“Pleasant Surprise”

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Marianna
Atlanta GA
“Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed 29 April 2012

We stayed at Microtel Inn & Suites in Marianna, FL April 20th and 21st as we were visiting Seacrest Wolf Preserve 20 miles away in Wausau. We chose the hotel due to it's affiliation with the Wyndham chain and point accrual for my mom who is a Wyndham rewards member and because Microtel accepts pets. We were traveling with two small dogs under 20 pounds. I had a very negative experience in a Microtel in Birmingham, AL several years ago and was hesitant about staying in another, however, was very pleasantly surprised to see the positive reviews on TripAdvisor were indeed correct. The hotel is small, conveniently situated and the staff is wonderful, very friendly and helpful. Though our first floor room with two queen beds was not enormous the space was well used and we had a microwave and mini fridge as well. Linens appeared clean and the bathroom was large. The vent and fan in the bathroom were very clean which was a nice plus (I always manage to look up to see nasty dust that looks like it's been there for years) as was the tub. Breakfast was adequate, nothing special, but included with the room and served in the small but quaint lobby. DSL was free, though I didn't have an occasion to log in while there. The hotel was quiet and pleasant and I appreciated the fact that the key card had to be used for entry into any exterior doors in the evening. Shopping and gasoline were just across the street as was fast food. Pizza Hut and Ruby Tuesday were on the access street beside the hotel and we walked to dinner. The only inconvenience was having to keep reactivating our key cards, though the cleaning staff was having to do the same. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others traveling for leisure and if we visit the wolf preserve again in future, Microtel in Marianna will be our first choice for accommodations.

Room Tip: Our room was right at the lobby and we could see the neighboring hotel across the parking lot and a...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
MariannaGM, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Marianna, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Thank you so much for taking your time to review our hotel. I always like to hear that my guest enjoy their stay with us. I have lived in this area for over 20 years and I have never been to the wolf preserve. Let me say I do plan on going and taking my children. I am sure we will enjoy it. Most of our guest love being part of the Wyndham Rewards Program which is such a wonderful program. If you are ever in the area again we would love to be of service to you and your family. Thank you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Reviewed 27 April 2012 via mobile

I'm a single parent traveling with three young children. I drove for 7you hours before I found this microtel. The young lady who checked me in her name was tense she was great she knew about the area was very quick on fixing my reservation. I booked on Orbitz and they reserved me a 1queen smoking room which was not acceptable. The manager I believe her name was Lisa she came out to the lobby with crayons and coloring book for my children she also got them some orange juice and cookies while I checked in and got everything in the room can you say wow I have never had this type of service. The price was perfect the room had 2 beds flat screen TV very clean the AC worked and they also have a small pool. Everything was well kept the staff was always working and speaking to guest as if they had been there for years. This hotel and staff is amazing. My kids enjoyed the pool as did I. My favorite part was when the manager went out of her way to make my children happy. Fantastic job!

• Stayed April 2012
My staff has been with me for a long time and we are like family, so we try to treat our guest like family. Our guest are extremely important to us and we enjoy knowing that we made your stay an enjoyable one. My staff is always looking out for the wellbeing of the “Family” they are always willing to go above and beyond to make your stay the BEST it can be. I enjoy speaking with all of my guest and hearing stories of their travels. If you are ever in the area again I look forward to seeing you at breakfast! Thank you for your review, it was most enjoyable to read!
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This hotel is a one of a kind place. Everyone is always smiling and greeting you. I stayed at this Microtel for 1 week in that time I noticed how important the entire staff made me feel even at breakfast the manager was drinking her coffee talking not only to me but all the guest and her caring rubbed off on the staff. You can tell they enjoy their job and love what they do which is hard to find these days. My room was clean and cozy. It had 2 mints and a letter from both managers welcoming me. The breakfast was good fresh fruit, yogurt, biscuits and sausage gravy, my 2 boys liked the waffles. Oh and one day we were there the manager had donuts, she got then cause she heard one of the people say how she liked donuts with her coffee now that's caring for the people who stay with you. The pool is small but clean and tidy. I enjoyed my stay and will definitely br returning

