“Perfect teacher for an experienced junior player”
Review of Island Tennis

Island Tennis
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Tennis anyone! Looking for some exercise, lively hits and helpful tips? I am a seasoned and experienced USPTA Certified Elite Tennis Professional and National Champion and offer professional tennis lessons to all ages and levels to both visitors and locals alike on Marco Island in sunny Southwest Florida. It's always tennis fun in the sun with Island Tennis! Advance reservations required.
Reviewed 2 April 2013

This is the second year that we've had an opportunity to work with Susan. My daughter plays competitive junior tennis and has been fortunate to work with several experienced tour professionals in "career." I would rate Susan among the best that she's worked with because she understands the right balance between making the time together instructional as well as fun (especially as we were technically on vacation). During this trip, Susan was able to weave in some key tips on mental preparation and court strategy along with assisting from a technical standpoint. During our stay, we had nearly 10 hours with her and each time my daughter came off the court looking for more. We look forward to seeing her again next year!

sallisone, Owner at Island Tennis, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2013

Matthew, thank you very much for taking the time to write such a nice review about your tennis experience with me. So very kind and much appreciated!! I very much enjoy working with your daughter,Brooke, and assisting both you and her with her tennis "journey". She is cute, fun, and also a very good player! I am excited for her! Keep enjoying the game and please don't hesistate to contact me for any help or to simply just let me know how things are going. I will look forward to our next meeting! All the best and good luck!

All reviews
"a lot of fun"
in 6 reviews
"learn something"
in 2 reviews
"can't wait to come back"
"session"
in 11 reviews
"strokes"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 31 March 2013

Susan Evans is fantastic tennis coach. I am a 4.0-4.5 level player trying to improve my game. In two short hours Susan dissected my backhand, found the core flaw that has inhibited my progress for years, applied the perfect drills to make me comfortable with the change, and had me hitting great topspin backhands by the end of the second hour. Simply excellent!

sallisone, Owner at Island Tennis, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

Gee, thanks a million, Tom! So kind of you to write a review and I am so happy I was able to really help you! With the proper grip and swing now your backhand is world class and will be a real weapon in your already excellent tennis game! I hope to see you again on your next visit on Marco to see your improvement and have some more fun! Many thanks again, it was all my pleasure! Keep up the good work and keep enjoying the game!

Reviewed 28 March 2013

When Susan asked me what I wanted to accomplish in my lesson I said that I wanted to hit a lot of balls. That is what I got! Susan had me play about 10 different drills in which I hit a variety of shots. She made each drill a game, which made it fun and competitive. I am a 4.5 player and was so impressed with Susan's playing and liked how positive and motivating she was throughout the lesson. She would be great for all levels and ages!

sallisone, Owner at Island Tennis, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2013

Gee Julie, so nice of you to write such a wonderful review! I so appreciate it! I am so pleased I was able to provide you exactly what you wanted! It was great fun to meet you and play tennis wtih you as well! All my pleasure and you have a very nice game! Keep up the great work and enjoying the game! Many thanks and I hope I see you again for some more tennis fun (and when it is not as windy)!

Reviewed 19 March 2013

Enjoyed tennis clinic with Susan. I am not a drill person and usually get bored with them. Susan had me do some fun challenging drills with here that I really enjoyed. I also appreciate for setting up hitting session with child star Brooke. Thanks and I hope to come back.

sallisone, Owner at Island Tennis, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2013

Thank you Jim for your review! So nice of you to write one! Much appreciated! I am so glad you had fun with my tennis drills and also enjoyed the hitting session I set up for you! I look forward to your next visit to Marco Island for some more tennis! Thanks again and keep enjoying the game!

See more reviews
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Had the best time with Susan today. She is a great coach with a passion for the game. Her demeanor and her attention to detail are just what i was looking for. Will be back with out a doubt next time i am on the island. Thanks again Susan!

Great news John! Thanks a million for writing a review! Sure appreciate the kind words! I'm so glad you found me and that I was able to help you and provide you with what you were looking for! I love to help people like you that want to learn and improve their games! You have a nice game and certainly seem like you enjoy it so keep getting after it and having fun! I look forward to your return to Marco Island for some more fun out on the tennis court!