“Spectacular Every Year!”

The Charter Club of Marco Beach
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Marco Island
Reviewed 14 June 2009

We own two units and stay annually. We bring friends each year and the experience is wonderful. The best part is that the Charter Club is managed by Hilton Grand Vacation Club and they maintain it to the hilt. We've owned here since 2001 (first unit) and are pleasantly surprised each year with the updates. We purchased a second unit a couple of years ago. This year they remodeled the kitchens and added granite tops, etc. and they removed a wall that closed the kitchen off to make it a great conversation area. They will be updating furniture next year. The timeshare experience is wonderful, the view is breathtaking and it's like "going home" every year! Enjoy!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank LisaJN

Reviewed 7 May 2009

I should have waited until my 3rd day at The Charter Club before I wrote my first review, I really thought I was going to be bored, this was so far from the truth. I finally learned how to relax and have a great time doing it. The staff was awesome, everyone was so nice and helpful, yeah, they had no music but I found by the 3rd day I didn't need to be entertained. They had free sailboats that I was able to use everyday. and kayaks and free tennis ..... and I actually loved that I had the same lounge chair every day in the same spot.. the views and the weather were amazing. The best restaurants on the Island were all walking distance... go to DaVinci's, this was the best Italian food I have had in the last year. I would come back again anytime. I even liked the fact that I had to take my towels down to the laudry I got to meet a lot of nice people also waiting for clean towels. DaVinci's turns into a nightclub on Saturday nights, open until 2am., we had a blast. I didn't want to leave, this was one of the best vacations I have ever had, I was totally surprised and delighted. I would recommend the Charter Club for sure.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jsatili
Reviewed 25 February 2009

The average nightly stay price is incorrect as given: $449. A more accurate estimate would be no higher than $349/night average. The people, staff and guests, are wholesome, good people. It is a family place, with three generations represented. Our family has been coming for 21 years.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank Bloring
Reviewed 2 January 2009

This was my 13th year in a row at this resort. The staff is amazing and will cater to any of your needs. The rooms themselves are great for a family..enough room so people aren't on top of eachother. Yes there could be some updates as in appliances...but nothing is broken or more than 2-3yrs old. The location is great and it is easy to enjoy the water activities (sailing, jet skis, kayaks, parasailing). The pool and hot tub are great. The wed. afternoon fashion show and cookout are always fun and we look forward to them every year. It is within walking distance (not even 2 miles) to restaurants, bars, shopping, gas station.. almost everything! We come here every year as a family and have passed up other vacation spots (Sanibel, Key West, Miami) to keep coming back. I would highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank kbridges1
Reviewed 29 October 2008

We stayed for a week and booked with Hilton timeshare points. We were surprised this is a Hilton property (there is no insignia when we got there, but assumed it was because we were able to use our points ) as it was definitely not up to Hilton standards. This hotel would be okay if you're on a budget, but when you used to high quality condos, it was quite disappointing.
The decor and furnishings were outdated and old and various things didn't work- phone, hot water in one of the baths, microwave. It was difficult to deal with the front desk. We stayed a week, and the entire time we were there never saw any staff cleaning anything on the grounds. Cigarette butts in the stairwell. Filthy elevators, never cleaned pnce. The gym was a joke, filled with old equipment. The grounds and common areas were dirty and unkept. Parking was free but very limited. The pool was kept cleaned. I guess we were there during off-season and they don't maintain the staff. The beach in front of the hotel had way too many shells, further down the beach was much better kept.
I would only recommend this property if you get a stellar price on it and are looking for a bargain, like no more than $700/week.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank b0ssy_b
Reviewed 25 October 2008

We traded for this property thru RCI. We were told about the construction upon booking this unit. We called the facility and they were very honest. The only noise we ever heard was the back up beeps of equipment. You had to really listen to hear them. Every so often you would hear something but nothing disturbing. We never heard anything in our building and we were closest to the construction. We actually went on a visit of the facilty and we were given 150.00 to use during our stay at designated Rest.
Yes, the rooms need renovated but they are CLEAN. The kitchens have been renovated and are very nice. The staff was very nice and very helpful. The activities were nice but the children's Activities Director seemed not to like her job. She had the attitude that we were disturbing her by showing up for scheduled activities. The other Activities lady was very nice! The help yourself activities are GREAT!!!!
I would not recommend the Sunset Beach Photographer Peter . Do not take the time to dress your entire family. We arrived FIRST for our pics. and he never got to us!!! He is very unprofessional. He was to busy taking everyone else's pics that arrived after us. Anyone with small children he took first. The ages of my children are under 10. By the time he got to us the Sun was TOTALLY gone. We left without any pictures. After telling the story at the pool - everyone was finishing my story for me. They had been there done that with Peter. Don't waste your time and effort!!!!!!!
We truly had a great trip at this facility even though we had a few glitches. I would recommend this facility. It is very relaxing. The beach chairs are awesome, as well. Paul does and excellent job with them.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
4  Thank PJAS
Reviewed 24 July 2008

We are HGVC members and decided to stay at the Charter Club. The unit that we stayed in was average for a Hilton managed property. The rooms were clean and the elevators are being updated. The master bedroom had a king size bed and the second bedroom had two twins. You can use the fold out couch for a bed however, my children complained about how very uncomfortable it was.The beach was clean and the shelling and sunsets were great. However, the water at the beach was not clear at all.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Moorings
Edgewater Beach Hotel
Edgewater Beach Hotel
#11 of 59 in Naples

Been to The Charter Club of Marco Beach? Share your experiences!