lot of traffic on the beach in front of the unit. We were not expecting mosquitoes and biting flies, but there were some around the pool area, particularly early and late in the day. We also encountered problems with some of the other codo occupanys who apparently think it is OK for their young kids to use the pool and hot tub as a bathroom (even though there are bathrooms right in the back of the pool gazebo). It was also difficult at times to get on one of the two elevators, so being on the second floor helped.
Overall, we had a good time, with just a few bad things to mar the experience.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank TAXGUY_10
Miami
Reviewed 12 June 2011

I am very disappointed, I rented and paid for this property in April 2011. The contract was for a 2/2. I arrived today and find a two bedroom apartment with a shared shower between two toilets and sinks. I have contacted the realtor but I was offered to split my family into another apt 1502, which I cannot do with young children. Additionally, the apartment is very dirty - floor, furniture & sliding doors - and in terrible condition with multiple blinds missing in bedroom and living room.

Hopefully you will not rent this unit and avoid this very unpleasant experience.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
12 Thank Alvarezevonne
Oregon
Reviewed 28 January 2011

I rented the condo #1606 for the week from Aadvisors. Great location - about a 30 minute walk to the Marriott for my business conference. The most annoying problem - I was promised Wi-Fi which was not connected until day 5 and required that I call daily for updates. The owners kindly offered me a rebate for my trouble.

This is a corner unit and therefore has a GREAT view of the beach. The unit could use some updating, very 70's, but is OK. Pillows in one room were yellowed and stained (needs to be replaced) and there were hairs in the tub. The kitchen is essentially empty of any staples - bring your own. The laundry facilities in the unit were great. The pool and jacuzzi were clean and appreciated.

The building requires two different keys to get in or else you are trapped outside. Be careful! The elevator is a bit unreliable but you just need to be patient unless you want to walk up 16 flights of steps. It may take 5 minutes but eventually the elevator door will close...

This unit is not perfect but I would consider this a good value - especially if you are looking for a 2 bedroom condo with a killer ocean view.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank Adventure_Debi
Rochester
Reviewed 10 September 2010

My husband, his mother, and another couple stayed at the Sea Winds for a week. We loved the complex, the helpfulness of their staff and its location. There was always a beautiful breeze around the pool, which helped in 94 degree weather. We highly recommend the complex.

Between us we rented two different condos (601 and 306) through Marco Island Realty (MIR), and we were far from impressed by their competence. Both apartments lacked in cleanliness. Our unit, 601, was decorated with style and was more than well equipped. It had everything, including umbrellas. It deserved better than the care it was given by MIR. Unit 306 is advertised as newly renovated, but needed maintenance and the refrigerator was filthy. Rent through someone other than MRI.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
7 Thank traveler6767
LNG, Owner at Sea Winds of Marco, responded to this review, 19 November 2010
As the owner of Sea Winds 601, I appreciate your frank comments and I will discuss with our rental agent the cleanliness issue. I am glad you appreciated the decor and the fact that we have tried to put everything in the unit a renter could need to have a great, hassle free vacation. If you have any further comments or suggestions, please feel free to email me at LNGOSLEE@aol.com. Linda Goslee