“Great tennis lesson--focused and fun!!”
Review of Island Tennis

Island Tennis
Ranked #14 of 70 things to do in Marco Island
More attraction details
Owner description: Tennis anyone! Looking for some exercise, lively hits and helpful tips? I am a seasoned and experienced USPTA Certified Elite Tennis Professional and National Champion and offer professional tennis lessons to all ages and levels to both visitors and locals alike on Marco Island in sunny Southwest Florida. It's always tennis fun in the sun with Island Tennis! Advanced reservations required.
Marco Island, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great tennis lesson--focused and fun!!”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Had my first lesson in a lot of years with Susan (birthday present from my wife)--she gave me an excellent workout and several good tips to modernize my game and take it to the next level. Susan has an exceptional knowledge of the game and a great delivery when working with her students!! In my case, I think Susan was able to teach an old dog (67 and playing 3.5/4.0--18 and over league tennis) some very effective new tricks to work into my game!---and make me more competitive with my opposition and teammates. Susan's love of tennis and life in general is contagious and refreshing!! I will definitely be back for more!!

1 Thank Ron H
sallisone, Owner at Island Tennis, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Wow Ron, thank you very much for your fabulous review. So very kind and does my heart and soul good. I so appreciate your kind words and it was all my pleasure. I am glad I could provide you some helpful tips to guide you to improving your game and ultimately challenging you and allowing you to enjoy the game more! Stick with it and learn as you go and play. I look forward to our next session and thanks again for taking the time to write a review! All the best, Susan :)

Minnetonka, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Intuitive Instructor”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

My friend and I were both recovering from injuries and really missed playing tennis. Susan really listened and eased us into the lesson-offering a variety of drills that challenged us. Great work out and skill building on a nice surface! We had both attended many tennis drills and rated this as one of the best.

1 Thank Frozencities
sallisone, Owner at Island Tennis, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Kathleen in Frozencities, from the Ten Thousand frozen Lakes to the Ten Thousand warm sunny Islands you came and we had a terrific time together. I am very happy you looked me up and decided to come out with your girlfriend. It was a delight to meet you both and also work with you. You both did very well given the circumstances and I was impressed and enjoyed my time with you. I look forward to your return again one day and until then keep playing and building! And lastly, thank you for writing your wonderful review. All the best, Susan :)
St. Petersburg, Florida
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“A birthday present for my Guy”
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

We were in the Marco Island area for my guys birthday trip. Since He is a tennis fanatic I was intrigued by the high ratings of Susan's instruction. I arranged for him to have a one hour session with her. Money well spent. Excellent work out on shot selection, movement on the court and execution of strategy. He said he wished we were there longer so he could have another lesson to work on different facets of his game. If in the area again he'll be back!

1 Thank Rosemary F
sallisone, Owner at Island Tennis, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Rosemary, thank you very much for taking the time to write such a nice and thoughtful review. It was all my pleasure to work with Bob. He is a very nice player and certainly loves the game. I am impressed with his skills given the short amount of time he has been playing the game. I am so pleased that you found me and came out for a tennis lesson. I look forward to the next time so contact me when you are back in town again! Until then, keep enjoying the game, both of you! Thanks again, Susan :)
“Susan evans is an excellent tennis pro and delightful person.”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Susan evans gave me two great tennis lessons. I found her to be very knowledgeable and helpful. She pointed out several things to improve my game! She was a delightful person .

Visited January 2014
sallisone, Owner at Island Tennis, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Susan, thank you for your wonderful review. So very nice of you to take the time to write one. I am so pleased to have met you and worked with you, it was all my pleasure and I really enjoyed helping you. I look forward to you coming to visit again so I can see your improvement and continue to work on more things! Keep up the great work and thanks again! Susan :)
Merion Station, Pennsylvania
“Tennis lesson”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I am an average player, roughly 4.5 rating, who simply loves to hit balls for exercise. I had a wonderful hitting lesson with Susan Evans. I found her to be highly professional, offering a multitude of drills and critique. She was observant enough to make some adjustments with my grip, enabling me to become more confident and consistent. The amount of balls I hit in an hour's time as well her instruction was worth every cent of the lesson. I found her through The Spa at the Hilton Hotel. If there was any negative point to report, it was that the clay (har-tru) court conditions/maintenance were subpar and needed to be better managed.

Visited January 2014
sallisone, Owner at Island Tennis, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Billy, thank you for your review and your kind words! I really enjoyed hitting with you too and also giving you a few little tidbits that could help improve your game. It was also neat to see your wonderful photos of your grass court club in Philly! Thanks for looking me up during your stay at the Hilton on Marco Island. And btw, I passed on your feedback about the condition of the courts to the proper people so if you come back for another session I hope it will be to your liking. Keep enjoying the game and thanks again! Susan :)