“Wonderful find!”

Florida Caverns State Park
Ranked #1 of 18 things to do in Marianna
More attraction details
Owner description: A cave complete with rock formations and bats.
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We didn't even know Florida had Caverns until we were exploring the Florida State Parks website. Intrigued we decided to make a weekend trip of it. It's located about 12 miles off of I-10 just outside of Marianna, Florida. The Caverns are a highlight, although smaller than those we've visited in Tennessee they were still impressive. They have some some trails you can walk along near the Cavern entrance and near the camping area (which includes campsites for those with horses) that has a fresh water spring that people can swim in with a water temperature that stays at 64 degrees Fahrenheit year round. We were sorry we didn't take swim suits as the temp was 103 with humidity! It is a really nice park to see as well as the Caverns, it would have been great if they have cabin rentals but we made due with a hotel.

2  Thank Amy M
"worth the trip"
"low ceilings"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 31 July 2014

My husband didn't believe me at first when I told him FL had caves! (or the waterfall, for that matter). This is a wonderful state park not to be missed. We were there on a Sunday and entered the park at 11:15. We were told the next cave tour would leave at 11:30, so that worked out perfectly!
Headed to the bathrooms quick and off we went. Our tour guide was awesome! Really wish I could remember her name. She was wonderful and made the tour even better. Great rooms to go through, everything was a little different to keep you interested. From sharks teeth to bowls in the ceiling.....stalagtites and mites and even drapes! Wonderful trails around the park as well. We did the Bluff trail and Beech Magnolia Trail. The Bluff trail takes you through a long cave tunnel. Neither trail is strenuous and I think it took about 45 minutes to do both trails. No bugs!
My son wore a tshirt and shorts in the cave and was just fine. I chose to wear a light jacket and capris and was also fine. It just depends on what you're used to. I think I would've been just fine in shorts as well.
I would definitely recommend this park to anyone and would certainly go back again if I'm ever in FL again. Enjoy!

5  Thank earnhardt8carfan
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We arrived at Florida Caverns State Park following a day of hard rain. Although the campsites were full hookup and 50 amp service, the sites themselves were hard packed muddy clay which made it a real challenge to keep our rv clean. The sites were very wooded and large enough for our 38 foot rv. The nights were quiet and dark. The paved roads resulted in little dust. Adjacent to the campground was a spring called the bluehole. It really was blue, but the water temperature of 64 degrees kept us on dry land. The main attraction, though, is the Caverns themselves. A guided tour, the only way to enter the cavern, cost $8.00 per person. For those who have had the good fortune to visit Carlsbad or Luray Caverns, the Florida Caverns will seem quite small by comparison. Our guide was very good and knowledgeable. There are a few tight spots and low ceilings but most visitors should be able to get through without problems. We recommend the Florida Caverns to anyone who loves getting back to nature.

2  Thank Paul S
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The cave was amazing, the only dry cave in Florida. The whole park was beautiful with wonderful hikes and hilly terrain. I would recommend this place to everyone.