“It's OK”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Reviewed 9 March 2014

The Island Pizza and Pasta Company replaced another pizzeria in the same location this past year (actually there have been a succession of maybe 5 different pizzeria owners over the last 10 years in that location) and is operated by the son of one of the island's favorite eateries, NeNe's Kitchen. Since the family is from the mid-west (I believe Chicago) the pizza has a distinctly middle America bent. If you are looking for New York pizza, this place is not for you. They will deliver all over the island and sell only whole pizaas and only after 4PM. You can't get a slice for lunch.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Thank you for brining Chicago tot the island!!!

A Marco treasure!

Vegetarian and white pizza are AWESOME!

Reviewed 20 January 2014

I had a Peperonni and Mushroom Pizza, was very good, excellent crust too.
We had three couples and we each ordered a pizza, All were very happy with there meal. My wife had a salad and it was huge, she was sooo happy!

2  Thank Quinn P
Reviewed 29 December 2013

So, I traditionally don't complain about restaurants and while I realize that they must have been busy my experience was absolutely shocking. I called asking about a delivery that was now 1.5 hrs (from the time it was ordered) and when asked the guy said it was just being placed in the oven. While I was disappointed to hear this as I was feeding 3 kids, I figured I'd ask how much longer. He said "30 minutes to 1 hr ---- ok... 30 minutes". I repeated 30 minutes back to him. And the reply "What the F do you want me to say, 15 minutes, 5 minutes, I am right outside your door." He then hung up.

I called back twice and each time got placed right in voicemail. Finally spoke to someone who, without apologizing simply said "we will cancel your order".

I realize that every business can have a bad egg. Hopefully when I request the owner tomorrow I will get a more respectable response. The concern with this experience on the phone is the unknown about what is happening behind the scenes... I will be letting the hotel know of this experience. I will post back of ownership provides a reasonable response.

Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

We are from Chicago. We know good pizza! You can call us pizza snobs... Chicago style pizza critics. ...

3  Thank David M