“Perfect Indian restaurant”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 March 2013

Excellent service great menu - very extensive - house wine very decent - beautiful food - tasty not greasy large portions so plenty to share and good value - always busy

Reviewed 24 February 2013

This is my local curry house and definitely one of the very best I have been to, whether you eat in or have a takeaway the food is always fantastic quality and full of flavour. The staff are friendly and always happy to help.The restaurant itself is very modern and clean.I could not recommend this restaurant highly enough!

Reviewed 25 January 2013 via mobile

You'll be hard pressed to beat a better curry this side of Brick Lane.
Always excellent food and keenly priced.
Love the onion bhajis , best around.
Keep up the good work!!

Reviewed 10 December 2012

I used to eat at this restaurant almost every weekend about 15 years ago when it was under different management. Having moved away from the village of Ashtead I had not been back for some time though. Recently however I was walking past this restaurant and noticed a lunch time offer of £5.50 for main course and rice and decided to give it another go. I therefore went for lunch with my wife and daughter on Saturday 8th December, a very cold and frosty day.

With the temperature so low outside, I was therefore quite surprised to find no heating on in the restaurant when we arrived. There was one other couple in there, looking very quiet and sheepish. We sat down and a small heater was plugged in and switched on near us, but the waiter made sure it pointed away from us! When he had gone to fetch drinks I turned it round to try to warm us all up.

The main dinner menu was offered and I had to ask for the lunchtime menu (which the waiter seemed a little put out that I had asked for!). Anyway eventually my daughter and I ordered from the lunch menu, but my wife had something from the monthly specials. We also ordered some poppadoms, pickles and then after, my daughter had a dessert.

The food was pretty good, and once we had moved the heater to warm us up we relaxed more. When the bill came there was some discrepancy on my wife's prawn dish (she couldn't have the Tandoori King Prawns as they wouldn't switch on the Tandoori oven for lunch, so she ordered a prawn dish from the monthly specials). We had been charged an extra £3 for having King Prawns instead of normal prawns. The total cost for lunch for 2 adults and a child came to £43.50 excluding tip - considering two of these meals were £5.50 lunch deals, I thought this was a little excessive,

Sadly not sure if I will return in a hurry as there are lots of other curry houses locally. It was quite an enjoyable meal but did not blow me away, and not turning the heating on when the temperatures are sub-zero is madness! Perhaps it is more inviting at night, but lunches are clearly not their forte.

1  Thank Nibbs007
Reviewed 4 December 2012

I like Ashtead and I liked this restaurant.

Maybe it was not a good idea to go on a Saturday night but it's not exactly close to Twickenham, Craven Cottage nor Upton Park yet the place and the pub around the corner was full of noisy obnoxious tossers intent on seeing who could make the most noise.

The service was however pretty good with all but one of the staff being charming and efficient throughout (they should sack the surly fat one) and the food was certainly up to our expectations.

Starters, main dishes,naan and poppadoms all really tasty and they have that red cocunut paste to go with them that I really like, good size portions also..

Plenty on the menu to choose from and the cost was pretty reasonable with a bottle of red to consider and we had drinks on the house which was an unexpected treat.

It's not that big inside and the tables for two people can be too close for comfort but we will return although only during the week.