“two completely different experiences”
Review of Porky's Marco Island - CLOSED

Porky's Marco Island
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: As of November 1, 2014 we under new management
Owensboro, Kentucky, United States
“two completely different experiences”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I always wondered when I saw a restaurant with spectacular reviews but then also terrible reviews until we ate at Porky's. We ate there our first day on the island and loved it. The waiter was great, the food was good, the french fries were perfect. It was so good, that we returned later in the week. Our second visit was less than stellar. The waitress was not attentive, and we ran out of drinks and had to flag her down. The food was not as good, and my Cuban sandwich was terrible. Cuban's are one of my favorites, but I couldn't even eat this one. The waitress did offer me something else but I declined and she took it off the bill without my asking. That was nice of her. The french fries were still amazing, but our second visit was a bust. So I give it an average rating for one excellent visit and one bad visit. I guess anyplace can have an off day, so hopefully this was the exception.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank DD42301

Rockford
“Good food for a good price”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The pulled pork sandwich is huge and very good. The staff was very friendly and the food was very good and priced well.

• Visited July 2014
Sacramento, CA
“Absolute Worst in Every Category”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Biggest complaint was serving raw chicken and, after having it literally shoved in his face,the manager/owner offering $1.00 off the bill of $35.00 after admitting it "might be a little bloody, yeah."

The food is tasteless, the management weak, the service non existent. I have to say Porky's may be the worst restaurant we've ever been to in any state, any country.

• Visited September 2013
5 Thank LCnSac
Porkysonmarco, General Manager at Porky's Marco Island, responded to this review, 20 January 2015
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We no longer have that manager and also no longer have the same Chef. We have a wonderful Chef now that would never of allowed that to happen and new management that would of handled the situation differently. We here at Porky's would love you to give us another chance. Thanks again.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, friendly staff”
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

After my wife and I had left a "brewery" place up the street (very limited lunch menu, horrible waitresses) we came to this place. Porky's has a much friendlier atmosphere, and a very broad menu to satisfy anyone's taste for good barbecue. My wife had a New York Strip, I had a spare rib and brisket combo platter. We were served enough to take home for another meal.

Gurnee, Illinois
“Save time and money and skip this place”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We have been coming to Marco Island yearly for 15 years and have always gone to Porkys, but found out it changed hands but thought we would try the new owners. The food was cold, service was TERRIBLE! I think the owner or at least the manager waited on us, he was rude and treated us very poorly because we wanted to split a rack of ribs. After some conversation, he said ok but NO salad bar that is usually included for splitting. We offered to pay a plate split charge but he said no we didn't have to. After our dinner came, he never came back to ask us if all was ok, which the food was cold. When we finally caught him for our bill, he threw the bill down and looked at the total and smirked at us and walked away. I was very insulted and we will never go there again, and also will never recommend it to our renters who come to Marco.

Visited May 2014