“Great Oysters but that's about it”
Review of Rookies Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Rookies Bar & Grill
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I had oysters rookie-feller that were fabulous. The sports on tvs througout the place were great. However, the servers are so busy chatting with others that we had to wait for drink re-fills. I had to wait 10 minutes to pay my bill and I was standing at the bar by then. The Bloody Marys aren't very good. One patron kept interrupting us to charge her phone behind the bar so she had to keep cutting between us to lean over the bar to check to see how her phone was doing! We were staying within walking distance for 4 nights but never went back. Not impressed.

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Can say I was there but probably would never go back. Service not that great. They need to be more knowledgeable of what the food is once it's served. It's ok to be a bit funny but rude crosses the line. At first we thought our server was just being funny but he was clearly annoyed with some of our questions. Everyone's dinner came out together but mine was wrong. Everyone else finished and I still did not get mine yet. Never offered me anything while I waited. No bread, maybe my sides, NOTHING. It did work out in the end. After being told by the manager that I ordered the wrong meal so not the server's fault, he did eventually remove my meal from the bill. I'm done venting.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Service was horrible took forever to take our order!
never even asked how we liked the food or refill our drinks!
Allowed people in the bar to walk around barefoot! Disgusting !!! When asked said it was allowed!! Violation of code! The server told us no. After that we couldn't get out fast enough!!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Sometimes I'm amazed at the content of the reviews submitted. This is a 'sports bar'. Cordon bleu it ain't and it doesn't pretend to be anything else. We spend 5 months on Marco every year. And if we're sitting there thinking "where will we go tonight?", the answer is invariably Rookies. Why? - because it's a safe bet. Great atmosphere, very friendly staff, a group of regulars who always make you feel welcome, wholesome food (exactly what you expect in a sports bar and with some super specials), an extensive range of beer and numerous TVs showing every kind of sport imaginable. Go and look at its website, read it and go there because it delivers exactly what it says on the box and long may it do so. This place is part of what makes Marco special.

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

We stopped in between lunch and dinner, which was a mistake. Very long wait for simple bar food. Very poor table service. Wait staff did adjust bill, but would never visit again.