“Best meal of our vacation!”
Review of Fin Bistro

Fin Bistro
Ranked #4 of 121 Restaurants in Marco Island
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Fin Bistro is the premiere fresh fish restaurant on Marco Island! We have a large focus on local and regional fish. You may also find other great" made from scratch" items if all the members of your group are not fish lovers!
“Best meal of our vacation!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our meal at this cozy/intimate fresh seafood restaurant. The food was excellent and I wish we could go back for dinner tomorrow, but our vacation is over and so I guess we saved the best meal for last! We each started out with the seafood chowder which had an ample amount of chunks of fish and lobster and potatoes and carrots. The Caesar salad was also delicious because we both picked that as our second course and finally, we each had the grouper as our main entree. The grouper was served with gnocchi, lump crab, artichokes, prosciutto and a delicious cream sauce. It was more than enough to share after our soups and salads, but we were glad we each ordered our own so we didn't have to share! The only downside to our meal was our own decision to order the same items! What were we thinking?! We should have each tried different selections and shared them all, so that we could have enjoyed that many more scrumptious bites. We did share dessert-apple croissant bread pudding that was also wonderful. I cannot wait to book my next trip to Marco so we can try this restaurant again! The prices were reasonable considering the quality of the food and you can pay more for frozen fish overloaded with sauces used to disguise the bad fish flavor at other local restaurants. I consider $26 for fresh fish a bargain! Hotel prices are in the $35-40 range. My husband spent $60 for pizza that was barely edible the night before and our bill was around $100 for local fish entrees, soup, salad and dessert. Loved this restaurant! (Kids are welcome too- we also had our 3 year old with us. She enjoyed her bread roll and took only one bite of her buttered noodle entree.)

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Funtravels2014

Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Great Seafood”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My wife and I were more than pleased withouur seafood choices and wine to to match. The server was very helpful and professional. The setting is cozy and quaint. We will go back.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Chrislew
Orlando, Florida
“Hidden pearl with GREAT food!”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This small restaurant (and I do mean small- there are probably no more than 15 to 16 tables) had FABULOUS seafood, nice atmosphere, and excellent service.
We had the Ahi appetizer, not traditional Ahi sushi at all, but was very good and unique. My husband had the swordfish which had a an excellent mustard sauce and I had the scallops- which were large and outstanding! DON'T miss dessert- the bread pudding was to die for!!!
It was a great dinner night on our anniversary weekend trip :)

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Leslie M
Ventnor City, New Jersey
“GREAT food! GREAT service”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Fin Bistro was recommended to us by our hotel concierge, who also snagged us the last available reservation of the night (a Saturday). It's a small place, definitely noisy, but that didn't detract from the experience for us.

Our server was one of those servers who must make an owner and a chef so proud ... he was very personable, was able to answer question after question about the menu (especially about local fish/seafood) with a smile, and he truly made us feel welcomed as HIS guests.

I live in a beach resort town, so I've been to my share of seafood restaurants, but this was the best meal of this type I've had in years.

We started with two appetizers, a seafood chowder with local ingredients including stone crab, and a delightful (raw) yellowtail avocado crudo with lemon vinaigrette and micro herbs. The chowder was great, but the yellowtail appetizer was simply out of this world, so delicate and yet so flavorful. I wanted more!

Our entrees were both local fishes. My wife ordered the Florida black grouper served over gnocchi and artichokes (and some other great stuff) is a creamy sauce. I ordered the West Florida cobia with asparagus and other veggies in a brown sauce flavored with morels. Our server described cobia as a full-flavored fish that has a consistency more like steak than like other white fishes. I like to try local dishes that I've never had before and I can't find at home. It was fantastic, and was perfectly married to the dark brown sauce, which when I first looked at the plate struck me as odd; how many times do you see fish served with a thick brown sauce on the plate? This was a first for me, and it was a very happy first.

I very enthusiastically recommend Fin Bistro. I can't wait to go back and sample more of the chef's creations.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank CleveRocks
“A hidden gem in plain sight”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My wife and I enjoyed one of the best meals we've ever had here. She started with the prosciutto and asparagus I started with the tuna. Both were excellent. She had the beef tenderloin (she was "fished out" for the week) I had the snapper on risotto. The steak was one of the most tender and flavorful we've ever had. The snapper and risotto were incredible. Would highly recommend and we will be back again. Meal including appetizers several drinks each dessert and wine was $150. Well worth it. Service was outstanding. Great recommendation on wine and entrees.

• Visited June 2014