“Casual and Yummy!”

Ranked #53 of 125 Restaurants in Marco Island
Price range: US$4 - US$21
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Takeout
Description: The Crazy Flamingo has been serving Marco Island for 28 years. It is a VERY, I repeat VERY casual bar setting restaurant that happens to sell delicious food, beer & wine. WE DO NOT Have a wait staff. EVERYTHING is ordered at the bar. We are best known for our Wings, Burgers on Garlic bread, fresh fish and Seafood dishes. Our raw bar of oysters and clams are shucked to order right in front of you.Our steamed pots are popular. If your looking for a VERY relaxed ,casual, sometimes LOUD but always good food... Stop by.. We do not take reservations,some parties come for dinner and stay all night. Enjoy the Island
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I read many of the previous reviews and am surprised by the low ratings on some of them. I don't understand why people want steak, Mexican or BBQ food when you're on an island - go for the seafood! However, CF has great burgers too. We visit Marco 4 or 5 times a year and used to always go to Crazy Flamingo. Several years ago, we started going elsewhere for our Grouper sandwiches, but now that place uses "white fish", so we went back to Crazy Flamingo. There is nothing like fresh Grouper, and CF's sandwiches don't disappoint. I'm normally not one for grilled fish, but now my favorite is the blackened Grouper salad. Yes, this is a bar-type atmosphere, but outside seating is also available. I don't expect bartenders or servers to make my mealtime enjoyable - I have family and/or friends with me to do that. If you're looking for a casual place and good food, give it a try. It is a little pricey, but we think it's worth it.

2  Thank IslandHopper2003

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Great bar atmosphere if that is what you are looking for, nit a good place to sit and eat outside, it is noisy and there are at least 2/3 TV's on outside blaring different channels. The only food that was good out of 4 people was the peel and eat shrimp, the fried grouper was tasteless and fries tasted off bad cooking oil, the conch fritters were rubbery and tasteless as well, and soup had no flavor. You order and pick up your food, but the bartender or person at the counter still expects a tip for self serve?? We would not go back or recommend.

2  Thank Anne E
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

I love visiting local establishments when I travel..stopped in here based on visitor comments. Had the best burger, hands down! Love the fun atmosphere and decor. You do have to serve yourself, but I am ok with that.

1  Thank NicoleB1461
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Always consistent, always good, people behind the bar are a little touched, but who isn't ?
Order at the bar , drink at the bar, eat at the bar or outside. No big deal.
Staff always friendly & the foods always good. Locals favorite. Been there for 30 years so they must be doing something right. Love the teriyaki wings & required burger on garlic bread.

1  Thank HardleyMarcoisland
Reviewed 5 July 2014

This is not a special-occasion place. This is just a place where locals come to hang out a bit.
The menu claims the Caesar Salad is the BEST around. No, it's not...too many stalks..I couldn't finish it.

HOWEVER..

the conch fritters. My son just had to order them. I usually hate the things......but these were DELICIOUS. We should have gotten a second order.

The wings..my husband ordered the second hottest wings, trying to be safe. After two wings he proclaimed he was dying. This was pretty significant seeing as we adores vindaloo because of the spice. My son, trying to show off, ordered the hottest wings....even coated in red pepper flakes. Those were OFF THE CHARTS hot...but he loved them!!

Overall..I would go back here for drinks and snacks...

1  Thank drpclarke