“Intuitive Instructor”
Review of Island Tennis

Island Tennis
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Tennis anyone! Looking for some exercise, lively hits and helpful tips? I am a seasoned and experienced USPTA Certified Elite Tennis Professional and National Champion and offer professional tennis lessons to all ages and levels to both visitors and locals alike on Marco Island in sunny Southwest Florida. It's always tennis fun in the sun with Island Tennis! Advance reservations required.
Reviewed 11 February 2014

My friend and I were both recovering from injuries and really missed playing tennis. Susan really listened and eased us into the lesson-offering a variety of drills that challenged us. Great work out and skill building on a nice surface! We had both attended many tennis drills and rated this as one of the best.

1  Thank Frozencities
sallisone, Owner at Island Tennis, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Kathleen in Frozencities, from the Ten Thousand frozen Lakes to the Ten Thousand warm sunny Islands you came and we had a terrific time together. I am very happy you looked me up and decided to come out with your girlfriend. It was a delight to meet you both and also work with you. You both did very well given the circumstances and I was impressed and enjoyed my time with you. I look forward to your return again one day and until then keep playing and building! And lastly, thank you for writing your wonderful review. All the best, Susan :)

All reviews
"a lot of fun"
in 6 reviews
"learn something"
in 2 reviews
"can't wait to come back"
"session"
in 11 reviews
"strokes"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 10 February 2014

We were in the Marco Island area for my guys birthday trip. Since He is a tennis fanatic I was intrigued by the high ratings of Susan's instruction. I arranged for him to have a one hour session with her. Money well spent. Excellent work out on shot selection, movement on the court and execution of strategy. He said he wished we were there longer so he could have another lesson to work on different facets of his game. If in the area again he'll be back!

1  Thank Rosemary F
sallisone, Owner at Island Tennis, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Rosemary, thank you very much for taking the time to write such a nice and thoughtful review. It was all my pleasure to work with Bob. He is a very nice player and certainly loves the game. I am impressed with his skills given the short amount of time he has been playing the game. I am so pleased that you found me and came out for a tennis lesson. I look forward to the next time so contact me when you are back in town again! Until then, keep enjoying the game, both of you! Thanks again, Susan :)

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Susan evans gave me two great tennis lessons. I found her to be very knowledgeable and helpful. She pointed out several things to improve my game! She was a delightful person .

sallisone, Owner at Island Tennis, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Susan, thank you for your wonderful review. So very nice of you to take the time to write one. I am so pleased to have met you and worked with you, it was all my pleasure and I really enjoyed helping you. I look forward to you coming to visit again so I can see your improvement and continue to work on more things! Keep up the great work and thanks again! Susan :)

Reviewed 30 January 2014

I am an average player, roughly 4.5 rating, who simply loves to hit balls for exercise. I had a wonderful hitting lesson with Susan Evans. I found her to be highly professional, offering a multitude of drills and critique. She was observant enough to make some adjustments with my grip, enabling me to become more confident and consistent. The amount of balls I hit in an hour's time as well her instruction was worth every cent of the lesson. I found her through The Spa at the Hilton Hotel. If there was any negative point to report, it was that the clay (har-tru) court conditions/maintenance were subpar and needed to be better managed.

Billy, thank you for your review and your kind words! I really enjoyed hitting with you too and also giving you a few little tidbits that could help improve your game. It was also neat to see your wonderful photos of your grass court club in Philly! Thanks for looking me up during your stay at the Hilton on Marco Island. And btw, I passed on your feedback about the condition of the courts to the proper people so if you come back for another session I hope it will be to your liking. Keep enjoying the game and thanks again! Susan :)

See more reviews
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I took a tennis lesson with a friend of mine and with Island Tennis in Marco Island, FL. Last time I took a tennis lesson was about 27 years ago and, after having primarily dedicated my time to cycling, recently with Susan I just realized how much I like tennis and how this sport has changed so much in the last two decades. Susan Evans is a pro Tennis player and also a fantastic coach, very patient, fun, informative answering all our questions, flexible to adjust to our poor tennis level, goal oriented when interacting with us and asking what we preferred to cover in that hour and, more importantly, she rekindled the passion in tennis I forgot I have! She also allowed me to use a Wilson 99S pro racket which felt very different from the one used a long time ago. Yes, I'm going to play tennis again and, grazie Susan, now I need to practice!

sallisone, Owner at Island Tennis, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Grazie mille Cristiano of Italy and now Boston! So nice of you to take the time and to write such a positive review on your experience with Island Tennis! I am so pleased that you enjoyed yourself and that your passion for the game has been rekindled! I also enjoyed introducing you to the modern game of tennis too! All my pleasure! You are now a modern man! Buona Fortuna! Keep enjoying! Forza!