Eagle's Nest on Marco Beach
US$332
Hotels.com
Marriott's Crystal Shores(Marco Island)
US$698
US$565
US$442
US$382
  • Beachfront
Marco Island Lakeside Inn(Marco Island)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$159
The Boat House Motel(Marco Island)
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
All reviewslunch specialstower roomsresort managersnack bar by the pooldirect linkseveral unitsmultiple weeksrecreational activitiesgrand vacationbath unitpoolside gamestennis courtsin room wifithe water's edgefirst floorsecond bedroomfull kitchen
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Second bedroom has twin beds....that's all they offer. No insulation in walls or ceilings. You hear everything. Bbqs won't light without a match any more. The resort is 30 years old and could use some TLC. Have stayed in other Hilton resorts that are much nicer. Pool area was wonderful, however if you want a chaise and umbrella on the beach you will pay $25 a day. The grounds of the resort are very tropical and well maintained.
Shelling on the beach was far better than the renowned Sanibel Island next door. Access to the beach is great and there are facilities to wash the sand off as you exit.

Room Tip: The first and second floors will have limited beach views unless you are dead center near the elevators. Upper floors will all have great views facing the beach and sunset over the gulf.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Flagtom
Reviewed 9 December 2013

My family and I have been coming to the Nest for almost 30 years! I has always been a very special place for us because of the beauty of the area and the Nest itself. It has always been well maintained, but now with the recent renovation, it is super. The staff is always very friendly and helpful, especially for the kids (Fun Bunch, movies, bingo) and adult activities (pool volleyball, bingo, bean-bag toss, pool golf, etc.). Of course, there's always the tennis and racquetball courts and fitness room for the more active types. I'll take lounging on a chaise at the pool or down at the beautiful white-sand beach. And have I mentioned the views and sunsets ... Wow! In short, it's a great family resort. Unfortunately, we've moved to Germany and the rules about taking kids out of school are very restrictive, and we'll have to greatly curtail our trips to the Nest in the future. We'll miss the Nest more than words can say. :-(

Room Tip: The higher the better in the tower for the best views.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Gastronome37
Reviewed 30 November 2013

This was our fist time at an HGV resort. the room itself was very comfortable and newly renovated. The kitchen had all the equipment needed to cook basic meals. It was supplied with soap and sponge, but no food staples. The resort is not remote, so this was not a problem.

A screened in porch provided us with a sandless enjoyment of the beach when winds got too strong. We enjoyed morning and dusk walks along the white sands, watching pelicans and collecting shells. we loved to open all the sliding doors and hear the surf.

I liked the natural area between the resort itself and the beach. The pool area was also broken up into several areas for hot tub and pools by palms, a small water fall and flower plantings. I found this pleasing both aesthetically and as a way of promoting a feeling of privacy.

Probably because of the kitchen and the proximity of restaurants, the resort has no dining facility of its own, just a poolside snack bar with limited fare.

I found the front desk and poolside activity stand less than helpful in signing up for advertised activities or locating recycling stations. Directions were vague and I was never sure who was in charge. the result was a lack of communication with the partner touring business and the rescheduling of an activity. the partner business was a good one, worth the wait.

So, I guess I would say, the location is lovely, the rooms comfortable, but the staff, while always polite, did not strike me as well coordinated.

Room Tip: We had a ninth floor room and had an unobstructed view of the ociean; corner rooms have view in 2 directions.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sunnyGirl60
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Being from the Caribbean Marco Island was a great find! I have been to different parts of Florida and decided to give my girlfriend a timeshare week birthday gift so asked her to choose a location. She did not get where she suggested but in my search I came upon Marco Island and she jumped at it. We stayed in a two bedroom unit overlooking the pool and hot tubs and gave a beautiful view of the Gulf. Unit beautifully furnished with every commodity required, washer and dryer included. Enjoyed my days of bingo by the pool and the "cheap" lunch was a plus. No restaurant on site but many restaurants located around the area. Pool chairs available but reach early if you want one with an umbrella or in a cool area. The sea was warm and going great until the little fishes started nibbling at me. There are beach chairs and umbrellas for rent on the beach. We got in very late for our check in but there was someone on duty to check us in and direct us to our unit. There is one guaranteed car park for each unit and you get a parking sticker for your vehicle. The unit also had a porch area which had a door that connected via stairs to the pool and the walkway to the beach. It was turtle nesting time so we were advised to close our blinds around 10 pm so the lights would not affect the turtles. Did not get opportunity to use gym but beach was great for walking. Staff were very helpful and most of the guests seem to be owners because they talked about being there every year. One specific day a week you can go the laundry and change your linens and towels. Having a car is an asset for grocery shopping which is about 5 mins away from resort. It cost just around $5 to use a taxi to get there though, you can also take a walk if you are in to that. Checkout was great did not need to go to front desk just had to follow the check out requirements and left keys in unit, Miami or Ft. Lauderdale airports are closest to this resort. I tremendously enjoyed my stay there and definitely intend to pass on this fantastic find. Eagle's Nest I will be back! Thanks for the warm welcome.

Room Tip: Did not stay in the Tower, what I got was much better. Read many reviews on the Tower so when I checked in at 1am and was apprehensive to learn that I was in the condos. But the young man who assisted me at checkin was correct, it was much nicer and very spacious.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank hotfoottrini
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This time share rental is just beautiful. Well maintained, upscale , all amenities, thank heaven for the washer and dryer, and perfectly located on the Gulf for remarkable sunsets. The resort has activities for the little ones as well as daily activities for the adults. You can just kick back and relax or enjoy the beach. The entire resort is totally handicapped accessible if that is what you need. The owners here are the most friendly as well as the front desk staff always available to recommend restaurants, sights etc. You will love your stay here and will want to make it one year after year. We did!

Room Tip: Try for a room with a corner view as the balcony is wrap around.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple