“susan evans an excellent tennis pro”
Review of Island Tennis

Island Tennis
Ranked #15 of 70 things to do in Marco Island
More attraction details
Owner description: Tennis anyone! Looking for some exercise, lively hits and helpful tips? I am a seasoned and experienced USPTA Certified Elite Tennis Professional and National Champion and offer professional tennis lessons to all ages and levels to both visitors and locals alike on Marco Island in sunny Southwest Florida. It's always tennis fun in the sun with Island Tennis! Advanced reservations required.
Bronxville, New York
“susan evans an excellent tennis pro”
Reviewed 7 June 2013

when I was younger, I played on a 5.0 tennis team; consequently I have had a great amount of experience playing with the pros. She rates with the very best. This year, I played with her five times and each session was challenging and fun. If u have a weakness she will improve your technique and give u confidence. I will be back to play with her again.

Visited May 2013
sallisone, Owner at Island Tennis, responded to this review, 8 June 2013
Tom,
Thanks a million for the wonderful review! I am so pleased I was able to help you with your game and I look forward to your return so we can do more! It's all my pleasure to work with you. Keep up the good work! All the best and thanks again for taking the time to write such a nice review! Susan

“Perfect teacher for an experienced junior player”
Reviewed 2 April 2013

This is the second year that we've had an opportunity to work with Susan. My daughter plays competitive junior tennis and has been fortunate to work with several experienced tour professionals in "career." I would rate Susan among the best that she's worked with because she understands the right balance between making the time together instructional as well as fun (especially as we were technically on vacation). During this trip, Susan was able to weave in some key tips on mental preparation and court strategy along with assisting from a technical standpoint. During our stay, we had nearly 10 hours with her and each time my daughter came off the court looking for more. We look forward to seeing her again next year!

sallisone, Owner at Island Tennis, responded to this review, 5 April 2013
Matthew, thank you very much for taking the time to write such a nice review about your tennis experience with me. So very kind and much appreciated!! I very much enjoy working with your daughter,Brooke, and assisting both you and her with her tennis "journey". She is cute, fun, and also a very good player! I am excited for her! Keep enjoying the game and please don't hesistate to contact me for any help or to simply just let me know how things are going. I will look forward to our next meeting! All the best and good luck!
Gurnee, Illinois
“Great Tennis Pro”
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Susan Evans is fantastic tennis coach. I am a 4.0-4.5 level player trying to improve my game. In two short hours Susan dissected my backhand, found the core flaw that has inhibited my progress for years, applied the perfect drills to make me comfortable with the change, and had me hitting great topspin backhands by the end of the second hour. Simply excellent!

sallisone, Owner at Island Tennis, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Gee, thanks a million, Tom! So kind of you to write a review and I am so happy I was able to really help you! With the proper grip and swing now your backhand is world class and will be a real weapon in your already excellent tennis game! I hope to see you again on your next visit on Marco to see your improvement and have some more fun! Many thanks again, it was all my pleasure! Keep up the good work and keep enjoying the game!
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
“Great tennis lesson with Susan”
Reviewed 28 March 2013

When Susan asked me what I wanted to accomplish in my lesson I said that I wanted to hit a lot of balls. That is what I got! Susan had me play about 10 different drills in which I hit a variety of shots. She made each drill a game, which made it fun and competitive. I am a 4.5 player and was so impressed with Susan's playing and liked how positive and motivating she was throughout the lesson. She would be great for all levels and ages!

sallisone, Owner at Island Tennis, responded to this review, 30 March 2013
Gee Julie, so nice of you to write such a wonderful review! I so appreciate it! I am so pleased I was able to provide you exactly what you wanted! It was great fun to meet you and play tennis wtih you as well! All my pleasure and you have a very nice game! Keep up the great work and enjoying the game! Many thanks and I hope I see you again for some more tennis fun (and when it is not as windy)!
Charlotte, North Carolina
“clinic with Susan”
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Enjoyed tennis clinic with Susan. I am not a drill person and usually get bored with them. Susan had me do some fun challenging drills with here that I really enjoyed. I also appreciate for setting up hitting session with child star Brooke. Thanks and I hope to come back.

sallisone, Owner at Island Tennis, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
Thank you Jim for your review! So nice of you to write one! Much appreciated! I am so glad you had fun with my tennis drills and also enjoyed the hitting session I set up for you! I look forward to your next visit to Marco Island for some more tennis! Thanks again and keep enjoying the game!