“Excellent food and service”
Review of Davinci

Davinci
Reserve with OpenTable
Davinci is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 119 Restaurants in Marco Island
Price range: US$15 - US$31
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hilton
Description: Experience the charm of Italy without the jet lag. The Carvelli family has created a little slice of their homeland in the quaint atmosphere of Marco Island. Sophisticated taste blends into a family atmosphere where each guest will feel at home while enjoying signature dishes and carefully selected wines. The menu combines northern, central and southern Italian cuisine.
Island Park, New York
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

First time to DaVinci's and we'll certainly be back. Food was terrific and the atmosphere and staff were great.

2 Thank William N

Solroed Strand, Denmark
“Great food and superb service”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Our family of four went on our first night at Marco Island to the Davinci restaurant. What an experience!
We ordered arugula salad, two times fettucine carbonara to the kids and ravioli with lobster meat.
All of it was of very great taste. Closing the eyes, one felt being in Italy.
Our waiter was focused and did care for us.
We will definetely return to the restaurant before heading back to Europe.

1 Thank hbgdk
Appleton, Wisconsin, United States
“Great food, atmosphere”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Really good Italian food! Try the wood oven pizza. The fresh sushi was a nice surprise. Great staff, very attentive.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Johnnierich
“Mediterranean Salty, but why?”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Our party of 6 had a reservation for 8 PM - we arrived about 5 minutes early. We checked in with the hostess who somehow seemed annoyed / discombobulated by our slightly early arrival. After a moment to find our reservation she finally warmed up slightly and passed us along to be seated.

Looking over the menu my attention was drawn to a veal entree named "Davinci" which not surprisingly is the signature dish of the restaurant. Our salads were served quickly but we had to remind the waitstaff to bring their "award winning" (my sarcastic claim) bread to the table (actually the bread was good - but my 12-year old son commented that it looked more like a basket full of croutons as opposed to a sliced loaf). The beverages were watery and required a significant effort on our part to obtain refills.

Our meals arrived in a reasonable amount of time and looked delicious. I was very hungry and started with my side dishes, leaving the entree for last. I found the the steamed broccoli with a baby ear of corn to be an odd combination presented in an unfortunate configuration on the plate which my sensibilities required me to separate the baby corn which was standing on end from between the broccoli florets before consuming it. Tucked beneath and beside the veal was pale yellow mass that is best described as a cross between mashed and scalloped garlic parmesan potatoes. The texture unusual leaving me believing that scalloped potatoes had simply been overcooked to the point of becoming mush. Finally digging into the veal I immediately noticed that the meat was very tough requiring a knife to be cut (I expect veal to be tender - to me tenderness is the whole point of veal). After the first bite I noticed that the tomato sauce was exceptionally salty. Undeterred I consumed my entire meal relatively quickly.

My wife's pasta was more than a little al dente (I would argue that it was most likely cooked properly and then dried out under a heat lamp or in a bowl waiting to be served). But my son's brick oven pizza looked wonderful with a crispy "bubble crust" that was ever so slightly burned around the edges...

The meal was punctuated with friendly banter and a style that fluctuated between saccharine sweetness and utter inattentiveness. At one point our server was engaged in a two part 25 minute conversation with the couple dinning at the booth next to ours that delved deeply into the poor career choices of a former college student and their student loan repayment problems. I was actually surprised that patrons at a busy restaurant would unthinkingly assume that such a sustained conversation made sense with an employee who was "on the clock" and should have been attending to other customers (I commented to my dinner companions that this was an example of the continued decline of American society).

At the end of the meal we were approached by a staff member whom I assumed was the manager. He asked the standard "How was your meal question?" My mind fluctuated between saying "fine" and telling the truth. I embarrassingly had to admit that the meal was not to my liking even though I had cleaned my plate. The manager asked for details and I offered my reviewed, but pointed out that I finished the meal in spite of the saltiness... One of my dinner companions who had also chosen the Davinci confirmed the excessive level of salt in the dish. The manager was apologetic and offered the possible explanation that the prosciutto was salty and perhaps that was the source of our complaint. I really didn't want to argue so I accepted this excuse as good enough (the reality was that the sauce was source of the salt because the same red-sauce was on the Chicken Parmesan had by other members of our dinning party and it too was overly salty). The manager offered to prepare something else for me... but as I had already pointed out, I had finished the meal and was not interested in any form of "compensation"... again I was embarrassed having even mentioned the problem.

When the check came our waitress explained that the manager had taken both Davinci meals off of the bill. An as we were waiting for my card to be rung up the manager apologized again and asked us to return later on our vacation to give them a chance to make up for our experience (I'm debating whether or not to try again).

My guess is that eating after 8 PM put the restaurant at the end of its kitchen cycle, most likely resulting in tired staff, condensed sauces, dried out meat and pasta.

Margate, Florida
“Best we found on Marco Island”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The best we found during a week's stay on Marco Island. Servings were average sized. The gnocchi was very good, as was the tagliatelle.

Visited July 2014