“Convenient off I-10 with LOTS of restaurants in area”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Marianna
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Marianna
Largo, Florida
“Convenient off I-10 with LOTS of restaurants in area”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is by far one of the best exits off I-10 in the panhandle. Several hotels, but I prefer the Marriott family and am very pleased with Fairfield Inn & Suites. Numerous, and yes I said numerous restaurants at this exit with plenty of variety to choose from.
Fairfield Inn has never let me down. Always comfortable, convenient highway on/off, great breakfasts, swimming pool (outdoor), business center, and a convenient little "marketplace" in the lobby for snacks and forgotton personal items for your travels.
Well done Marriott!

Room Tip: High floor away from elevator gives peace and quiet and less foot traffic outside your door!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
FFS Marianna M, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Marianna, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Thank you for staying with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites! We appreciate your feedback! I will be happy to share with the team that your stay with us was magnificent and that no problems ever occurred during your stay. We appreciate you choosing our hotel and we truly value you as a loyal guest. Please stop by when your travels take you this way or give us a call directly for your next reservation here at our hotel. Again, thank you for choosing Fairfield Inn & Suites. Have a wonderful day!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
West Bend, WI
Reviewed 14 April 2014

In spite of several issues this hotel did a pretty good job. Wi fi was pretty spotty so that's a negative that could be fixed. No hot water in the morning because of a potential gas leak that had them shutting down all systems. A negative that couldn't be helped. Plugging in the coffee maker that tripped the circuit breaker. A negative that could be fixed.

Lots of issues but in the morning the desk addressed them courteously and even wrote down the wi fi and coffee maker issues (doesn't that tick you off when you tell the desk of a problem and they don't write it down? You know it will be forgotten.) We were offered a substantial discount because of our problems and because the room was very clean and comfortable we felt it deserved a Very Good rating.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites! We appreciate your feedback. I am terribly sorry for the many inconveniences that you had during your stay with us. We have heard your voice and the issues with the Wi-Fi and breaker issues in our breakfast area is something that we plan to have fixed in its entirety during our scheduled renovation of our building in a few months. Since your stay, the issues with the hot water have been resolved as well. I am happy to know that my front desk agent took great care of you for the inconveniences you had during your stay. We truly care about all of our guests and I'm glad you gave us a chance to work the issues out with you so that you would not leave an unsatisfied guest. Should your travels take you this way in the future, I would like to personally assure you that the issues stated will be taken care of. Again thank you so much for staying and choosing Fairfield Inn & Suites! Have a wonderful day!
Tallahassee
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Marriott Platinum members note that you might not get the standard 2 pm late check out. The manager only gave me until 1 pm, but even with the "do not disturb" sign the housekeeper beat on my door 35 min early. The breakfast was lacking, the lobby has an unusually foul odor, the room had water in the ice bucket (not emptied from previous stay) and tissue box was empty. Next time I'll stay at the Hampton across the street or drive further.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Phillip F, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Marianna, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Sir,

As the General Manager of the Fairfield Inn & Suites and on behalf of myself and my staff I would like to apologize greatly for any issues you experienced during your stay here with us. Please note that I am looking into these issues to ensure they do not happen again in the future. I again apologize and for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you and your family and we look forward to you giving us the chance to make your next stay the most enjoyable possible.

Have a Great Day,

General Manager of The Fairfield Inn & Suites.
4966 Whitetail Dr.
Marianna FL, 32446
Florida
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Sorry but - this place smells , in hallway and in rooms
Bathroom was not prepared - shower curtain not clean - moldy
NO HOT WATER
There HAS to be better choices in Marianna - this place is NOT one of them

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Phillip F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Marianna, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Hello,

