“Best Hilton property on Marco Island”

The Charter Club of Marco Beach
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Marco Island
Reviewed 21 August 2009

We just got back from the Charter Club on Marco today. I've never written a review of any kind but thought I just had to. This place really exceeded our expectations. We've stayed at other Hilton resorts on Florida's islands both on the west and east coast. They're all older units (except Sunset Club on Marco) and this was the best we've stayed at. It was a bright and cheerful unit with a full view of the beach, updated kitchen, a nice pool area and beach area. They offer some free eats such as breakfast and sub sandwiches on some days of the week. But the units were so nice. They had everything we needed for our stay including your own washer and dryer. The guest bedroom has a pocket door so your guests can have privacy going to the bathroom from their bedroom. The master bedroom is a nice size and had two closets. We also drove around and checked out some of the other Hilton properties and came back and were so glad we picked the Charter Club. Hands down it was the best and we intend on going back again.
Although we stayed at the Sunset Club 2 years ago and that unit was huge, spacious and beautiful it was not on the beach. For a great beach stay and a bright cheerful room stay at the Charter Club. Hands down the best place on Marco Island beach that's Hilton run. Just one down point..the pillows were really poor. Bring your own or go buy one like we did. Alot of the people said their pillows were pretty uncomfortable. They need new ones.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
6  Thank happyhandy
There are newer reviews for The Charter Club of Marco Beach

Reviewed 29 June 2009

The Charter Club was exactly what we wanted in a hotel from Marco. Right on the beach, recently updated kitchens (we did a lot of cooking), access to chaise lounges and umbrellas on the beach (see Paul, he was great!), a great pool for both adults and kids, pool/beach toys provided at no cost, pool/ping pong tables, daily scheduled activites ... it was great. We had a great view from the North tower on the 6th floor ... the sunsets were amazing! Great shelling as well :)

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank srtotty
Reviewed 14 June 2009

We own two units and stay annually. We bring friends each year and the experience is wonderful. The best part is that the Charter Club is managed by Hilton Grand Vacation Club and they maintain it to the hilt. We've owned here since 2001 (first unit) and are pleasantly surprised each year with the updates. We purchased a second unit a couple of years ago. This year they remodeled the kitchens and added granite tops, etc. and they removed a wall that closed the kitchen off to make it a great conversation area. They will be updating furniture next year. The timeshare experience is wonderful, the view is breathtaking and it's like "going home" every year! Enjoy!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank LisaJN
Reviewed 7 May 2009

I should have waited until my 3rd day at The Charter Club before I wrote my first review, I really thought I was going to be bored, this was so far from the truth. I finally learned how to relax and have a great time doing it. The staff was awesome, everyone was so nice and helpful, yeah, they had no music but I found by the 3rd day I didn't need to be entertained. They had free sailboats that I was able to use everyday. and kayaks and free tennis ..... and I actually loved that I had the same lounge chair every day in the same spot.. the views and the weather were amazing. The best restaurants on the Island were all walking distance... go to DaVinci's, this was the best Italian food I have had in the last year. I would come back again anytime. I even liked the fact that I had to take my towels down to the laudry I got to meet a lot of nice people also waiting for clean towels. DaVinci's turns into a nightclub on Saturday nights, open until 2am., we had a blast. I didn't want to leave, this was one of the best vacations I have ever had, I was totally surprised and delighted. I would recommend the Charter Club for sure.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jsatili
Reviewed 25 February 2009

The average nightly stay price is incorrect as given: $449. A more accurate estimate would be no higher than $349/night average. The people, staff and guests, are wholesome, good people. It is a family place, with three generations represented. Our family has been coming for 21 years.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank Bloring
Reviewed 2 January 2009

This was my 13th year in a row at this resort. The staff is amazing and will cater to any of your needs. The rooms themselves are great for a family..enough room so people aren't on top of eachother. Yes there could be some updates as in appliances...but nothing is broken or more than 2-3yrs old. The location is great and it is easy to enjoy the water activities (sailing, jet skis, kayaks, parasailing). The pool and hot tub are great. The wed. afternoon fashion show and cookout are always fun and we look forward to them every year. It is within walking distance (not even 2 miles) to restaurants, bars, shopping, gas station.. almost everything! We come here every year as a family and have passed up other vacation spots (Sanibel, Key West, Miami) to keep coming back. I would highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank kbridges1
Reviewed 29 October 2008

We stayed for a week and booked with Hilton timeshare points. We were surprised this is a Hilton property (there is no insignia when we got there, but assumed it was because we were able to use our points ) as it was definitely not up to Hilton standards. This hotel would be okay if you're on a budget, but when you used to high quality condos, it was quite disappointing.
The decor and furnishings were outdated and old and various things didn't work- phone, hot water in one of the baths, microwave. It was difficult to deal with the front desk. We stayed a week, and the entire time we were there never saw any staff cleaning anything on the grounds. Cigarette butts in the stairwell. Filthy elevators, never cleaned pnce. The gym was a joke, filled with old equipment. The grounds and common areas were dirty and unkept. Parking was free but very limited. The pool was kept cleaned. I guess we were there during off-season and they don't maintain the staff. The beach in front of the hotel had way too many shells, further down the beach was much better kept.
I would only recommend this property if you get a stellar price on it and are looking for a bargain, like no more than $700/week.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank b0ssy_b
JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort
Marco Beach Ocean Resort
Marco Beach Ocean Resort
#2 of 12 in Marco Island

Been to The Charter Club of Marco Beach? Share your experiences!