“Very good food”

Verdi's An American Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Verdi's An American Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 119 Restaurants in Marco Island
Price range: US$9 - US$35
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Chef Upham is constantly expanding his skills and is continuously praised by our local customers, as well as commended on social media for his talent of preparing food to perfection. In addition, our distinguished wine list will allow you to pair any meal with the perfect wine. Please visit our menu tab for our most current wine list and broad menu. Verdi’s reservation office is open from noon to 9pm daily and reservations are highly suggested from November 1st through then end of April. In addition, reservations for parties of 8 or more are strongly suggested year round. Our dress code is island casual (polo shirts and dressy sandals are acceptable). Kid’s welcomed and kid’s menu are available. We invite you to join us for dinner and experience Verdi’s difference; we guarantee that you will love your meal and leave delighted with our customer service.
Norristown, Pennsylvania
“Very good food”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The food was very good. I had shrimp, they only had 3 shrimp on the platter but they were a good size & it was plenty. My husband had the pork which looked undercooked but he said it was very good. My friend had the salmon & said it was wonderful. We both agreed that the spinach had too much red pepper. But we all agreed we would go back again.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank NancyJan2013
VerdisManagement, Owner at Verdi's An American Bistro, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Hi Nancy

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. I truly appreciate your feedback, it helps us to improve as a business. We are glad you and your party were able to enjoy your meal. Once again thank you for choosing Verdi's. We appreciate your business.

VR

“Father's Day Dinner at Verdi's”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

While vacationing in Marco with my wife and three children, we decided to go out to celebrate me - Lord Daddy. Several places were closed, but the young lady answering the phone at Verdi's was most pleasant and welcoming and confirmed they were open.
We ordered a variety of food from appetizers including chowder and mac and cheese to grouper and salmon for our entrees -- all food was outstanding and obviously prepared by folks who strive for perfection. We topped our meal off with several servings of dessert including the bread pudding that proved to be sinfully superb!
The service was exemplary and culminated with our server taking a group photo and laughing with us all the way. Verdi's is average priced for finer dining in Marco and recommended as a do not miss.

VerdisManagement, Owner at Verdi's An American Bistro, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Hi Brad

Thank you for sharing your experience with the trip-advisor community. I'm glad to hear that your Fathers day dinner was a great experience. I'm proud to hear that everyone in the restaurant took great care of you. Thank you for such positive feedback on the food and service. We hope to serve you and your family again. Once again thank you for choosing Verdi's.

Marco Island, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Father's Day at Verdi's”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

After two days on Marco Island (first time) we ended up at Verdi's, not really knowing what to expect aside from some very good Trip Advisor reviews. The menu was very interesting and had some interesting looking sea food selections. We were immediately impressed with our server Madeline, who (with her delightful personality) gave us some good advice on the menu. While I can't really say that the meal was one of the best I've ever had, I would say the dinner was very good and the experience was even better. And a thank you to the owner who gave all the fathers two free Father's Day drinks. The wine was excellent and the treat was un-expected.
...a Father's Day fan

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank SNnavely
Hi Snnavely

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the trip-advisor community. I truly appreciate it. I'm proud to hear that Madeline took good care of you and your party. I'm glad you enjoyed the service. Sorry that your meal wasn't completely satisfying. We hope to see you guys on your next visit to Marco. Once again thank you for choosing Verdi's.

Miami, Florida
“Excellent seabass, tuna was ok”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We had the mushroom crostini which is big enough to share as an appetizer. Delicious! I had the sea bass which was to die for, and my hubby had the tuna which he did not find completely to his taste; the flavors did not "fit" well and especially the radish was too strong and overwhelmed the tuna.

The service is attentive, we had like 4 different people who came to our table.Decor is nice, nothing spectacular. Parking is quite limited, could be a problem at rush hour.

• Visited June 2014
Hi Mielvert

Thank you for sharing your experience with the trip-advisor community. I truly appreciate your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that your husband didn't fully enjoy his meal. We hope to have the opportunity to server the both of you again. Once again thank you for choosing Verdi's. We appreciate your business.

South Florida, Florida
“Romantic Ambiance & Amazing Food”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My fiance and I decided to sit outside because it was a lovely evening and we had the whole little outside corner to ourselves. Our waitress was incredibly gratious and helpful. We started off with a walnut brie appetizer that was so delicious that there was no classy way to eat it without gobbling it down! For an entree, (it was months ago so I forget exactly what fish it was,) but please see attached photo. It was one of their specials of the day, prepared with the most incredible curry sauce that my mouth waters whenever i think of it. Absolutely one of the best meals and most romantic settings in my memory. It will be a must-do whenever we're in Marco Island.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Bunny_Mama87
Hi Jmp

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience, with the trip-advisor community. We are glad to hear that you and your fiance were able to enjoy a romantic dinner at Verdi's. It brings great joy to hear your wonderful feedback on the food and service. We would be delighted to server the both of you again. Once again thank you for choosing Verdi's.