My name is Phillip Freehling and I am the General Manager of The Fairfield Inn & Suites in Marianna FL, and I am contacting you regarding your most recent stay here with us. I have been made aware that there were some issues with our facility that you did not enjoy, yours in particular the Housekeeping Issues. I am very sorry that your room cleanliness was not up to the par with the Marriott standard you have been accustomed to in your previous stays with us. We are going to I am looking Into these issues accordingly and am very sorry for any inconvenience these issues might have had on you and or your family, I would like to offer you 1,500 Marriott Rewards points to use at any Marriott property for any future stay. Again I would like to apologize on behalf of myself and my staff for your unpleasant stay and we look forward to you letting us earn the right to be your preferred hotel in the Marianna FL, area again.
Jacksonville
Reviewed 7 April 2014

This Fairfield Inn is conveniently located right off I-10 but is quite and clean. The rooms are comfortable, clean, and the staff is friendly and helpful. Breakfast is good with both hot and cold offerings. Breakfast is at 9 but they leave it out for those of us that tend to not get down for breakfast until 9 - nice that it hadn't all disappeared 5 minutes before as I've experienced so many other times/places. THANK YOU!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for staying with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites! We appreciate your feedback. I am thrilled that everything went perfect during you stay here with us! It was an absolute pleasure to have you as a guest in our hotel! You mentioned the breakfast being put up a little past 9AM. Sometimes we usually put the breakfast up during that time but nevertheless we are always accommodating and will try and get you some breakfast. Even if you didn't happen to make it on time our breakfast attendant or even our front desk agents will go out of their way to accommodate so that our guests can have something for breakfast in case they missed it. Again, it was a pleasure having you and I would like to thank you for choosing us here at Fairfield Inn & Suites! We hope to see you next time!
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

We spent one night here after seeing iffy reviews for other locations in the Panhandle along I-10. There is road construction around the ramps for the Interstate in Marianna. The Fairfield Inn is located off the main road, so it seems to be quieter than other locations nearby. Our top floor room was okay. The elevator makes noises like it needs some maintenance. Housekeeping should be given better instruction because our room totally lacked any Kleenex. Two conditioners were left in the bathroom, but no shampoo. I went to the desk to get shampoo for my husband. The shower curtain liner should have been hooked on better-at least 4 sections were off the hooks. We were happy to have a refrigerator in the room for cooling our wine. The bed covering looked clean, but a bit wrinkled- looking.
Their breakfast included scrambled eggs but no meats. A big plate full of biscuits was cold, and I found that 20 seconds in the microwave warmed my biscuit nicely. There was gravy for the biscuits, but I did not try it. Their breakfast choices were average. The coffee was hot and good.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Phillip F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Marianna, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Mrs. Cheryl D,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey and sharing your experience with the Fairfield Inn & Suites Marianna. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Please be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems in the future. As a gesture of our good will, we would like to offer you 2,000 Marriott Rewards points to use for your next stay. Please contact me directly when you are ready to make your next reservation.

If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly at the phone number listed below. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.
Somerset, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We chose this location to stay one night on our way back from New Orleans. The price was right. The room was clean and adequate. The bathroom was clean. The breakfast was very nice and generous.
There were 3 couples with our group and I asked each one about the water temperature in their individual rooms. The water was NOT hot....although you could shower or bathe it was not a pleasurable temperature causing you to exit quickly......so I will rate this hotel lower because of that issue.

Room Tip: Ask about water temperature in rooms and make sure they have addressed this issue.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for choosing Fairfield Inn & Suites! We appreciate your feedback. It is reviews like yours that help us to do better and provide exceptional customer service. I apologize for the inconvenience of the water situation you had during your stay with us. Since your stay, we have looked into this problem and have fixed the situation in its entirety. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Should your travels ever take you this way, I hope that you will give us a chance to right our wrongs and exceed your expectations in the future. Again, thank you staying with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites. Have a wonderful day.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marianna
Comfort Inn & Suites Marianna
Comfort Inn & Suites Chipley
Super 8 Marianna
Super 8 Marianna
#5 of 12 in Marianna

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Marianna? Share your experiences!