“Closed”

Tara Steak and Lobster House
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Since 1998, Tara Steak & Lobster House has been a favorite with locals and visitors alike for what Zagat respondents rate “the best porterhouse around” and our 200+ bottle of annually recognized Wine Spectator Award of Excellence wine list.Famed for serving classic steakhouse fare, in casually sophisticated setting, one can expect to indulge in hand-cut dry-aged steaks, fresh Maine lobster, seafood and delicate chops complimented by homemade sides, decadent desserts and a view to satiate the eyes.
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This place is closed. Sorry that Trip Advisor is not staying current.
Each season Trip advisor should make sure places are still open

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Tasty food, nice place for dinner. Good drinks and service. Little noisy, but good food compensate it.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Even if the restaurant is mostly empty, prepare for a long wait (35-40 minutes) to get your food. And for that, they add on a 20 percent gratuity, nicely hidden when the credit card invoice arrives to get you to add another 15-20 percent.

1  Thank tripper60763
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Sorry we have to post this under the former name of this restaurant, but Trip Advisor doesn't give me any other way to do it......
We have come to Marco for over 15 years, and for the most part the upscale restaurants are pricey and nothing to write home about. We had an "appetizer dinner" at Tara's about 19 months ago and it was fine. We decided to go back and try the restaurant and we were a bit surprised to find a new name on the place: Chop 239. OK, we're here, it's her birthday, let's give it a try.
We were most pleasantly surprised. Yes, it is not a cheap place to go; howeve, we felt our dinners were excellent values in that the QUALITY was fine, the SERVICE was quite pleasant, and our overall EXPERIENCE was very positive. My steak was excellent, cooked as I ordered, and a far better value than what I had had a week ago at another place on the island. My wife and our friend thoroughly enjoyed their beef medallions and salads, and our birthday girl thought the grouper was wonderful to use her word. I enjoy Lobster bisque, and so many of them are actually too "rich" or whatever it is, but their version was smooth, flavorful, and had almost enough lobster pieces to satisfy me (just kidding; it was very good!).
I told the server I would like a glass of a smooth, not too tannic Cab to go with my fillet, but I didn't want a merlot. He brought me a cab I had never heard of (something like Murphy/Goode???) and it was exactly what I had hoped for.
In short, a fine meal, fine service, at an acceptable price. I had one thing all of us didn't like, and that was it was a bit noisy. AS in most Florida fine restaurants the floors were tile, the walls and ceilings hard surfaced, and the room got loud with folks talking a little louder than they needed to......... the bartender, when asked about it, said that coming in Mon through Wed. would be better as the band was not there on the outside patio except on the weekends (they are not employed by the restaurant.. it is an "Esplanade" thing in thier lovely outdoor bar overlooking the harbor and the beautiful 40-50 foot boats tied up to the docks...
COntrary to some of the reviews, we found this to be a good value for the price and we will definitely be back when we come back to Marco in the spring. PS, the sailing was great!

3  Thank donedoc95
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We were informed of a name change to Chop 239. We are not picky individuals but for the tariff, a little imagination might be in order for the bread basket and a dessert menu would be nice. Beats us how the cost has little relationship to the product. NOT AGAIN FOR US.
Food and presentation were ok, had better on the island.

1  Thank redcapsAvon_CT