• Stayed April 2012
beecher
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Room not as reserved...not available upon check in...did discount room...Pool closed green and stayed green for the 6 days we were checked in....poor cleaning staff....one of the maids lost her money in vending machine and was hanging off machine and banging on it with other employees watching...machine could have tipped over.....Breakfast items were stale and mid week most items were not available.Had to request towels,paper items,soap etc...were never restocked when rooms cleaned....One good thing rate reflects service.Where in the world do they get such high reviews??? My first stay in a microtel....not at all pleased.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank maureen r
mcpatty0, Director of Sales at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Marianna, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
I truly apologize for the problems that you incurred during your stay with us. I can promise you that the occurrences that you describe are NOT customary of our hotel or the brand.

We have discussed the individual comments with the staff on duty during your stay as well as our pool vendor. Your experience with us and our reputation are taken very seriously and we regret that we provided anything less than excellent service.

We have credited you for one night's stay and honestly appreciate your feedback.

If you have any additional comments or concerns, feel free to contact me directly.

Patty McArdell
Director of Sales & Marketing

Travellers are raving about these Marianna hotels

Reviewed 8 April 2012

We stayed at this Microtel as a result of our previous stay on this road trip at another Microtel that was an amazing place. My husband walked intot he lobby and met Renae, from whom he requested a better rate than was the straight forward one. Then, when we got to the room, it wasn't ready, so she upgraded us to a Jr. Suite. It was very nice, especially considering the room rates and was clean and comfortable. What I remember the most about our stay was Renae and her contagious smile, laughter and great service. She is a gem!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Our company produces high-profile entertainment projects. We have to make sure the celebrities and artists we're dealing with are happy, rested and ready for an optimal performance. It's critical that the housing arrangements and the attitude of the staff is ready for the mission also.

I was impressed with Renae (front desk) immediately upon talking with her on the phone. Prior to calling the property, I thoroughly researched all available options within the 20 mile area. I was motivated to call based on all the positive comments left by other guests.

Renae has a "can do" attitude and a big smile to go with the friendly service. We needed multiple rooms to satisfy our little entourage and Renae had everything ready to go the moment we walked in the lobby. She made the keys super-fast so we could get the rock stars out into their rooms with ease.

I stayed in a suite. The detail in the room (window cushion, use of wood, lighting, flat screen television, comfort of the bed) all left me thinking I was staying in a 4 star hotel (not a value priced property). I was completely shocked how nice the property was maintained. It was quiet, clean and conveniently located to shopping, food, gas, etc.

Renae called "The Oaks" restaurant to find out what was on the menu for the night. We gorged ourselves on the best fried seafood buffet I've ever eaten! Give Renae a big raise!!

We got everyone back to my suite for a team meeting and had plenty of space to go over the priorities for the show the next day. Everyone said they slept well and they loved the hotel. We woke up to find an expanded continental breakfast and were ready for the 29 hours straight that followed.

I can't thank you enough for your gracious hospitality! Your team is exceptional!!

DGW

David Grant Williams, President/CEO
Dream Launcher Studios

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 March 2012

My daughter and I stayed 1 night here on the way to Arizona. The room was spacious and clean. The bathroom was also clean with a nice shower. My daughter slept on the sofabed and said it was a little uncomfortable. I was expecting 2 rooms, but they only rooms separated by a small partition so it's not really a suite. The morning breakfast was the usual continental selection. If you are looking for affordable and clean accommodations you cannot go wrong staying here.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marianna
Comfort Inn & Suites Marianna
Comfort Inn & Suites Chipley
Marianna Inn and Suites
Marianna Inn and Suites
#8 of 12 in Marianna

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Marianna? Share your experiences!