“Beautiful view but terriable owner do not rent this unit”

South Seas Towers Condominiums
Reviewed 18 April 2011

Tower 1 unit 1001 needs to be totally renovated during our stay the wind blew out the bedroom windows and nearly killed my husband, instead of the owner asking if my husband was injured he charged 60$ for an old cheep lamp that the wind knocked down.I also had to buy a coffee pot and installed cable in the bedroom at my own expense and he never notified real estate that it was rented was showing the unit for him. aside from that I would recommend the south seas but just a different unit.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank maggiemay005

Reviewed 1 April 2011

For the most part we were pleased with our unit, but we did have some issues with it. Like so many homes in this part of the country, it had a tile floor throughout most of the unit. I was fine with that. But I found it peculiar that the bedrooms were carpeted. The carpet was quite dirty and in need of a good steam cleaning. The kitchen was okay--perhaps a bit small but appropriately sized for a small condo. It could have used some updating. It would be nice to see some granite and stainless steel appliances, but I realize that a retiree on a fixed income probably owned this unit. It was well stocked, with lots of pots and pans, plates, glasses, cups, and silverware. Perhaps it was a little too well stocked as we had no room to put groceries and ended up stacking stuff on the counter. The electric stove and oven, microwave, coffee pot, and toaster were all in good working condition, although we did notice the freezer door had a tendency to pop open, causing our ice cream to turn to mush the first night before we noticed the problem.

The unit did have heat and AC, but at this time of year we didn't need either. The kitchen had an overhead fan which we kept running most of the time.

We liked the furniture and found it to be in good condition. The dining table was just right for our family of four, but larger families might have had a problem. The TVs weren't big, super huge flat screens, but they were sufficient overall, except for the tiny little TV in the second bedroom which didn't work. Only one room (master bedroom) had a larger selection of cable channels.

The bathrooms are definitely on the small side. The bathtub/shower stalls were tiny and definitely needed a deep cleaning. The toilets were small and very short. We also noticed how low the counter tops were. Okay, we're a family of tall people, but I think a short little lady must be the owner of our unit because I'd never seen such a low counter. I did like having an ensuite bathroom in the master along with a nice large walk-in closet.

Our beds were comfy and we slept well. I was happy not to have morning sun, as I slept in for the first few days. The master had a firm king size bed and my kids each had a twin in the second bedroom.

But by far the best feature of this unit was its huge balcony that extended outside our living room down past the two bedrooms. The owner invested in nice patio furniture, better than a lot of the other units I saw, and we really enjoyed sitting out each night watching the sun set. It made all the little criticisms I had about this unit disappear.

Just a note: during peak periods it's tough to get a room for a non-Sunday through Sunday stay, but you can secure units through Expedia with more flexibility in your dates (we stayed Tuesday through Tuesday).

Room Tip: Rent through owner if you can
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank pjc62
Reviewed 6 March 2011

Stayed in tower 3. Very clean, nicely decorated, wonderful view.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank gjmartine
Reviewed 25 August 2010

We stayed in Tower 3 unit 1604 and had a great time. The condo was in great condition and it was right on the beach!! GREAT place for a relaxing vacation!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank vacationer83
Reviewed 21 March 2010

The condo was beautiful! The beach was very relaxing! The only problem with this place is that they have little rascal parking out back. The place is home to the walking dead. Yes it is very peaceful. This place is very good for the older crowd. I would recommend it to that crowd. On the other hand Goodland is close by and we had a ton of fun there.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank OzarkCobalt007
Reviewed 9 March 2010

Stayed in Tower 1, #1503 - Wing unit and it was gorgeous! You could see all the way to Naples from the dining room windows! The view from the balcony is also to die for! We could see the beach and the sunsets every night. The living room furniture was recently upgraded and there is a brand new dining room set. There is a brand new flat screen TV in the living room as well. The condo is nicely decorated in a “Tommy Bahama” style. And we felt comfortable and relaxed the whole time we were there. The owner provided great rates for the island! I will definitely consider renting from him again! It was also great that the condo overlooked the pool. So when family members were at the pool, all I had to do was look down and see what they were up to. I HIGHLY recommend this condo. Also, the staff and others at the complex are very nice!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
4  Thank Kapanda
Reviewed 5 March 2010

Tower 4 condo 1411 is rented by Horizon Rentals on Marco Island. While OK in every other way, this condo has, how can I put this, icky plastic on the outsides of the southwest facing windows. These are the windows that would otherwise allow a great view of a spectacular beach and sunsets. Since we were unfortunate enough to be there during a cold, windy period, we could not sit on the lovely balcony (with furniture that has seen better days) to enjoy these views. While the weather was no one's fault, the icky windows were. Owners, please fix this problem. We will never rent this condo again and will now always remember to ask if the view that is advertised is blocked by this icky stuff.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort
Marco Beach Ocean Resort
Marco Beach Ocean Resort
#2 of 12 in Marco Island

Been to South Seas Towers Condominiums? Share your experiences!