All reviews pool and hot tub sunshine resort south end tennis courts living room beach towels view from the balcony condo building nice pool nice condo dvd player week stay seawind keys units vrbo realtor
Reviewed 21 January 2018

My family and I stayed in unit 1603. It was absolutely perfect for us. Lovely view of the beach and the sunset. Great amenities. The place was fully stocked with dishes and things, and the full kitchen allowed us to cook meals. We were thrilled to find plenty of beach chairs, umbrellas, and a boogie board for all of us! There was a washer and dryer which was useful as well. My mom's birthday happened while we were in Marco and we cooked her a nice dinner and had cake out on the balcony while we watched the sunset. (How often do you get to celebrate your birthday next to the ocean?) We also used the pool and hot tub occasionally... I enjoyed sitting in the hot tub at night to relax while I had my music playing in the background. Everything my family could have asked for and more!!
I also enjoyed the atmosphere of the place. The woman at the front desk was very accommodating and made sure that we knew everything we needed to know since we had never been before. All the people here are very friendly as well. 12/10!!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2017

We stayed in unit 402. We had a wonderful stay at this condo. Any shortcomings are definitely made up for by the location. The management is very responsive to any questions or concerns that might come up. It is right next store to one of the island's best beach sports bars, and walking distance to many restaurants, shopping, movie theater and miniature golf. I like how both bathrooms are off each bedroom and adjoin to the shower which can be completely closed off so it feels like two full baths. This beach condo is a very good deal for this area of Marco Island.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2017

Sea Winds 202 - booked through VRBO
Check in was a mess. We arrived at the unit and the key is not there. I was led to believe it would be by VRBO and Homeaway. Called the owner and his voice mail was full, called the VBRO phone number and left message, emailed owner. Person at the desk at Sea Winds was very helpful. She knew this unit used to be rented through Sunshine Resort Rentals and called them. They informed her that the keys were in a drop box at their office. During my entire rental experience here, I have never heard of this Sunshine Realtor and had no idea to go there. That was a mile or so away but we finally got the keys.

Then, you have to find a cart, push your loaded cart up a long, twisting ramp of brick pavers (maybe 100 ft. total) from the parking lot, and go through 2 locked gates before reaching your initially unlocked condo. Be sure to know how to get your key, because they sure are not at the unit’s office. At this point on day two I have no idea how to check out, but I guess I will find out. Also, I was expecting a parking fee of $25, but it is now $30. VRBO website needs updated. I later found the check-in instructions in the rental agreement, but I still think this should have been a separate communication or available within my VRBO trip information.

After check-in, things got better. Unit is nice, not new, but certainly lived in and without any major issues I could see the first day. Stove is small but other kitchen appliances are fine. The clothes washer is also small so expect to do frequent loads. You will be requested to detail any damage within the unit in writing upon arrival. My suspicions immediately turn to “what if I miss something?” I believe the owner should furnish a list of known issues, and then ask me to list any additional concerns.

Furnishing is nice. Some may not like the wooden chairs in the living room, but I do. There are plenty of plates, glasses, and silverware, although the unit could use another sauce pan and maybe some sheet pans or pizza pans for the oven. I had only the cast iron skillet to use in the oven. The lanai is very nice, larger than some other places I have stayed, and well-furnished as well.
Some items I expected that were not furnished:
Kitchen garbage bags, Toilet paper (one half roll in the master, none in the second bathroom, Facial tissue. Liquid dish soap, Something to scrub a pan with,

Since there were only two of us, we started using the guest bath because the shower there is nicer. But both baths are fine. Beach equipment looked good, but we had our own so it didn’t matter. The beach is nice and the view from the condo excellent. On the second floor you are high enough to be above any dune vegetation, but only one flight up if you choose to skip the elevator. Since the unit is near the public access, the beach is going to be more crowded than further north, but it certainly wasn’t overcrowded at any point. My wife found the shelling to be “very good”, especially near the breakwater at the south end of the beach.

I must say the security is high. It takes a key to access the beach, a key to leave the beach, a key to leave the condo grounds, plus, of course, your room key. Some may appreciate that. I found it a pain. As this was our first visit to Marco Island, I do not know if this is common to other units. The pool is nice, but we don’t go to the beach to swim in a pool.

My security deposit was returned one week after leaving, much earlier than I expected. I appreciated this. So, after the initial check in snafu the week was very enjoyable and I would recommend this unit to others

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

I normally stay at a condo that requires monthly stays but time constraints only slowed be to go one week. The Seawinds allows weekly renters .
THe apt itself was just ok . I feel it needs a renovation and a few amenities. Apt 406 does not have a DVD player or a smart tv . It así could use dredging up on some items to make it feel more relaxed and Beachy. IT did have beach towels but also needs freshing.
THe owner is hands on and pleasant .
THe building itself looks like time stood still 25 yrs ago. It is very dark looking and not welcoming .
There is a $30 Parking fee which I dont agree with , no covered parking.
Overall is just ok for a quick getaway but it does need sprucing up.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank italy38
Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Had a wonderful two weeks on the pristine Marco Island staying at the Sea Winds Condominium 17th floor penthouse , beautiful views north and south, all units are kept beautiful. Highly recommend, great rates.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple