South Seas Towers Condominiums
JW Marriott Marco Island(Marco Island)
US$575
US$493
  • Beachfront
US$658
US$532
  • Pool
Marriott's Crystal Shores(Marco Island)
US$727
US$632
Marco Island Lakeside Inn(Marco Island)(Great Value!)
US$221
US$199
Travelocity
The Boat House Motel(Marco Island)
Orbitz.com
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewstigertail beachmonth of marchunit ownersbeach carttiger tail beachbeach toysgreat condoten minute walkhighly recommend this condowide beachrental agentwasher and dryergreat shellinggreat vacationwrap around balconynew appliancessand bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 May 2008

Just back from 7 days in Marco Island at this complex. This was our first time to the island we really liked the condo and the beach. The condo unit we rented was spotless when we arrived and faced Tigertail beach. The balcony was nice and shady in the morning so you could enjoy breakfast and not be too hot. The pool area was immaculate. To echo what previous reviewers have stated, it is a long walk to the beach because of the location of the towers and because the beach is extremely wide. This would be a concern if you have small children. As adults it was well worth the walk. There was a fabulous breeze off the water which made the temperature tolerable and the gulf water was wonderful.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Liz4Ger
Reviewed 26 April 2008

I booked a condo directly through the owner. The condo unit that we booked was in great shape and newly renovated. It was clean and bright and really felt like home in that the condo was stocked with everything that we needed. We had beach toys, chairs, kitchen utensils, pots, pans, dishes, glasses etc etc. The unit is professionally cleaned between tenants, so it's nice and clean when you get there.

The other reviewers are quite accurate in their description of the rigidity of the pool rules. Not only are you unable to dive into the pool (I can understand that restriction) any form of splashing or playing is totally prohibited. My husband was scolded a number of times just for doing laps in the pool (lap time is between 9 am and 10 am only). I saw most of the children scolded for behaviour that I thought was normal in any pool I've ever been in in my entire life. Toy time is 11:30 am to 12:30 am and 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm only and that is only time that any toys, pool floats etc are allowed and believe me the pool attendants enforce those rules religiously. It was much too restrictive and most people expect to be able to splash or play within the pool. One man was scolded for playing with his children in the pool (too much noise and too much splashing). If you have children who simply wish to play in the pool then don't go to this complex. If I had children I wouldn't go to this particular condo because the condo is geared towards retirees who wish to hear only whispers at the pool.

I enjoyed the beach (it's very shelly and not soft white sand) though. You need beach shoes to walk on until you get to the water. It is a very long hike to the building from the beach and I would recommend hanging out at the pool, and then going to the beach to play, swim or take a walk. That is what my husband and I did and it worked out well for us.

I enjoyed Marco Island as well. It's so pretty with wonderful homes, beautifully manicured gardens and clean streets. I loved the local restaurants as well.

I would go back, and would probably stay at this unit again.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RosaSalerno
Reviewed 13 April 2008

This was our first stay in South Seas after many years at another condo place a few doors down. I have two children ages 12 and 15 and was very nervous after reading the reviews. I have to tell you, we were pleasantly surprised. We were in Tower 1 and had the best time. The pool area was AWESOME! My 15 year rough housed with his dad for a short time and nothing was ever said. We were even allowed to talk on our cell phones and drink a beverage if we wanted to around the pool area. That wouldn't happen at the other condo place. The grounds here were beautiful and the people were very friendly. We never had a negative comment made to us at any time during our stay. Granted, the walk to the beach is longer than we've ever had, but that is not the condominiums fault. The ocean is further away than it has been in many years. (Global warming?) The sand however is groomed daily and it makes the walking a little easier. This was our best trip in a long time and we look forward to going back next year and staying at South Seas again.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank MarcoIsland2
Reviewed 4 April 2008

Recently returned from vacation at South Seas. While the condo owners were great and the grounds and views were beautiful from Tower 3 and 4 you do have quite a long walk to the actual ocean. We have a small child and timed our walk to the ocean from our pool and it took us a good 15 minutes, sometimes longer. Towers 1 and 2 are a little closer but not much. There are no bathrooms near the ocean so if anyone has any emergencies they are out of luck. The sand had many broken shells so sandals did not work well with tiny feet. Buying a small cart with wheels did help with this problem. The pool was very nice but no shade for little ones to enjoy. Pool also had specific toy time twice a day for one hour. Many rules to follow at the pool so teenagers may not appreciate the quiet. I however did love the rules and the quiet.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank daisy535
Reviewed 1 April 2008

We were a little concerned regarding the bad reviews. Here is our experience. Overall, it was nice. I rated it above average because our particular condo was just renovated and was beautifully decorated and the property itself is beautiful and very well maintained. The views are spectacular. Now the drawbacks.... We had a big group of people at this location over Easter break. Apparently, despite having four 19-story buildings on the property - it is usually pretty quiet. During spring break, however, there are a lot of kids/people and the year round residents can be VERY outspoken regarding the rules. (No jumping in the pool, shoes and a coverup have to be worn in the lobby, no toys in the pool except between 4 and 5 etc.) We don't have little kids so the toy thing was no big deal. However, a 40 year old man just stepped into the water (no cannonball!) and a resident reamed him out about it. He was yelling at people all day when another resident finally told him to back off - people are on vacation and no one was doing any harm. There was usually a security guard roaming around at night, which was nice when we pulled in late after dinner. Security also kind of tailed around the teenage boys in the group - which I don't necessarily mind either - but they did! The beach there is enormous - thus to sit by the water, it is quite a hike - and you definitely need shoes because until you get close to the water it is pretty shelly. The walk to the beach didn't bother me because the beach is beautiful and it's good excersize. Lots of good shells. Loads of space if you want to play baseball, volleyball, frisbee, etc. Lots of good places to eat both on the island and in Naples.

Overall, it is a nice place to stay. I would consider coming back - maybe not with a big group. Great location, great views, lots of rules, and a long walk to the beautiful beach.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family